Newbie with a silly question

Monty

What age is all those Fabia VRS Drivers out there ???  

1 member has voted

1. 1. What age is all those Fabia VRS Drivers out there ???

• 17-20yr old owner/drivers
    • 21-25yr old owner/drivers
    • 26-30yr old owner/drivers
    • 31-35yr old owner/drivers
    • 36-40yr old owner/drivers
    • 41-45yr old owner/drivers
    • 46-50yr old owner/drivers
    • 51-55yr old owner/drivers
    • 56yr old plus owner/drivers

Hello, have enjoyed browsing this forum over the last few months and am due to pick up my black ex-demo Fabia VRS on Wed. cant wait.

My silly question is what age is the typical Fabia VRS owner/driver out there?

I'm nearly 45 and my wife says shes embarrassed with me buying the VRS, because she reckons that everybody else that has one will probably be 20 something boy racers and that I'm having a mini midlife crisis by trading in my Citroen Picasso MPV for this hot hatch.

I've tried to set up a Poll on the subject so hope it works and folk answer it truthfully.

Hello and Welcome,

haven't got a Furby but i'm 30 so i don't consider myself a boy racer anymore,oh who am i trying to kid!!!!once you get in it you'll change into one straight away,especially when a BMW comes up behind you!!! lol

have fun.

Hello' date=' have enjoyed browsing this forum over the last few months and am due to pick up my black ex-demo Fabia VRS on Wed. cant wait.

I'm nearly 45 and my wife says shes embarrassed with me buy the VRS, because she reckons that everybody else will probably be 20 something boy racers and that I'm having a mini midlife crisis by trading in my Citroen Picasso MPV for this hot hatch.

I've tried to set up a Poll on the subject so hope it works and folk answer it truthfully.[/quote']

Monty

My wife calls my Furby vRS my mini midlife crisis, Try this response, it works for me " This is the Golf GTI I couldn't afford when it very first came out "

:) :P :cool::thumbup:

Hello' date=' have enjoyed browsing this forum over the last few months and am due to pick up my black ex-demo Fabia VRS on Wed. cant wait.

I'm nearly 45 and my wife says shes embarrassed with me buy the VRS, because she reckons that everybody else will probably be 20 something boy racers and that I'm having a mini midlife crisis by trading in my Citroen Picasso MPV for this hot hatch.

I've tried to set up a Poll on the subject so hope it works and folk answer it truthfully.[/quote']

Im 29 and the wife is saying the same that I need to grow up and get a sensible car..... I say a Furby is with 52 mpg :D

I'm 35 (but look 28 ;) ) and do NOT consider myself in any way shape or form a "boy racer". I wanted a hatchback with a quality feel and already ruled out VW as my last two cars were Golfs and I was getting bored. Having said that I like the VW build quality so to stay within VAG was one of my preferences. In the end I decided on a fab vRS as it had the understated looks, quality and performance I desired and whilst i dont exactly go hotdogging in the car park of my local Burger King with spotty youths in their chavvy modded XR3i's I certainly take advantage of the power i have at my disposal out on the open road, WITHOUT being a danger to myself or others.

So, anyway is there a certain agegroup the vRS is aimed at??? I dont know although few articles I read about the car before i decided to purchase it suggested that Skoda aimed it at the maturer market.

Whatever, I love it to bits :thumbup:

I'm 26 and have had mine for a few months now.

My dad is 55 and collects his next Saturday having been impressed with mine. I went on the test drive with him (not in my car :P ) and he loved it. He wanted to downsize from a Rover 45 but wanted a bit more power at the same time with good economy so it ticked all the right boxes for him.

Just added my vote to the 45 age group and it seems we are joint leaders with the 30 somethings. My last car was a fiat coupe so I am calming down a little and saving some money in the process. My wife enjoys driving it too, just don't let her get to carried away !!

Live long and Prosper for tomorrow we .......

maybe i should think about that power up grade ??

Monty - you've got a bit to go friend................ 61, 2 months ago. New Furby vRS in June, 16,000 miles - and love it. Been on the "performance" driving course with "Big John", and generally drive in brisk fashion wherever possible and safe to do so. (Recent trip thru France to Spain 2,500 miles, average 74.7mph, 47.6mpg). And I live very close to AMD........

Mind you, got 2 "ex" wives.................. My Furby responds every time she's kicked...............

Monty - you've got a bit to go friend................ 61' date=' 2 months ago. New Furby vRS in June, 16,000 miles - and love it. Been on the "performance" driving course with "Big John", and generally drive in brisk fashion wherever possible and safe to do so. (Recent trip thru France to Spain 2,500 miles, average 74.7mph, 47.6mpg). And I live very close to AMD........

Mind you, got 2 "ex" wives.................. My Furby responds every time she's kicked...............[/quote']

TOLD YA!! Not a car just for young whippersnappers! :thumbup:

My wife thought I was going through a mid life crises (i'm 45) in downsizing after using a Saab 9-3 for a couple of years. Then I took her for a ride in it and she understood. still thinks i'm a boy racer though.

Wol

• 4 months later...
  • Administrators

The fabia is such a good deal it appeals to the entire market place. I really is a fantastic offering*. On our last welsh drive out totally out of the blue a retired gentleman and wife pulled into the snowdon view carpark where 10 or so of us were parked...not sure who was more shocked, he to see us or us to see him in the fabia our of the blue and it was Yellow....thumbs up to him, made my day :)

It really is a great package and you should not be in anyway be worried by the youth who have good taste.

*other VAG offerings exist

I bought it as it is fast, economical and cruises superbly on the motorway.

Had a little fun today with the Mrs next to me, some 'new recruit' soldier types in an Alfa 155 2.0 petrol with big, big wing on it. It pulled out (safely) and accelerated away (well it tried). The Furby has 150 miles on it (running it in today) so didn't really wanna trash it ;)

But we exchanged positions for a bit of fun :D

I reckon up to xxx mph it was very close, then it pulled away a little (but as there was traffic, not for long) ;)

Great fun, we got some good smiles in both cars, thumbs up and then went our separate ways :D

Obviously they were impressed too, and we all had a great laugh. Normally you'd get people cutting each other up and stuff, but we left loads of space, so that was good :)

A 59 year old colleague was dropping out of the company car scheme and after all my glowing reports on the Octy vRs and other factors really fancied a Fabia vRS. His wife put her foot down as she would not entertain a Skoda on the drive. Poor man ended up with a H*n*a J*z*

Hello and Welcome' date='

haven't got a Furby but i'm 30 so i don't consider myself a boy racer anymore,oh who am i trying to kid!!!!once you get in it you'll change into one straight away,especially when a BMW comes up behind you!!! lol

have fun.[/quote']

:P I will go with that! My huby is 35 and our Vrs still reduces him to the mental capacity of a 17 year old:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Hi

Nothing wrong with that i,m 46 and enjoying my tavia vrs

Ita still got all the luxuries that i need and when youre next to a boy racer in his crap corsa at least you know you can leave him there if you want!

I'm nearly 45 and my wife says shes embarrassed with me buying the VRS, because she reckons that everybody else that has one will probably be 20 something boy racers and that I'm having a mini midlife crisis by trading in my Citroen Picasso MPV for this hot hatch.