• A football
  • A tennis racket
  • A pair of boots and a rucksack
  • A soapbox and some pram wheels

No? .... thought as much ... :P :rofl:

Excellent!

• A Grifter
  • Having a laugh ain't you..no.
  • Does making a tennis court with a bobcat count' date=' becuase I was useless at tennis really?
    [*']Yup still got the blacks tent, sleeps erm lots!
  • Square Tube Steel old mans welder and some faulty sliver cross pram wheels from the shop...with shelfs to match.

Must try harder..however I did do really badly at school, I was just born to utilise the power of the computing revolution, my challenge is to bring computing tothe worlds stone wall restoration schemes. I'll do it with a series of robotic men that I'll need to supervise of course in the remote highlands for a 20 year trial...

I had a Commodore Vic 20 in 1983ish which we had for a number of years. Went funny after a power cut.

Used lots of BBC Micro and BBC master computers in primary school.

Got an Amiga 500 in 1989 and had the extra half meg of RAM (with clock!!!) put in a couple of years later.

486 DX2 66MHz in 1994 followed by a few more PCs.

Currenty use a P4 2.53GHz desktop and a Celeron 2.8GHz laptop.

I came back to the BBC in 1997 when I went to University and wrote a few maths programs for it. I still have the 5 inch floppy disks for it here.

Acorn Electron with a tape deck and leads.......loved spending about and hour loading Pacman clone into it....... Cheers dad.....

Then all went quiet until.......

Original Gameboy (bought from USA for pennies...)

Mitax 486 SX 25.....oh my, it has 32mb of Ram........a massive 425Mb HDD........ and a 14inch COLOUR MONITOR....1992......

Upgraded internals to DX4 100Mhz later........

Then, using same case and sound card etc, went for an AMD K6 166Mhz based system...

In 1999, fjust as I entered my final year degree, I splashed by entire summer pay packet on a Dell P3 450, with CD-RW and a DVD drive, Turtle Beach Sound card, TNT 32Mb graphics, 20Gb HDD and an eywatering 256Mb RAM......Win98 SE never looked so good..........

2002, I spent two months of spare salary to build my current chariot.....

Lian Li Alu case with 3 fans......

AMD AthlonXP 1600

IBM Deskstar 60GB

512 RAM

Geforce 3 Ti200

Audigy Soundcard

Slot load DVD (sprayed to match case)

24x CD-RW (sprayed to match case)

Logitech cordless mouse and keyboard.

Wharfedale 75Watt AMP

Ariston MX03 HiFi Speakers

And i've since swapped out the RAM for 1GB of 133mHz ram, so finally the CPU is running at full 1.4Ghz speed..........and bought a Samsubg 172x TFT.......

Plus

1 Toshiba Satellite Pro Laptop

1 IBM thinkpad T22 Laptop

1 Treo 600 PDA

1 Toshiba E570 PDA

1 Mini ITX Cube (for sale on here somewhere)

ZX81 (10 PRINT "Keoghan" 20 GOTO 10)

Acorn Electron

BBC Micro

BBC Master

Acorn A310

A410

A3020

A5000

finally RISC PC before Acorn went bust

Dell PII 450

Homemade Athlon 1Ghz jobbie

Homemade Athlon 64bit 2.8Ghz (current)

Never owned a games console!

Still prefer the old RISCOS from the Acorn Machines...

K

Are you lot just making all this stuff up as you go along?

How the blazes can you remember it all?

O.K. just to join in...my history to date

Got this bloody heap of metal and plastic...electric shed.. on 08/01/04. It's a...

Dell Dimension 4600, 56 or something near that monster bites memory I think but not too sure...look do you want me to get the flamin instruction manual out ya bunch o geeks :D I'm trying...VERY.. I know...14" LCD flat screen monitor which is very nice, the keyboard or typewriter as I quaintly like to call it is sort of bog standard dell stuff in a soothing dark grey, like the rest of this stuff. It can apparently record DVD's...now that would be a little challenge for me :rofl: and how!

It doesn't have a floppy disc thing, and Mrs C.J. has seen her a**e with me about that...why? I dunno...defeats me!

Takes C.D.'s instead, but it doesn't seem to play them very well. :confused:

Oh , got a couple of speakers too...when I remember to turn them on. :rolleyes:

Does all the above now qualify me as a computer techno wizz kid? :D

* Real Programmers don't wear high heeled shoes.

Oh yes they do, thank you very much.

Not programmed in Fortran for quite some time though :( I miss it in a strange computer geeky sort of way.

As to computer history, can't realy remember then all but starts with sinclair spectrum, electron etc up to present box of tricks that Stimps built for me.

