Speeding up Bolero SD, possible solution

The MS Excel spreadsheet solution is an option for those people who happen to have MS Excel on their computers; But what about those who aren't able to afford it or don't have it?

The solution in that respect is flawed.

Edited by Evening Star

The MS Excel spreadsheet solution is an option for those people who happen to have MS Excel on their computers; But what about those who aren't able to afford it or don't have it?

The solution in that respect is flawed.

OpenOffice? Free and does most of what MS Office does

Here is version 2 of my little organizer for Bolero SD-cards. The first version worked, but not completely foolproof - no pun intended ;)

But please follow the instructions:

Copy music folders to some empty folder or to the root of an empty SD-card.

These music folders should not have subfolders - this version can't (later versions maybe will) handle it.

Run my application (point to the folder or SD-card).

The structure is ready for use - playlists are made, and the music folders are moved to the right place (don't touch them!!!!)

The playlist files can be reorganized, but don't touch what's inside ...

Included is a 'mix'-playlist with music from all folders.

And remember to put one mp3/wma-file where the playlists are (in the root)

You can still download from http://www.lfsv.dk/diverse/setup.zip

Have you installed before, then please uninstall the old version, before installing the new ...

• Like 1

Here is version 2 of my little organizer for Bolero SD-cards. The first version worked, but not completely foolproof - no pun intended ;)

These music folders should not have subfolders - this version can't (later versions maybe will) handle it.

The structure is ready for use - playlists are made, and the music folders are moved to the right place (don't touch them!!!!)

Have you installed before, then please uninstall the old version, before installing the new ...

Nice to see someone so 'hand on' and quick to amend things. :thumbup:

Just before I check it out a couple of questions:-

1. What OS are you using to test this on and any idea why it just stopped working for me previously? I'm using Win7

2. Could a mk3 version automatically take into account the existing folders that are already in the right place as adding/deleting music would mean deleting the complete nesting structure that was already in place to get it back in the order that the mk2 version required to re-do the updated playlists?

Nice to see someone so 'hand on' and quick to amend things. :thumbup:

Just before I check it out a couple of questions:-

1. What OS are you using to test this on and any idea why it just stopped working for me previously? I'm using Win7

2. Could a mk3 version automatically take into account the existing folders that are already in the right place as adding/deleting music would mean deleting the complete nesting structure that was already in place to get it back in the order that the mk2 version required to re-do the updated playlists?

I've tested on XP, not on W7. Why it doesn't work for you, I don't know. Try to uninstall, and install the new version.

When you write 'stopped working', do you mean 'app does not start' or 'app doesn't do what supposed to do ...'?

I only support a flat structure in this version because nested structures could be difficult to parse. And I have to be sure, that all the music files are found. What I'm thinking of for a later version, is to allow an artist/album/file.mp3 structure, but not more ...

But I'm convinced that you can structure the playlists without any problems: genre/artist/album/playlist.m3u, for example (but don't touch the music files moved deep down).

As I've mentioned before: don't have a Bolero - so I can't test - but it will arrive soon with my new car :)

I have tested on a SD-card, and the app does what it should ...

I've now installed v2 and still elected to keep the 2 system files that it says are newer on Win7 than in the install package.

I tried it on an SD card and also on a hard drive where all the test music files were in individual album folders within a 'music' folder.

I'm pleased to say that all the m3u files (including a mix one) were put in the target directory and all the music files/folders were moved beyond the limits of where the Bolero initially scans.

It's looking very good so far and I'm sure a lot of people will benefit from what you've done! :thumbup:

Congratulations.gif

Not sure if Evening Star will get it to work though? :giggle:

Nice to know it seems to work for you on Win7 ... but does it also work in the actual Bolero?

At some time in the future I may add support for nesting in two levels and maybe something like 'Favourite playlist'-stuff.

I will put a message in this thread if I succeed ...

Nice to know it seems to work for you on Win7 ... but does it also work in the actual Bolero?

Yes, it certainly does work in the Bolero - as I thought it would anyway. :thumbup:

I know you've said this before but I'll just add it as a reminder to others - don't forget to add default one mp3 file in the root directory or the Bolero won't see the SD card correctly!

I have tried using the program that DanishVikings posted.

On my Bolero all it will play is the one track that is in the root.

It will display the Albums on the card and the tracks but what ever I select it pauses for about 20 seconds then plays the 1 song in the root.

I have tried using it on windows media player but just get the message Windows media player can not find the file.

But if I try it via Real player the card works perfectly. The mix file on there works perfectly and it plays which ever track I select.

