What did you do to your Skoda today?

RobClubley

Today I mainly took the nearside rear door apart because a 1.20GBP plastic clip failed and the window stuck halfway. Not a difficult job, but one I could have done without.

A bit of Ford plastic bag is covering the aperture now.

Just sitting and waiting for the part to come from Skoda, along with the immobiliser cable, which of course is not needed at the minute.

I did the same on Thursday morning but at 7, pigeon 0 windscreen 1 thank god it didn't smash.

mine managed just to hit the front left corner of the bumper... left a bit of a red smear but no damage

Today I swopped front and rear wheels, to even up the wear. Slightly more left on the rears as per normal, and I want to change all four at once from the current Michelin Energy+ to Primacy 3s in the autumn. (Yes, I know new tyres go on the rear, but there's not much between them anyway and they'll be evened up and replaced before the weather turns.)

Took me a while to get the wheels off, they'd done the usual trick of welding themselves to the hubs, but with careful use of a length of wood and a 2lb mallet, they came off in the end. Tightened everything up, put the trolley jack away, and went for a ride around the block to check for any sign of unbalance or vibration. All perfect, and as a bonus the slightly extra rubber on the front makes for a better ride. Highly satisfactory finish to a couple of hours work.

Then while locking up, I realised I'd lost the locking wheelnut key. It took the edge off the day somewhat.

drove to work at 5am this morning and made friends with a pigeon :(

I keep getting them on the leading edge of the roof/very top of the windscreen. I overtook someone once, went back into my lane, hit a pigeon and covered the car I overtook in feathers. :D

Amongst loads of other stuff I did on a gorgeous Sunday, I washed both cars and gave them a run round a local 10 mile route to dry them off and check everything was still working after the Karcher treatment. The Fabia vRS managed 39.8mpg; the Citigo Monte Carlo 53mpg. Both were driven with economy in mind as they were both cold but I still reckon that's a good effort by the Fabia. I really love the mid-range grunt of the Fabia vrS but the no-frills-big smile, very low cost motoring of the Citigo is hard to argue against.

• Like 1

Left it alone on the drive whilst I heat gunned all the plastics on the civic back to black.  Quite pleased with the result really.  just needs a wash and some C4 now...

Left it alone on the drive whilst I heat gunned all the plastics on the civic back to black.  Quite pleased with the result really.  just needs a wash and some C4 now...

C4 as in the explosive hahaha :D that escelated quickly .

C4 as in the explosive hahaha :D that escelated quickly .

He he he... If I can't get the windscreen alignment clips behind the headlining to stop creaking then that might be the next stage...!!!

Took the Fabia for its first service and then after work gave it a wash and polish, then conditioned the vinyl plus windscreen and door seals.

Then it drizzled :(

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Let the Mrs drive it to work for cambelt, water pump, 2 new tyres, MOT, AC re-gas and possible wheel bearings

hmmm, wonder what that lot is going to cost me. Handy time what with 2 taxes and car insurances all around the same time  :x

Took it to the garden centre for the missus to buy a plant or two, as a break from changing the top mount bearings on the Fiesta - what a job!

Got ****ed off with not being able to find a way to release the deadlock on rear door so i could strip the door card and change the lock mech.. could only look at it in 10min bursts as was minding the baby too.. while he was napping i was trying... *******s to it, have anotger go tomorrow...

Took the drivers side mirror mount off so I could glue the glass back on that came off in my hand earlier this afternoon and drove it 6 hours from Sheffield to Tring and back...