Forecast delivery dates vs. actual from recent orders

For the record, I have a Steel Grey car with KESSY. I'm struggling to understand why certain colours would be a problem.

Your colour and black, white are Ok. They accept order for Superb with Kessy in these three colours. At least this was told me. They explained that the material of the door handle causes the problem. I do not understan either. Today when there super paints and technology.

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Elegance 1.8 Tsi DSG + some xtras/ Straight purchase/ Ordered 26th July 2010 (Delivery estimated November 30th 2010)

Brochure states "Hill Hold Control standard equipment". Reading this Forum there seems to be some confusion with this feature!

We ordered our new Superb estate in the first week of august and after initial and adament statements from our dealer that the delivery time will be 2 months at most, he has taken a u-turn. Now my dealer tells me that lead time indeed will be about 5-6 months for our car (Superb estate amethyst 1.6 cr panoramic sunroof). One of the reasons is that Skoda are moving part of their production to another factory to meet supply - demands and that this factory (that will produce the "greener enigines, like 1.6 cr ) does not even start up production earlier than the beginning of september! Well... that means you will get punished for going for greener driving with an 1.6 engine! Bet they prioratise all those 170 BHP and V6 engines :rofl:

Oh well, at least that means we will be driving the Superb limo a little bit longer ;)

Edited by Doc Watchtower

Got my build week today; week beginning 18 October. The order was placed with dealer on 23 June. By my calculation that is 18 week lead time to build and 21 weeks to the dealer. The DVLA will add another 2 weeks to that to perform the cherished transfer of the daft personalised company plates that we are forced to have. :( So with luck I should have my new car by sometime week beginning 15 November. :)

Best regards

David

emoticon-0104-surprised.gif 2 weeks emoticon-0104-surprised.gif i have a personalised plate on my current car, and am having it transferred to my new Octy when it arrives, I was told it should only take a few days.

One of my work colleagues has a personalised plate as well & the 3 cars he has had since i have known him the longest time taken was 5 days & that was because there was a weekend included. Sounds like the dealer either has a lot of cars to do is slow, or doesnt like the work involved.

SEANC - isnt this an expensive way to do this ? If you do this yourself its £110 to put on retention, then you have to pass V5 to dealer to get it registered, to do it via dealer immediately is only costing me £80, & I just hand current car over a few days before delivery, If i want a loan car in between time, my local dealer could arrange for me , but fortunately i can use SWMBO's car if needed.

Edited by lfc958

You can transfer the plates in a single day. All you need to do is to visit your local DVLA office with all the paperwork and they do it on the spot for you. It still costs £80, but as I found when i did mine a couple of yeasr back it is best to arrive at the offices early and take some refreshments, lunch and a good book to read. I stupidly arrived at 10:30am to the Northampton office and eventually got seen at 4:30pm and within 15 minutes I had all the information needed to put new plates on the car.

All the times before and since I've negotiated the number plate transfer in with the car price.

Sounds like the dealer [....] doesnt like the work involved.

I suspect this is part of the problem, they weren't exactly enthusiastic when they were asked to do the transfer on my colleagues Octavia vRS. However I suspect the relative efficiency of the local DVLA office has a part to play as well.

Best regards

David

Edited by cookdn

You can transfer the plates in a single day. All you need to do is to visit your local DVLA office with all the paperwork and they do it on the spot for you. It still costs £80, but as I found when i did mine a couple of yeasr back it is best to arrive at the offices early and take some refreshments, lunch and a good book to read. I stupidly arrived at 10:30am to the Northampton office and eventually got seen at 4:30pm and within 15 minutes I had all the information needed to put new plates on the car.

Unfortunately this is a company vehicle so time = money. That said I know somebody that did the same as yourself and must have got lucky as they had no wait and 15 minutes later they were out again.

All the times before and since I've negotiated the number plate transfer in with the car price.

That is the case here. I'll just make sure the documents get to the dealer at the earliest opportunity. I'm sure they will be as keen to get the car delivered as I am as they will want their money.

