Insurance for vRS

I am pretty much the same as you mate i too live in manchester, park my car on the road, same no claims and same age. i went through swift cover with a quote of £500 could have got it cheaper if i remove things like legal protection etc. worth a try. insurance companies just seem to throw a huge mark up as soon as you give a manchester postcode :'( and we are such lovely people too

2010 FL VRS 2.0 TSI

33yr, 14yrs NCD, on a PE post code costs me £270 fully comp for a year. This is with Admiral, i did think it was alot but now i have seen the other prices people are paying i am alot happier.

I've just got my insurance renewal quote through, had my vRS since Jan, so 1st renewal with this car.

Current insurer has quoted me £954 :o With a bit of shopping around on the price comparison sites managed to get this down to £750 with a relatively sensible excess and courtesy car included.

I was thinking this is still quite high - it's not like I'm 18 with 12 points! I'm 33, clean licence, 9yrs no claims bonus, no recent accidents. My car is a 2010 vRS estate TDi, no mods (apart from factory options) and I only do an average mileage. But I do live in north Manchester and don't have a garage, so this is probably pushing the premium up :(

I previously had a Saab 9-3, TiD estate, which was group 13 (vRS TDi is group 14?) and insurance was only £590 last year, so it seems a big jump for 1 group higher

So, I was wondering what other people pay, and if there are are any insurers that look favourably on the vRS (I'm going to try phoning Adrian Flux when they are open)

bloody hell thats expensive

28, married 2 kids brandnew Vrs Hatch petrol as of TOMMORROW!!! and I checked 2 weeks ago on Comparethemarket.com and was quoted with 8 years no claims protected with an excess of 350 and voluntery excess of 200 which came to 336.20. the closest was moneysupermarket at 567.00 with excess being 300 and voluntery excess at 150.

hope this helps but I took 336 and will be driving from brighton to manchester with a massive smile! :rofl:

Just got my renewal quote from Esure for my FL Octavia VRS Tdi at £243.

Parked on drive in the Nth East. Full no claims but I am unfortunately 59 which helps a lot.

Chris Knott wanted 386 for renewal of mine! cheapest I got quoted was Bell at 326! Chris Knott matched bar £5 so just went back with them! £5 for less hassle I suppose.

My renewal was 1150 for a fabia VRS in north manchester! 10Y no claims bonus, no points. managed to get it down to around £700 quid though switching. its our postcode that is the issue.

Ste

Seems very dear. Me

32yo, 6yr NCD, no claims at all, protected NCB, legal cover, wife on policy = £330 with E-Sure.

I could have had it at about £270 with Swift Cover but E-Sure have British call centres.

I go through the comparison websites every year and then put that quote back to E-Sure.

After reading all these premiums I feel a little better at mine. Just renewed this week. Tesco last year at £330 with £50 voucher back so £280. This year went up to £360 with no voucher!

Gone with Aviva- 12 months for 10 - through Quidco for £75 cashback! Quote was £330 so with cashback came out at £255!!!

42 year old with 1 non fault accident and clean licence. HU postcode and parked on drive. Mrs on ins as well. That is on 2007 diesel vRS standard spec estate.

Got our renewal in Feb for husband and wife(50+) from AA insurance with a quote of £650, full no claims no convictions etc(£360 last year) on 1 year old 2.0tdi vrs, then stated "best" price of £505. Told them to stuff it, and offered to put me through to dept who would do a better deal, said no and told them if they can't give best deal they didn't deserve my business.

Went on price comparison web site and got quote of £244 with RAC, added a few options and came to £290, which was a big saving compared to £650 and exactly same cover. Another point worth noting is if you look further on the net try a web site called www.beatthatquote.com it can often beat the lowest quotes on the normal comparison websites.

After having the insurance for 2 weeks we then took delivery of a new Yeti 170 4x4 Elegance at an extra yearly cost of 38p.

Edited by redcar_reds

rdjwarren

its already been said.....................if you live in manc no garage ten it costs stupid to insure a vrs. im 36 4 yrs ncd and pay 630 with axa. just found out they wont insure any mods :'(

had silly quotes for 1-2 grand 3 grand excess. the big insurance swindle grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Just insured mine with Chris Knott, :thumbup:

43 year old male, Class 1 business use for me & spouse, New Octavia vRS Petrol est, all extras covered on the car (quite a few), 250 XS, legal protection, courtesy car, foreign use, protected NCB, all for 429 per year, based in Debyshire (but with a Sheffield Postcode).

My current insurer, LV wanted nearly 600.

