What did you do to your Skoda today?

RobClubley

Put a new tryre on the front (from a flat) and replaced the spare with a fullsize one.

Sorted trailer electrics.

Put yet another washing machine in it for a trip to the free recycling place god bless the weeee for cutrimg down disposal costs..

Tried out the zip tie solution to temporarily hold the lower 90. Boost pipe. Mega loose.

Then took of the pipe just after the Egr and found it all clogged and the valve stuck open. Cleaned all that out.

Boost leaking sound is a lot less now, need to get a proper pip in there and do the elephant mod.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cleaned both the Rapid and the Fabia Combi.

Fitted front mudflaps to the Rapid (rears have been on for a while).

Oil and filter change on the Rapid.

Again, on the Rapid - removed, cleaned and reseated the front brake pads, and generally cleaned up the callipers and discs after some recent braking problems. Now stopping properly again.

Retrieved it from the mechanic: misfire that started with last week's service now cured.
Learned how to remove the bonnet badge bar, now waiting for wrap and a new badge.
8 hours' teaching tomorrow...

Drove it just for the fun of it, passing the 40K mark on the way.

SWMBO & daughter are away with friends so I took the day off and the lad & I have been on a driving tour round Yorkshire. Starting with the Dales as far as Hawes, and west to Ingleborough. Then back up the middle to Kilnsey for pink fish & chips (there's a trout farm there) for lunch then over to the Moors via Leyburn, Northallerton and Stokesley.  Up to Crag Bank to drive across the top, though Westerdale and along Blakey Ridge before joining the A170 and home. Just shy of seven hours driving and 260 miles covered. Given the heat today (hottest was 29C) being in the car with the aircon running was worth it :)

Fitted Heko wind deflectors to the Rapid (front and rear)

Fitted metal boot lip protector

Fitted "VW Passat Style" chrome trim strip along the bottom edge of the boot lid

Fitted new number plates front and rear - stuck on rather than screwed (wanted rid of the original dealer ones as original dealer was utterly awful and I don't wish to be a rolling advert for them, also didn't want screws going through the letters on the plates)

Fitted Briskoda sticker below rear number plate

Also fitted metal sill trims front and rear, but they looked crap, so they came off this morning and are now in the bin. Have ordered genuine Skoda plastic ones from SuperSkoda to go in their place.

Gave it a new look

with a little help from this

Ouch! I hope everyone was OK.

What happened? Looks like you were on a roundabout on the right hand side of a Polish lorry?

Ouch! I hope everyone was OK.

What happened? Looks like you were on a roundabout on the right hand side of a Polish lorry?

Polish trucker not concentrating on driving.

On a roundabout on the A50 at Uttoxeter, he in left lane approaching roundabout me in right hand lane, I went straight on, he decided to go right, will post up the video later, had to spend nearly 2 hours arguing with him as he would not hand over any details as "it was not his fault", he wanted the police, but they refused to turn up as no one was injured, got there in the end though.

We can't say that. As soon as it is seen that the other party is 1. Polish, and 2. an HGV driver, it is often assumed that it is them in the wrong, That isn't always the case.

If I had a dashcam I'd show you a polish trucker very nearly making the same mess of the side of my Jetta. The only thing was I saw and anticipated him being a prat and kept out of his way as he decided just at this point of him being in the left hand lane to go left at the roundabout...

polish-twat.png

that he really needed to be in the right hand lane to go right at the roundabout. Then he just indicated and drove straight into  my lane across the hatched area.  Then once he'd laid claim to that particular lane he joined the roundabout and moved into the left hand lane for going straight on and went all the way round and eventually turned right.

Happy to be corrected about the incident being documented on here though. :thumbup:

Oh no gutted for you. Looks nasty. Hope you were all ok

Sent from my Galaxy S5

Yes all OK thanks.

Not planning to try and open the doors or windows, will leave that until it goes in for assessment.

We can't say that. As soon as it is seen that the other party is 1. Polish, and 2. an HGV driver, it is often assumed that it is them in the wrong, That isn't always the case.

The problem is that on the continent it is fully acceptable to turn left from the right hand lane on a roundabout (so equal to turning right from the left hand lane in the UK) providing you have your indicator on, I don’t agree with it, but it’s what I also do as it’s fully accepted over there!

Rule No.1 NEVER ‘overtake’ a lorry on a roundabout... they need more rom than you and their trailer may straight-line the roundabout.

Rule No.2 NEVER sit alongside a lorry, the longer you are there the more chance you have of being in their blindspot... especially if they are in a LHD.

Rule No.3 ALWAYS expect a foreign lorry to change lanes on a junction / roundabout with very little or no warning.

It’s all down to self preservation... if it’s bigger than you then give way to it and don’t put yourself into a position for this type of accident to happen.

• Like 1

The problem is that on the continent it is fully acceptable to turn left from the right hand lane on a roundabout (so equal to turning right from the left hand lane in the UK) providing you have your indicator on, I don’t agree with it, but it’s what I also do as it’s fully accepted over there!

Rule No.1 NEVER ‘overtake’ a lorry on a roundabout... they need more rom than you and their trailer may straight-line the roundabout.

Rule No.2 NEVER sit alongside a lorry, the longer you are there the more chance you have of being in their blindspot... especially if they are in a LHD.

Rule No.3 ALWAYS expect a foreign lorry to change lanes on a junction / roundabout with very little or no warning.

It’s all down to self preservation... if it’s bigger than you then give way to it and don’t put yourself into a position for this type of accident to happen.

Weird thing is, he said he wanted to go straight on.

I know that roundabout well, having taken many coaches to Alton Towers, and the problem there is that the main road ahead, the A50 leading off to the right, could be mistranslated as straight on

Mike

No, the A50 is straight across, right takes you into uttoxeter and left goes out into the sticks. It's the little chef roundabout and Miz was heading East away from Stoke.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

• Like 1