Personally (no pun intended) I think vanity plates are a bit daft, and the idiots that have the letters all improperly spaced so there is no way to tell what the real registration is should have their cars impounded and crushed. :) I knew a person that insisted on a vanity plate with daft lettering - beacause it was cool - and was stopped and forced to have three compulsory MoT tests in 12 months. The Germans have the right idea, no personalised registrations and standardised plates. ;)

Best regards

David

The only reason I have personalised plates are because they were presented to me as a leaving present when I left the Life Boat service when I started university. Bit a treck from London to Teeside to be on call, you'd have drowned by the time I got to save you :rofl:

My plates do have their advantages, with a 999 plate on a big car and lights a blazing while travelling at speed, for some reason people soon get out of the way B)

I've had a fire crew in Coventry roll down their window and ask me to follow them to a call :giggle: Mistaken identity as their fire chief had a number plate with only the last character different. :D

SEANC - isnt this an expensive way to do this ? If you do this yourself its £110 to put on retention, then you have to pass V5 to dealer to get it registered, to do it via dealer immediately is only costing me £80, & I just hand current car over a few days before delivery, If i want a loan car in between time, my local dealer could arrange for me , but fortunately i can use SWMBO's car if needed.

Fair point if saving money is everything, but for me the cost was far outweighed by the value of my time, by the continued use of my old car, and by getting the plate onto the new car from the outset without having to come back a couple of weeks later. I asked the dealer to sort it all rather than expending my time and stress on the DVLA.

We ordered our new Superb estate in the first week of august and after initial and adament statements from our dealer that the delivery time will be 2 months at most, he has taken a u-turn. Now my dealer tells me that lead time indeed will be about 5-6 months for our car (Superb estate amethyst 1.6 cr panoramic sunroof). One of the reasons is that Skoda are moving part of their production to another factory to meet supply - demands and that this factory (that will produce the "greener enigines, like 1.6 cr ) does not even start up production earlier than the beginning of september! Well... that means you will get punished for going for greener driving with an 1.6 engine! Bet they prioratise all those 170 BHP and V6 engines :rofl:

Oh well, at least that means we will be driving the Superb limo a little bit longer ;)

Sounds like your dealer was just looking to get the order off you by quoting you a two month delivery time. When I enquired about a 140 CR Combi with a Swedish dealer in the last week in July I was given a delivery time of Mid-November which would appear to tie in with average delivery times of between 16 - 20 weeks being quoted here right across Europe. I haven't come across anyone saying they got delivery in anything approaching 8-9 weeks and there doesn't appear to be any way that orders can be fast tracked.

I can't find the post now but I'm pretty sure that someone else posted details of the other factory saying that the move would not be complete until early 2011.

Anyway the lead times have got the better of me as I was without a car and needed one pretty soon, allowing for my delay in placing the order I doubt I would have the Superb before the New Year. The few diesels I could find in dealer stock here in Sweden were loaded with extras I didn't want pushing the price up, I came close to buying an ex-demo 1.8TSI petrol model but in the end I bought a second hand VW Passat Combi and will probably trade that against a Superb in 12 months time.

My wife's Superb V6 wagon with sunroof and electric tailgate +++ has now arrived in Australia - ordered March this year, built week 22, now on land in Melbourne, and expected here in Adelaide for delivery in early Sept at the latest. A long wait, but I am sure it will be worthwhile. I expect a debate with my brother in law - a "brand" man - about the merits of my decision to go Skoda!! So far (although it is hard to get real data), I don't think that the Superb has sold very well here in Australia. I suspect that the wagon is doing better than the hatch. Many reasons for this I am sure, but us Aussies tend to buy the locally made GM ("Holden") and Ford ("Falcon") rear wheel drive products (or cheap Jap and Korean stuff). We even have a so-called "V8 Supercar" series here that involves these two GM/Ford models.