Interestingly enough, the policy is underwritten by Highway, who i believe are LV anyway (could be wrong though)

i am going with chris knott also on my 2.o petrol vrs

£331.99 as above without buisness use and declaring my forthcoming remap

well sorted , well worth a phone call , also quicker than typing it in yourself lol

Just got my insurance renewal through.................will not be renewing with Admiral! £790!! That is an increase of nearly £300!! Thanks Admiral but too-da-loo

Thanks for all the replies. I've tried aviva (£1022) and direct line (£932). Admiral were second cheapest at £830. Interestingly the £750 quote was from the same insurance company (LV=) as I'm currently insured with - shows it's worth re-quoting as it's £200 cheaper!!

Going off what everyone else is paying, I think the high price must be mainly due to where I live :'( . Just for comparison I ran a quote for a 2010 1.9TDI Elegance estate (as at group 6 it seems to be the lowest insurance diesel Octavia) which was still £530, so looks like I'll just have to accept getting my bottom slapped with the premiums (unless I move house...). Will try Adrian Flux and Brentacre (but from the website I think Brentacre are just for modified cars?)

If it makes you feel any better aviva just gave me a price of £909!!! I've not paid that much for insurance ever!!! FFS even when I was 18 it wasn't that much!!

I just cant see how over a period of 4 month since I got insurance quotes its jumped by on average £400!!

MoreThan initially came out cheapest for me (£420ish) but they gave me terrible service when I rang up - long story, but means I won't touch them with a barge pole now.

So I went with the next cheapest which actually was Aviva (due to the 2 months free offer), which was within a few pounds. Don't think I'd stick with Aviva when it comes to renew next year though as once you've taken out insurance and try to make changes (I had to change it over from my old car to the vRS after a couple of weeks), you get charged an £18 admin fee if you phone up and make changes - that's after sitting on hold for ages, finally to get through to an Indian call centre where the first thing they do is put you on hold again. You can make changes online to avoid the fee, but that assumes the site is working (it was intermittent) and doesn't recognise new number plates so tells you to phone up.

Previous insurance companies I've been happy with have been Direct Line and Tesco and wouldn't hesitate going with those again if they were competitive.

really can someone actually just remind me that it is a Skoda Octavia diesel I'm trying to insure and not a Hypercar! Or I've not suddenly found a time machine and gone back 10 years?

So far:

Direct Line: £1598

Admiral: £760

Various go-compare results ranging from £760-1800

Various confused results ranging from £690-1400 (with a 600excess)

Adrianflux: £1143

Aviva: £ 909

Surely at 31 with no fault claims full NCB and limited to just 10k a year I should be gettin better than this :S

really can someone actually just remind me that it is a Skoda Octavia diesel I'm trying to insure and not a Hypercar! Or I've not suddenly found a time machine and gone back 10 years?

So far:

Direct Line: £1598

Admiral: £760

Various go-compare results ranging from £760-1800

Various confused results ranging from £690-1400 (with a 600excess)

Adrianflux: £1143

Aviva: £ 909

Surely at 31 with no fault claims full NCB and limited to just 10k a year I should be gettin better than this :S

Have you tried Pace Ward http://www.pw-f.co.uk/content/view/17/79/

Edited by Stuart_J

If it makes you feel any better aviva just gave me a price of £909!!! I've not paid that much for insurance ever!!! FFS even when I was 18 it wasn't that much!!

I just cant see how over a period of 4 month since I got insurance quotes its jumped by on average £400!!

That does make me feel a bit better after all these replies of £200-300! :'(

I've been working at the prices, Chris Knott quoted me £730, but I've now managed to get a new cheapest quote of £708 by adding my dad to the poilicy as a second named driver! Will phone Chris Knott back again tomorrow and see if they can beat that (they were v helpful last time and managed to get my previous best of £757 (£350 excess) down to £730 (£300 excess)) Don't renew until April 2nd, so have a few days left to work on it...

The funniest quote I got from the comparison sites was £11,387 :o :o :o Don't think I'll be taking that one out! :rofl:

I got my vRS about 2 years ago, if id insured it for the full 12 months it would have been £3600.

Im now driving the car in my sig which is the same engine as the vRS and its £490 a year :)

Edited by dan_the_v8man

£330 or thereabouts with Adrian Flux, garaged and 25,000 miles. Joint cover for two with no points, touch wood, outskirts of Glasgow.

Just over £300 per year for me. 33 years old. With my wife on the policy too. Insured for business. Living in Berkshire. 15k miles per year. 5 years no claims and clean license. Went with Bell (subsidiary of Admiral)