Somebody please talk me out of this - or convince me to go for it

Brimma

Stick or twist ?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Do I keep the estate or go for the hatch ?

• Keep the estate
    • Go for the hatch

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A mid-life crisis and you're looking at a Skoda diesel? There are plenty of TVRs on AutoTrader!

If this was offered to me, I'd bite their hands off.

GO FOR IT!!!

Dont listen to the petrolheads,,they are blinkered..

They also pay more insurance

More tax

More petrol to buy

IMO...Its a no brainer!!!

GO FOR IT!!! :thumbup:

We also have more fun, a better sounding engine, a wider powerband, less smog... if you choose diesel over that, you've definitely got no brain! :rofl:

How about looking at it from a different view point as they're trying to sell a second hand car for a brand new price.

How much would it cost you to exchange for a brand new car with the same spec using them and DtD as a starting point?

I seem to remember that this car was £23k when they first advertised it a few weeks ago!

How about looking at it from a different view point as they're trying to sell a second hand car for a brand new price.

How much would it cost you to exchange for a brand new car with the same spec using them and DtD as a starting point?

I seem to remember that this car was £23k when they first advertised it a few weeks ago!

I see your point John, but at their current selling price, they are effectively giving me £14995 for my car, and bearing in mind the reduced spec of mine, that is a bloody good price (Rainworth's offered me £1500 less against a new car)

Maybe you can now see why it's tempting

Those black wheels don't do it for me but I (as usual) see no reason why you shouldn't go for a diesel. There's at least an extra 150miles at god know what price per mile extra per gallon over the green stuff which disappears like money at Christmas. I haven't seen many facelifted ones around here (Lancashire) apart from my rellies 1.9 Classic, sorry, S. It's no help at all I know but it's your money and you'll lose it in the current weather (until it's complely black).

Aren't diesel electric trains supposed to be the next "new" thing being reliable, efficient, cost effiective and darn near perfect ? A bit like a diesel vRS ?

Buy the car :)

Kin ell Rob , why dont you not bother qualifying it , just blurt it out , you need to say why , he should buy it , bit of abuse , torture undermine his decision making processes , he would do it , to/ for you.

Kin ell Rob , why dont you not bother qualifying it , just blurt it out , you need to say why , he should buy it , bit of abuse , torture undermine his decision making processes , he would do it , to/ for you.

If I was going to give any lip - I would direct that in your direction.

If I don't catch you before old man. I hope you have a great xmas and SWMBO had a nice time away.

All the best,

Don't bother, you are just buying £5k of depreciation. You are not getting anything you don't already have other than a couple of fripperies and if you want fripperies buy a Superb, if you want to go faster buy a sports car, if you are having a mid life crisis swap your car with me for the MX - 5 and get both hth :)