I know that I could end up with a legacy lemon, but I couldn't do worse than the Citroen C5 (current model) that I own - a plethora of electronic gremlins have now cured my life long love affair with French cars. The C5 is a dream to drive but is too dodgy to take on country roads as you never know when the next electronic failure will happen. The c5 stays because I can't afford to dump it for at least 2 years.

Sounds like your dealer was just looking to get the order off you by quoting you a two month delivery time.

I wasn`t too worried about being duped into a sale as I was painfully aware of all the extended lead/delivery times accross Europe before we asked the dealer to make a final "offer we could not refuse "even when our dealer kept "having the faith" that two months was possible and realistic. Maybe we, in a way, duped him because we where very good informed and he therefore ended up with giving us an offer for our trade in car (feb 2010 modell) that we now will be driving in for another 6 months. for the same price, barring damage etc. But it is important as you underline in your post, for the general buyer, "Caveat emptor," buyer beware, that lead times, when ordering now, can actually result in you ending up with the 2012 modell, sometime next spring :o

As promised here is an update to my reply from the 23 June.

Just received an Email from our dealer saying that our car was manufactured on the 11 August (week 32), in other words exactly a week ago. emoticon-0144-nod.gif

The original planned manufacturing week was week 33, this week. For those that have not read my earlier replies we ordered our car the 28 May (week 21)

Our car is now on its way to Sweden and the dealer expects to receive it some time during weeks 35-36 (30/8-10/9). They will then need a couple of days to prepare our car for delivery before we can drive it out of the showroom.

So, although we haven´t received a definite delivery date as yet things are looking bright (even after such a long wait). emoticon-0100-smile.gif

It may even be possible for the dealer to deliver our car before the middle of September which was the original planned delivery date. We have been promised an exact delivery date within the next one to two weeks. Let´s see what happens!

I ordered a:

Superb Combi 170 CR DSG Elegance

With:

Candy White

Black/Black leather interior

Webasto Heater

Trifid 17"

Electric boot

Businesspackage including Columbus touchscreen, tinted windows, park assist etc.

KESSY

MDI

Some kind of luggage net

Extra Isofix

Sun curtains

Sound System

Order date was June 17. Expected production week was 36, delivery 41. Today I got notice from the dealer that it is 1 week late in production...

Keeping my hopes up, but I don't expect too much... Im happy if it arrives before christmas! ;)

I did not choose the sun roof only because the dealer claimed it would put an additional 2 months extra on delivery time... Cant wait that long!!! ;)

Edited by Vidio

Ordered today:

Superb Estate CR170 DSG

No extras as it's a lease car - Amethyst, Onyx and chose the Luna alloys purely for ease of cleaning.

I'll advise predicted delivery date as soon as I have it ;)

CR170 4x4 Estate Elegance pretty much standard - couple of extras.

Ordered 23rd April, quoted 20/24 weeks. Take deilvery 1st Sept - 19 weeks.

My V6 wagon was delivered to me 2 hours ago - ordered in late March 10 - the wait was worth it, fantastic, lovely finish, and then......not more than 5 minutes after driving off, it poured with rain (here in Adelaide, Australia - a bit of a rarity) so I delivered the car to my wife all covered rain drops and road grime!! Never mind. I can confirm that as a MY2011 vehicle, there is NO umbrella hole in any of the doors - bit of a shame, but I am absolutely thrilled anyway. The dealer told me that the Adelaide Skoda outfit has sold quite a few Superb wagons - in fact far more than would be expected for our tiny city. Also of interest is that quite a few VW Golf GTI owners who bought their cars when they were childless have moved on to Octavia RS wagons as the kids have emerged...interesting. I will post some Aussie pics when we get a clear day. The Oz V6 wagons are fitted with Continental tyres as they are considered to be the best for dealing with road noise on our very coarse chip bitumen town and country roads. ON the drive home I noticed quite a few motorists craning their necks to see what I was driving - clearly an elegant vehicle, and the V6 (mine is black) with four tail pipes looks good

