"Do not jack on sills" Stickers - any interest?

RobClubley

After getting my sills bent for the third time I was thinking maybe we should make up some stickers in the hope that the average garage monkey would see them and actually think for a second before carelessly wrecking our lovely cars.

Something fairly subtle from a distance but noticeable if you were positioning a jack.

Sets of four I guess for the front and rear of the sill.

The master of stickers - Pastyboy - could produce them in whatever colour to match/contrast with your paint.

Is anyone interested?

Suggest a yellow triangle (As per UK road sign shape), black border and then a picture of a jack with the red circle and cross over it (similar to UK no smoking).

Words under it saying "Caution, Do not jack this vehicle on the sill" spread over 2 lines.

Caution, means they might think it could hurt them so will avoid doing it.

These could then be stuck to the lower sill area and probably be about 1-2cm square.

Make the background clear, so it suits all cars.

I tend to look at it the other way, and only entrust my cars with people who wouldn't do this...

If they can't even jack the car correctly, what else can they not do correctly?

Sorry, slightly cynical outlook I know....

Steve

• Like 1

Suggest a yellow triangle (As per UK road sign shape), black border and then a picture of a jack with the red circle and cross over it (similar to UK no smoking).

Words under it saying "Caution, Do not jack this vehicle on the sill" spread over 2 lines.

These could then be stuck to the lower sill area and probably be about 1-2cm square.

I know a company who could probably do these, as they'll need to be pretty hardy if they're going to survive life on the sills :)

They do asset tags for machinery, so are used to producing stickers that last.

Steve

Make the background clear, so it suits all cars.

That's kinda what I had in mind.

I tend to look at it the other way, and only entrust my cars with people who wouldn't do this...

If they can't even jack the car correctly, what else can they not do correctly?

Sorry, slightly cynical outlook I know....

Steve

Yes but you can't account for the work experience lad or something - if a couple of stickers might save you the hassle it's worth it!

Add in a HUGE wraparound one for the rear axle - a single jack up on that can mess up rear alignment badly, needing total rear axle replacement.

It happened to me with a mechanic fiddling with the rear ARB. Shims saved the day but it was a lot of work.

Add in a HUGE wraparound one for the rear axle - a single jack up on that can mess up rear alignment badly, needing total rear axle replacement.

It happened to me with a mechanic fiddling with the rear ARB. Shims saved the day but it was a lot of work.

My Fabia had a smallish version in with the handbook- presumably it's meant to be fitted at PDI?

• 1 month later...

Would be interested too. Wonder if there is anything from the aero industry that would work, they seem to have stickers for everything on planes? Obviously i'm pretty sure they dont use trolley jacks on 747's but might have something that suits.....as i bet they have YTS workers there that dont know any different :D