Where to get decent Floor Mats

Hi all,

I am somewhat underwhelmed at the floor mats which came with my FL vRS estate, so am planning on buying a better quality set, so before I potentially go and order some that don't fit can anyone tell me:

1) Will pre-FL mats fit the FL?

2) Are hatch/estate mats the same size?

3) Recommendation on where to source a decent set. vRS logo'd ones would be preferable, but not essential.

Thanks in advance.

Bob.

What's wrong with the standard ones? They do the job and don't move about, and that's about all you can ask of floor mats!

They're small, thin and flimsy, and with the mileage I do I'm sure they'll wear out quick enough (well the drivers one will anyway). I just want some thicker more substantial ones, maybe rubber. I don't really want to get the generic Halfords type ones - would rather have some tailored to the car.

I just want some thicker more substantial ones, maybe rubber.
The Skoda rubber ones do the job well and keep all the crap off the carpet - £24 a set from the dealer emoticon-0148-yes.gif Edited by No Waiting

I got fresh ones for my mk 1 octy from carmats4u.com and had a vrs logo and the reg no put on the mats (as a bit of a pose). My mum also bought a tailored rubber boot liner for her pug estate from them to help her keep the dog debris under control and it's lasted 4 years (with up to 3 spanniels)

The Skoda rubber ones do the job well and keep all the crap off the carpet - £34 a set from the dealer emoticon-0148-yes.gif

I got mine for £25 from a dealer for a full set! Strange how there can be that much of a variation between dealers.

Would have thought they'd all be the same!

Yes one of the lads I work with bought a set for his FL new Ocy H/B and they were £25 for a set of rubber ones, must admit I fancy doing the same for my Scout if they are the same price. cheers - Stuart.

Hi all,

I've just ordered a set of genuine Skoda rubber mats for 25 quid delivered off of eBay as recommended by john999boy - look pretty rugged and should protect the carpets. emoticon-0100-smile.gif

Thanks to all for your suggestions and thanks especially to John. emoticon-0148-yes.gif

Cheers,

Bob

--

Hi all,

I've just ordered a set of genuine Skoda rubber mats for 25 quid delivered off of eBay as recommended by john999boy - look pretty rugged and should protect the carpets. emoticon-0100-smile.gif

Thanks to all for your suggestions and thanks especially to John. emoticon-0148-yes.gif

Cheers,

Bob

--

What's this? All the good stuff being exchanged via PM these days? Come on, share the love :smirk:

What's this? All the good stuff being exchanged via PM these days? Come on, share the love :smirk:

Nothing untoward going on Dodgy. I just pointed vRS Bob in the direction of an Ebay seller who does good discounts.

As you've asked though, the item number is 380197034892 but you can probably see why I didn't just post the info in the first place.

Now if they'd been Briskoda Sponsors then it might have been different. :whew:

• 1 year later...

I'd just get some from Skoda.

I hate aftermarket ones, especially with chavvy metal plates on and huge logos :)

as a Mk1 Furby pilot you prob have the standard Fabia VRS logo ones but the new Octavia VRS just comes with thin nasty basic plain black ones and no VRS logo on gear stick in manual :( I want the same sort of mats I had in my old Fabia VRS

jeffick if you search it on here there are a few good threads about Octavia II mats where people have put in some good links for a wide range of ones inc VRS logo mats tailored for the car :thumbup:

Take a look at my plan, take the original rubber mats, get a piece of cardboard and draw the outline of the mat on the cardboard, then go to some carpet selling store and let them cut out your floor mats out of any carpet you choose, then they saw the outline in any colour you want, I believe that's cheaper than the originals, and you can choose all the colours, and if it moves on the floor, you have the two side sticking band, how do you call it, like on the shoes http://i43.tinypic.com/2ekszz8.jpg only they stick on both sides, and saw it in the mat from below. How do you call this sticky band? :wonder: