What did you do to your Skoda today?

RobClubley

Spent the day cleaning up the cylinder head gasket mating surface on the engine block on the fun bus and also took the head to the machine shop to be skimmed. Shan't be long at it will be back on them mean streets.

Took it to the garage, to get the handle fixed and minor service.

Got a bottom of the range Fabia as courtesy car. I miss the power!!

I await the phone call....

Had a knocking underneath so checked it out and about 8 of the 10 locking washer things holding the heat shield had completely or partially rusted away! Got some new ones from ebay and fitted those. :)

My old Pug had a loose heat shield, it kept vibrating the bolts loose and making a big bore sort of noise when the engine was under strain. I think that's what the spring bolts were for that were in the door compartment that the previous owner had taken off of somewhere. Anyway it was a fun game driving into the dealers to trade in whilst not putting any power on to get up the entrance.  :giggle:

• Like 1

I gave it away!  After 30 months I have now given my Yeti to a work colleague (it is a company car) as I am leaving this month. I have the use of an Audi A3 for two weeks until I start my new job where I will be given a BMW.

I will miss the Yeti, after travelling a 113,000 miles together in 30 months we have been through a lot.

Now we are a one Skoda family   :(

Have to say I am not at all impressed by the Audi, it is dire in many ways.

Oh yeah, and back on topic, Skodas.

I fuelled it up today. Best MPG since I bought it, maybe that had something to do with Wednesdays blast on the way to the dealers to ask about that MDI that they couldn't fit?

It's getting dirty, again. I'll wash it next Saturday though, and top up the washer fluid again, and check oil, and tyre pressures. I always do these when I wash it, which with a red car is turning out to be quite often, so maybe not such a bad thing.

Washed my mk1 and got some nice comments about how good it looked from my neighbour then I took the winter wheels off the mk2 so it looks loads better now