Private plate - what's yours

Ian_D

For most of my life I've viewed private plates with a touch of derision. :rofl:

I had a mate who was a self-made multi-millionaire, so he bought his girlfriend/partner a DB7 and the plate S4RAH, and 3 months later she ran off with her personal trainer......:rofl:

Then on eBay I saw a plate with my 3 kids initials on, so I got it. Started with V (for 5 in the family) then 2 (adults in family) then the kids' initials. 12 mths later my (now ex-)wife demanded a divorce..........:( then :party:

So, I thought, let me celebrate my new status without her, so I bought X 14N XX where X are the boys' intitials in order, or Dad in the middle of his boys with no f****ing wife anywhere. :)

So I saw the thread for the reg FAB11A and thought....................................

...........................................if you have a personal reg or want to get one, what is it and why?

Ian

Edited by Ian_D

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have 2 one in use one on retention as i used to use till earlier this year when i got my new one

Old one is J10 EGO for Juego and New one is PM04 ORD for P M FORD my initials and second name

I too used to frown on them, but age must have mellowed me, so I've now got one with my initials.

Was tempted by a VRS plate, but went against it just in case I decide to change cars.

Looked recently on DVLA search and BR51MMA is still available, but it's nearly a thousand quid :rotz:

I am a massive private plate snob. I like them, and have one, but I am a big believer that you should only have one if:

a) It's any good

B) It doesn't need to be mis-spacing to read what you think it's supposed to read but doesn't

c) It doesn't require any stupid bolts in the wrong place for the same reason

d) It doesn't involve any illegal lettering either

Not many private plates fall into those categories and those that do are generally expensive. This is what makes me a snob if you know what I mean.

For example, I have a three letter name and my plate spells it. But I can't STAND those plates that are X 13EN X to supposedly spell BEN, it's crap, and it makes you look cheap, you bloody cheapskate.

Another example I saw recently was X 113DY X or something, with two bolts and a rather questionably modified 3 to supposedly make it say "HARDY". It looked stupid, and cheap. And it made the fat sales rep that got out of it look like a prat.

If you're going to do it, do it right IMO.

I wouldn't mind CHR 15W but it's £27995 ex VAT :(

https://www.regtransfers.co.uk/main/secureordering/orderregmark.asp?web=1&searchpage=homepage&searchtype=1&regno=CHR%2015W&regprice=27995&index=0&st=&plateid=30008020&criteria=chr

Edit: Another one I wouldn't mind is CHR 1S, but this one is on a Golf

I wouldn't mind CHR 15W but it's £27995 ex VAT :(

https://www.regtransfers.co.uk/main/secureordering/orderregmark.asp?web=1&searchpage=homepage&searchtype=1&regno=CHR%2015W&regprice=27995&index=0&st=&plateid=30008020&criteria=chr

Edit: Another one I wouldn't mind is CHR 1S, but this one is on a Golf

Last time I saw CHR 1S it was on a BMW 3 series around the West Yorks area :thumbup:

Mine was bought by my wife for my 30th Birthday. My initials being BGT.

The message with the plate simply said: U R30 BGT love Emma :D

The trouble with that plate is you will have to change it every year to correct it. :rolleyes:

I once saw on a Blue Fabia vRS, SE** VRS. :cool: I still don't know if he is a member on here.