Motorbikes

KLM

Just before Xmas I was driving down the A449 from Stafford down towards Wolverhampton. There was a rather nice Audi RS6 in front of me, a Metro in front of him and we were all following a truck at 40- 45ish.

A chap (assume it was a bloke but could be wrong) on a motorbike comes up behind. This is a section with wide lanes so I move over so he can get past. He does, friendly wave of thanks. Same with the Audi in front.

He then goes to go past the Metro and the guy moves over to block him. Chap on bike backs off. Goes to go again, same thing happens. Guy in the Metro is being a knob.

We come to a dual carriageway section. The Audi shoots off and the bike follows. As he goes past the Metro and hand with finger comes out of the window.

This attitide to motorbikes is something I see not uncommonly. Why are people so stupid?

Edited by KLM

I ride and this sort of thing happens a lot, I just ignore it and carry on enjoying myself riding. Interestingly, I never get this when riding in France or Germany... its just another example of how moronic the British are becoming. Best thing about this sort of thing is how worried a car driver is when theyve cut you up, pulled out in front etc... and you catch them up... !!

Funniest thing I saw was a car cut up a mate of mine and the driver was on the friggin phone. He pulled alongside at some traffic lights and reached into the car, removed the phone from the persons hand and promptly threw it to the ground, whereby it slightly got broken. How we laughed about that one.

I ride and this sort of thing happens a lot, I just ignore it and carry on enjoying myself riding. Interestingly, I never get this when riding in France or Germany... its just another example of how moronic the British are becoming. Best thing about this sort of thing is how worried a car driver is when theyve cut you up, pulled out in front etc... and you catch them up... !!

Funniest thing I saw was a car cut up a mate of mine and the driver was on the friggin phone. He pulled alongside at some traffic lights and reached into the car, removed the phone from the persons hand and promptly threw it to the ground, whereby it slightly got broken. How we laughed about that one.

you wouldn't have been laughing if it was my phone,he would have had a very broken bike......and face,lets not forget here bikers are just as responsible for moronic riding as car drivers are for moronic driving,i pulled out in front of a bike last summer he nearly went right into the side of me,the thing is i was about 200 yards off the brow of a hill all was clear when i moved out then over the hill comes a biker doing mentle speed,how he missed me i will never know,he stopped for a word too and got both barrels off me

+1

Just before Xmas I was driving down the A449 from Stafford down towards Wolverhampton. There was a rather nice Audi RS6 in front of me, a Metro in front of him and we were all following a truck at 40- 45ish.

A chap (assume it was a bloke but could be wrong) on a motorbike comes up behind. This is a section with wide lanes so I move over so he can get past. He does, friendly wave of thanks. Same with the Audi in front.

He then goes to go past the Metro and the guy moves over to block him. Chap on bike backs off. Goes to go again, same thing happens. Guy in the Metro is being a knob.

We come to a dual carriageway section. The Audi shoots off and the bike follows. As he goes past the Metro and hand with finger comes out of the window.

This attitide to motorbikes is something I see not uncommonly. Why are people so stupid?

Unfortunately happens too often, one of the reasons I sold my bike..........

True its worse in Britain.......attitude to bikes in Eurpoe and Asia is way more respectful.

British drivers just dont like giving away half an inch to anyone else.................most are just jealous cos they cant go from 0-60 in 3 seconds and beat traffic jams.

True its worse in Britain.......attitude to bikes in Eurpoe and Asia is way more respectful.

British drivers just dont like giving away half an inch to anyone else.................most are just jealous cos they cant go from 0-60 in 3 seconds and beat traffic jams.

That's hit the nail on the head IMO. I'll always move in if I spot a bike coming up behind me in a queue of traffic, but others seem to think that if they can't go anywhere they are not going to let a bike go anywhere.

I find the same when I'm on my pushbike :swear:

I just assume every buggers trying to kill when i ride, dont understand tho why anybody in a car would feel the need to baulk a bike , they still cant go anywhere and thats the point of bikes anyway .

It is not just bikes that suffer this. Over the years this has happened to me on numerous occassions while driving a car. I used to ride bikes years ago and occasionally it happened then too but I do not think that it is bike specific. Some people do not like being overtaken full stop.

I have a Yamaha R1 2001 and (don't laugh) a 2001 Honda C90. The R1 is my Summer Toy and the C90 is my workhorse for commuting etc! The way you get treated on one bike to the other is quite a big difference, the C90 gets all sorts of stupid treatment, driving up your rear, etc. On the R1 they either move over a bit and let you through or move over to block you! You can't win, but the best are the Boy racers, they really think they have a chance......... :giggle:

It is not just bikes that suffer this. Over the years this has happened to me on numerous occassions while driving a car. I used to ride bikes years ago and occasionally it happened then too but I do not think that it is bike specific. Some people do not like being overtaken full stop.

Same people who suddenly speed up when you try to pass or flash you for just passing or leave their lights on full beam because you've had the temerity to go past them.

I've no problem with being over taken by anyone as long as it's done properly. I'll also move to the side to let m/c past in a queue and give as much room to cyclists as I can.

But then I've been a m/c owner and I am a cyclist.

A lot of people don't remember being on a bike and have never been on a m/c so they have no idea how vulnerable you can be. They also wrongly think filtering is illegal.

Juts more of the self centered attitude this country seems to be sinking into. As an ex biker, I will give a biker more room than a car so he/she knows I have seen them. Makes you fell all warm and fuzzy inside when you get the thumbs up from a biker, as they zoom away into the distance. :rofl:

has no one twigged on yet? theres only two sorts of metro drivers these days, little old people who've had the car and looked after it like a child since new :) and some stupid chav that knows nothing better. my guess is he was the latter of the two

Even the c**k in the RS6 let him past! (im only jealous)

It's the new Gov't policy of making every numbskull into a pace maker - they can't drive to the limit when it's safe to do so -so why should you .And Bikes- that agent of Satan - they've got to prove that these people are accidents waiting to happen ,even to the case of making one .But then with our road safety policy - where OAPs are out doing Trafpols job - and Trafpols do anything to keep in a job -what do you expect .