Each individual album folder must be in the root before you run DanishVikings program.

It then moves them to the correct place.

Did you use the 2nd version of his prog?

Edited by john999boy

I have tried using the program that DanishVikings posted.

On my Bolero all it will play is the one track that is in the root.

It will display the Albums on the card and the tracks but what ever I select it pauses for about 20 seconds then plays the 1 song in the root.

No idea what's wrong. It should work if you follow the exact instructions ... can't test on the bolero, but the playlists on my sd card are understood well by windows media player and played as they should ...

“Copy music folders to some empty folder or to the root of an empty SD-card."

Thanks for the replies I created an empty folder on the Sd card then copied the albums into it. That didn’t work.

I copied all the albums direct to the root of the card then ran the program. It now works perfectly in the Bolero. And real player but still will not work in WMP. But as I rarely use WMP that doesn’t matter

Thank you.

Version 3 is now ready - it can make custom playlists ... B)

Edited by DanishViking

Version 3 is now ready - it can make custom playlists ... B)

The file in your link (without having run it) appears to be exactly the same as v2 - did you forget to update it?

How about naming each version number in future so we know for sure?

The file in your link (without having run it) appears to be exactly the same as v2 - did you forget to update it?

How about naming each version number in future so we know for sure?

It is in fact NOT a new version, but I'll remember the versioning next time ...

EDIT: Now it should be the correct version ... finally

Edited by DanishViking

I don't want to use playlists!

I just want it to play randomly, it's not much to bloody well ask as we're in the :swear: 21st century!

You're totally right. It IS ridiculous we have to do these workarounds. The code should be in order from the factory ...

I don't want to use playlists!

DanishViking is not a magician though Warren!

If you want a fast Bolero (and his v2 mix playlist does work) then you will have to use playlists on the SD card. Otherwise it's a case of:-

vsh0572l.jpg

I understand your confusion. Now It should be OK. Link the same as before, and in the zip file a small txt-document shows the version ...

Download from http://www.lfsv.dk/diverse/setup.zip

I hate to say this but it still seems to have v2 with no text file and no custom playlists!

Just tested ... seems to be OK ... but it could be a caching problem on my server or your browser ... try a little later

I've managed to download the v3 files and yes, you were correct as it was a cache error - maybe solveable by changing the file name each time? :thumbup:

After testing it I've got some observations:-

1. The 'Make Bolero friendly structure' etc box must be clicked first (and the task completed) as the 'Add another playlist' etc box will eventually give a runtime error if there aren't any playlist files already in place.

2. Your custom playlist menu works as it's meant to - I can see where this would be useful.

Once again you've managed to improve on something that did the job anyway! Now you've proved yourself good at this, expect requests for other program enhancements! :clap:

Dear all

I am a stranger from the Yeti forum and humbly ask for some help. Yeti in the UK doesn't even get the option of MDI, so I have been forced to go the SD card route for the Bolero that in in my Yeti.

I've been following for this thread for a while but am not getting anywhere in getting this working, and so throw myself on your mercy!

The story so far....

I have bought a 16gb class 6 SDHC card. I have converted all my itunes mp4 to mp3 files.

What I want to do is simple. I just want all my tracks in a flat folder, that I can then shuffle between. I'm not interested in playlists- I just want to be able to shuffle from track to track of my entire collection..

As was previously suggested, as a test I put 1 track on root the card, and the rest of the music 9 folders down. When I put the card in Bolero, it hung on 'processsing' for about 5 minutes, and only then would play the track in the root.

I then thought I'd try DanishVikings program- I copied all my tracks to the root folder of my sd card- there are no folders, it is just a flat list of tracks. The program ran ok, but it did not move the music and all it did was create a '1' folder, and an empty playlist. If I then put the card in the Bolero it very quickly came up with 'SD error'. I know the card is fine as it can be read by WMP no problems.

What did I do wrong? Has anyone got any suggestions as how I can do what I want to do- again all I want is a flat file of tracks that I can shuffle?? I am slowly losing the will to live here....

HELP ME OBI WAN KENOBI- YOU ARE MY ONLY HOPE

Edited by mwas123

What did I do wrong? Has anyone got any suggestions as how I can do what I want to do- again all I want is a flat file of tracks that I can shuffle?? I am slowly losing the will to live here....

HELP ME OBI WAN KENOBI- YOU ARE MY ONLY HOPE

Just put your tracks in the root of the card, insert into the Bolero, wait a bit... wait some more... wait a bit longer and then when it starts playing the first track, hit mix and hey presto, Bob is your mother's brother.