I'm lame :(

My own computers:

1993 IBM PC/1 486 sx25

1996 Pentium 100

1997 Pentium II 233

1997 Sun SparcStation 10

1999 Celeron 300a

2000 Dual Celeron 400

2000 Dual P3 550

2000 Celeron 500Mhz laptop (dell latitude)

2001 Athlon 1000

2002 Athlon 2000XP (upgraded to 3200XP in 2004)

2002 Sun Ultra 1

2002 Celeron 1.2GHz laptop (IBM R31)

2003 Sun Netra T1 105 (440MHz UIIi)

2003 Apple ibook g3 900

2003 Apple G5 1.6GHz

2003 Sun Netra T1 AS200 (500MHz UIIi)

2004 Apple ibook g4 800

2004 Dual Xeon 2.4GHz

2004 P4 2.66GHz

At work I can be mostly found playing with moderately sized sun boxen :)

Intellivision

Atari 2600

zx81

spectrum48k

spectrum 128+

Commodore 64

Atari ST

Amiga A500

SNES

Playstation1

N64

playstation2

Current PC (updated loads of times)

AMD64 3400

K8vSE Deluxe

1024mb Corsiar twinx pro

ATI X800XT

400 gig SATA maxtor (2x200) Raid 0

2x Asus DVD/RW x8speed

1.jpg

3.jpg

2.jpg

pic7.jpg

pic8.jpg

:D

OK,

Dragon 32 (analogue joysticks and Donkey Kong my biggest memory of this box)

Amstrad CPC-6128 with those 3" (not 3 1/2"!) stiffy disks

Atari 286 PC (yes, they made PCs)

Gateway Pentium 75 (upgraded with an Evergreen 400MHz chip upgrade) (Still got this one!!)

Self-built Athlon 750 running Win98 SE (now Fen Jr's PC, and about to be upgraded)

Mesh AMD 2500 Barton running XP Home (as it came - no upgrades (yet!))

Going back to the BBC Model B, I remember Elite and Frak!, but my favourite was REVS, Geoff Crammond's first racing game. The graphics were quite poor, but the physics of the game were great, as he has subsequently shown with the Grand Prix series (still the best driving game out there).

Everyone on this site has 2 things in common. 1 They have an interest in Skoda cars. 2. they use a computer. Been threads in which people describe the cars they have had, so here goes one for computers. My history would be:

I have had the same computer since 1990. However it has had six new processors, three new motherboards and four cases!

My PC Started as IBM PS/1 Pro 386sx.

Then Pentium-100 with 16Mb ram and 2Gb Disk

Then I upgraded with a IDT WinChip C6 240Mhz (Risc Windows compatible cpu) and 32Mb Ram

Then Amd K6-366 on TMC M/b 32Mb Ram with 4Gb Disk

upgraded to Amd K62-500 and retired with 256 Mb Ram and 20Gb drive.

Built new system on a P4 m/b with Intel P4-2.8Ghz with 40Gb and 256Mb ram.

Cut my teeth on Sinclair Spectrum 48K. Decided to swap for BBC B due to Elite and the wish for a decent keyboard. Does anyone remember Wordwise +.

I have had the same computer since 1990. However it has had six new processors' date=' three new motherboards and four cases![/i']

My PC Started as IBM PS/1 Pro 386sx.

Then Pentium-100 with 16Mb ram and 2Gb Disk

Then I upgraded with a IDT WinChip C6 240Mhz (Risc Windows compatible cpu) and 32Mb Ram

Then Amd K6-366 on TMC M/b 32Mb Ram with 4Gb Disk

upgraded to Amd K62-500 and retired with 256 Mb Ram and 20Gb drive.

Built new system on a P4 m/b with Intel P4-2.8Ghz with 40Gb and 256Mb ram.

Cut my teeth on Sinclair Spectrum 48K. Decided to swap for BBC B due to Elite and the wish for a decent keyboard. Does anyone remember Wordwise +.

I remember Wordwise +, used it in school on a mix of BBC Bs and BBC Master computers. Always thought that it was very un user friendly. That was the reason I went from a Spectrum, which lets face it was only good for games, to an Amstrad PCW. For its day its word processor was very advanced and powerful, being easily better than programmes then available for the remenants of the first generation of micro computers uch as the Acorn systems or even IBM style DOS machines. It was only experience of Word for Mac that in the end got me to switch to a Windoes based PC (could not afford a Mac).

I remember Wordwise +, used it in school on a mix of BBC Bs and BBC Master computers. Always thought that it was very un user friendly. That was the reason I went from a Spectrum, which lets face it was only good for games, to an Amstrad PCW.
I remember getting into Logo on my PCW, as well as dabbling in Mallard Basic too. Quite a versatile machine. I also spent my pocket money on a Desktop Publishing program for it which was very powerful and let you use different fonts and sizes as well as graphics/clipart on the same page! Lucky we went for the 9-pin dot matrix printer rather than the daisy wheel one so could print the fruits of our labour! :D

Chris

I remember getting into Logo on my PCW' date=' as well as dabbling in Mallard Basic too. Quite a versatile machine. I also spent my pocket money on a Desktop Publishing program for it which was very powerful and let you use different fonts and sizes as well as graphics/clipart on the same page! Lucky we went for the 9-pin dot matrix printer rather than the daisy wheel one so could print the fruits of our labour! :D

Chris[/quote']

At the time I bought the Amstrad PCW (

Where are they and how much do you want for them?

In Surrey................got 2 working 800 XL, a couple of tape drives, on working, disk drive, loads of disks with games on and loads of tape games. couple of joysticks and 4 or 5 cartridges

Looking for