Yeti - Forum Members Picture Thread

Krooked

Merlinman pics of your Yeti inspired me to get a 140 in Muscovado DSG diesel. I was going to get an Aqua Blue one. but after seeing the black trim, I ordered the Muscovado colour. James at Allams Epsom said Gobi was the best trim, but as I plan to keep the car for 7 years, black seems sensible !

Howdy fellows.

I have driven my Yeti from the beginning of this year, so maybe it is time to show a picture of the gadget.

This 1.2 TSI Experience model is equipped with sunroof and heated windscreen.

For winter conditions there are studded Michelin X-ICE North XIN2 XL tyres size 215/60 R16, rims are 16" Moon.

> http://img14.imageshack.us/slideshow/webplayer.php?id=ggg999.jpg

Collected my Yeti on 28 Feb 2011 and gave up my cherished Octavia - sad to see it go with its great MPG! However the Yeti appears to be not bad despite its shape and more responsive throttle.

May have chosen Muscovado if buying new but delivery time is terrible and I was very lucky to find this demonstrator car.

The Yeti appears to have one problem that the salesman was embarassed to say he couldn't fix - the EXTREMELY loud beep that it makes when my phone connects or disconnects!!

It terrified my poor wife and I'm forbidden from connecting my phone when she is in the car. If anyone knows how to adjust the volume or disable the beep, please HELP.

Having written this, it appears you can't upload images so I'll just say you've seen one very like it. The only distinctive feature is that it has the Annapurna polished alloys, which I would have ordered anyway - they look VG.

Looking forward to seeing your pictures, if I may suggest a solution;-

1. Open an account on photobucket.com

2. Up load your pictures from your PC to photobucket.con then

3. Open the relevant picture and click the 'image' link (the one with an address of {IMG}photobucket .....etc{/IMG} except that it uses square brackets i.e. [ and ]) and

4. insert this into your post on here.

Simples?

Looking forward to seeing your pictures, if I may suggest a solution;-

1. Open an account on photobucket.com

2. Up load your pictures from your PC to photobucket.con then

3. Open the relevant picture and click the 'image' link (the one with an address of {IMG}photobucket .....etc{/IMG} except that it uses square brackets i.e. [ and ]) and

4. insert this into your post on here.

Simples?

Another way is to support the site and become a freedom member and then you can upload direct....

well finally found time to give the snow monster a good clean today, (get all the winter crap off) still looks good after 12k and 14 months old with no life shine

only one stone chip just under and to the right of the left hand headlight washer,

post-52230-0-57334300-1300646182_thumb.jpg

post-52230-0-22165700-1300646394_thumb.jpg

post-52230-0-36630100-1300646589_thumb.jpg

Beautiful! Thank you.

Think I may have ordered the wrong colour now :doh:

they look good in all colours :thumbup: you will love yours B) when you get it

Hi Kev,

looking good, wish our cars had so few stone chips, touched in best I could another half dozen on the bonnet and wings of the Fabia II, plus an impact scratch along the bottom of one of the doors. The Fabia I after 8 years on the Wolds now looks like someone has had a go at it with a shotgun :S

TP

Hi Kev,

looking good, wish our cars had so few stone chips, touched in best I could another half dozen on the bonnet and wings of the Fabia II, plus an impact scratch along the bottom of one of the doors. The Fabia I after 8 years on the Wolds now looks like someone has had a go at it with a shotgun :S

TP

Hi Tim

was really surprised that i only have one with the state of the roads around here told Lyn to keep a good distance from the car in front, but its the on coming traffic that you cannot do anything about.

Hope your build week is sitting still now, keep us updated with its progress, will have to see how mine is doing next week :wonder:

regards Kevin

• 2 weeks later...

Finally there's a Yeti in my driveway!!

This is my shiny new 1.2 TSi S in Aqua Blue.

Stouff

Very nice! It is only April and we finally have our first 11 plate photo? Or have I missed an 11 photo somewhere else?

post-60303-0-77642400-1301773618_thumb.jpg Yeti 1.2 TSi DSG Elegance in Rosso Brunello.Collected 30/03/2011 13 weeks delivery.

Extras include,heated screen,park assist,steel spare,TPM,annapurna wheels,silver rails and wood trim.2/4/11 changed photos + mudflaps added to car

post-60303-0-88778800-1301774142_thumb.jpg

Yeti 1.2 TSi DSG Elegance in Rosso Brunello.Collected 30/03/2011 13 weeks delivery.

Extras include,heated screen,park assist,steel spare,TPM,annapurna wheels,silver rails and wood trim.

nice colour and trim combo :thumbup: and the wood trim looks good. now enjoy your SM B)

very quick delivery for a DSG and some options

Yeti 1.2 TSi DSG Elegance in Rosso Brunello.Collected 30/03/2011 13 weeks delivery.

Extras include,heated screen,park assist,steel spare,TPM,annapurna wheels,silver rails and wood trim.

Very smart! And I see you already have the silver trim around the "cupholders" and wood trim! Looks good!

Very smart! And I see you already have the silver trim around the "cupholders" and wood trim! Looks good!

And a LED boot light,love that.Also stainless steel rings around the climate control nobs+mudflaps to fit.

Looking to buy a footrest thingy.

Pleased with the positive comments on the colour as that was my main worry while waiting for delivery.

Hi mike 111, nice SM.

How did you manage to get the wood trim?

We were told it's not possible to get in the uk when we ordered ours last Sat.

Hi mike 111, nice SM.

Hi and welcome,

the wood trim is not a factory option in the UK but you can get it as a dealer fit option depending on your dealer (some deny it exists :wonder: )

Allams on-line parts store has the kit available AMS parts if your dealer cannot or will not source it for you.

Regards,

TP

Hi mike 111, nice SM.

Allams on line along with some rubber mats, very quick delivery,see TP link.

The trim is very easy to fit and is a "must have" with gobi interior.

Allams on line along with some rubber mats, very quick delivery,see TP link.

The trim is very easy to fit and is a "must have" with gobi interior.

To The Plumber and mike 111, thanks very much.

Have looked at the wood trim and was surprised how cheap it was and was gutted when told it was not available in the uk.

We both agree it is the only choice to go with the Gobi leather.

Will look into it again when our SM gets here in about 19wks

Betty the Yeti at home in t'Pennines. That track downhill is part of her daily commute.

IMG_0264

IMG_0265

IMG_0269

Edited by Bobdog

Betty the Yeti at home in t'Pennines. That track downhill is part of her daily commute.

That is a very nice track to have to do every day. In a Yeti of course!

That is a very nice track to have to do every day. In a Yeti of course!

Well the track has been a challenge on many occasions in the 8 years or so I've lived here - but Betty most certainly rises to that challenge better than any of her predecessors.