What did you do to your Skoda today?

RobClubley

Sigh.Replaced the n/s headlight bulb again.I swear that Tesco H7 never even lasted a year but had to get it as that was all that was avaliable at the time.

See how long before the o/s Halfords special lasts now.

Today, I've bought a couple of buckets, and a screen cleaner! Pound land is great sometimes!!

Gave the car a good wash in the multi story today - I'll add in the residents bit at least! :p

Screen.jpg

wheel.jpg

Ollie.jpg

It's been a while since I have managed to give the car a good clean, it's far from perfect but it'll do for now. The next thing on my mind everytime I wash my car is do not brake...DO NOT BRAKE! The phobia of brake dust on your freshly washed wheels breaks my heart!

Shame theres no sockets in the car park to plug the hoover in!

• Like 1

Do you have a better shot with the whole front in view? Looks cool

Sorry about the less than sharp image, but it was taken in a hurry. Gives the general idea though......post-103328-0-64431000-1371583390_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Sorry about the less than sharp image, but it was taken in a hurry. Gives the general idea though......post-103328-0-64431000-1371583390_thumb.jpg

Cheers for that, like that alot. Think mine is too old to work, but that looks oem as I'm not normally a fan of aftermarket drl's

I am waiting some new wiperblades in the post as the current ones are split! So gave the glass a clean with Autoglym Glass Polish.

Drove to local Beefeater for tea!

Cheers for that, like that alot. Think mine is too old to work, but that looks oem as I'm not normally a fan of aftermarket drl's

Here's a better pic. Believe it or not, the photo was taken at 9:50 this evening, but the LEDs have lit the whole place up! Maybe they're too bright?

post-103328-0-92452300-1371603208_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Had my car hand-washed and waxed yesterday. I think it will rain today...

And I'll need to reverse one of the bike racks, as I noticed when having the photo posted here :)

post-102858-0-38101100-1371796030_thumb.jpg

Edited by sheldon_cz

Had to drive out in the aftermath of Wellington's biggest storm in 60+ years. I was a bit nervous taking it out with all of the floods and fallen trees.

Didn't have any problems though. The fire brigade and local council have done an excellent cleanup job.

Couldn't take the wife's car:

1008722_10151688303385977_594765285_o.jpg

Not today but last fortnight its covered 1500 miles to and from Brittany loaded with stuff and coped superbly. Also got a chance to persuade the wife that lowering it would be ok since loaded with us 2, 2 kids, boot and roof box full dropped it a good 2 or 3 cm and it still coped with ferry, speed bumps etc!

Developed another mystery dent in the bonnet. No idea where or what from. What is it with Octys - are the body panels made from tin foil or something? To say I'm fed up is an understatement... going to get it fixed and then sell I think and scratch a Bavarian itch I've had for a while...

£5k Octy vRS estate with some extras coming up soon probably...

I managed to fit the cooling on my car. I had noticed the fans were only coming on at full pelt and not slowly all the time

Unplugged the fan connection to check the voltages. It possibly was not in right. Then plugged it back in and ran a test through VCDS and cleared any errors That worked fine and spun them up. I then started the car to find the fans are now working and spin up when the air con is on. Job done....just don't know how