woops - found umbrella slot but no brolly

Edited by gwundu

My V6 wagon was delivered to me 2 hours ago - ordered in late March 10 - the wait was worth it, fantastic, lovely finish, and then......not more than 5 minutes after driving off, it poured with rain (here in Adelaide, Australia - a bit of a rarity) so I delivered the car to my wife all covered rain drops and road grime!! Never mind. I can confirm that as a MY2011 vehicle, there is NO umbrella hole in any of the doors - bit of a shame, but I am absolutely thrilled anyway. The dealer told me that the Adelaide Skoda outfit has sold quite a few Superb wagons - in fact far more than would be expected for our tiny city. Also of interest is that quite a few VW Golf GTI owners who bought their cars when they were childless have moved on to Octavia RS wagons as the kids have emerged...interesting. I will post some Aussie pics when we get a clear day. The Oz V6 wagons are fitted with Continental tyres as they are considered to be the best for dealing with road noise on our very coarse chip bitumen town and country roads. ON the drive home I noticed quite a few motorists craning their necks to see what I was driving - clearly an elegant vehicle, and the V6 (mine is black) with four tail pipes looks good

I thought it was just the umbrella was missing. So the hole is missing :thumbdown:

Oh well....

I thought it was just the umbrella was missing. So the hole is missing :thumbdown:

Oh well....

I'm not surprised as I believe it wasn't just a hole, the ventailation system was diverted into the door to dry the umbrella if it got wet during use. There were some reports by people on here that received cars with an umbrella-less hole but I guess that was the last of the superseded parts working their way out of the supply chain.

Best regards

David

Ordered today:

Superb Estate CR170 DSG

No extras as it's a lease car - Amethyst, Onyx and chose the Luna alloys purely for ease of cleaning.

I'll advise predicted delivery date as soon as I have it ;)

Well, not just as happy as I was but I'm still looking forward to taking delivery. . . .

The spec I wanted wasn't going to be available until January 2011 and with my current Skoda going back at the end of October I couldn't cope with the gap!

An existing car in Storm Blue with the normal alloys is now on order (or was on order and is now allocated to me) and I should get it at the end of October - no idea when the dealer ordered this so I'm not of much help! :p

A quick update

We received news from our dealer this afternoon that our car should be at their showroom next week. emoticon-0110-tongueout.gif

If delivery is made at the end of next week that would make a total wait time from order of 14 weeks

and an improvement over the forecast delivery date with 2 weeks.

I guess it is now T-minus and counting...

As a follow up to the slow delivery thread - and in advance of joining the Mk2 register thread - I wonder if it is worth putting in new Superb order dates and 'expected' delivery. New owners can then update the thread with their actual delivery date. Think this thread can apply equally to saloon or estate orders.

I'll start....

Skoda Superb Estate 170CR manual Elegance (with a few options added).

Order placed 1st March (via Lex-Company Lease). Estimated delivery 17th May.

Will try to get a better delivery update in late April.

Ordered Superb Elegance 4x4 Estate with a few extras on August 18th. Given BW41. Now brought forward to BW40. The w/c 4th. October. emoticon-0102-bigsmile.gif

Just spoken to the dealer about my order placed on Saturday 5th June;

Skoda Elegance 140 CR 2 litre Estate

Metalic Storm Blue

Rear Curtain Airbags

Full Size Spare

Cream Leather

The dealer fit extras are;

Floor Mats

Mud Flaps (front & rear)

Dog/Load Guard

Tow bar with twin electrics (apparently the factory fitted prep kit is incompatible with UK spec towbars plus more expensive)

Just been given build week 43 (w/c 25th October) with an expected delivery date of mid-November (approxiamtly 6 months). The dealer told me that the Superb and Yeti currently have the longest lead times.

While visiting my Dad today to do some paint repairs to his Fabia 2's bumper (£20 of Skoda paint later you'd hardly know someone hit the bumper in the supermarket car park and saves 2 no-claims bonuses!!) he told me that while at the delership the build week for my car was now week 41 but with travel across Europe of a couple weeks and to fit the dealer accessories requested, still looking at Mid-November hand-over.