Forecast delivery dates vs. actual from recent orders

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I ordered on the 27th April.

Just got an estimate of 17th August!!! OUCH

Same here! I ordered 15th April and the production week was supposed to be wk 20. Now the production has been postponed to August without any good explanations. Does anybody know if there has been any issues in Superb production? Maybe in new model ramp-up has been more difficult than expected or something?

Same here! I ordered 15th April and the production week was supposed to be wk 20. Now the production has been postponed to August without any good explanations. Does anybody know if there has been any issues in Superb production? Maybe in new model ramp-up has been more difficult than expected or something?

I believe the factory is closing for a few weeks holidays as well

Factory closing down for 3 weeks in July according to my Skoda dealer...

from week 26 on (my build week)

a lot of week 26 - 29 orders have been pushed into never never land

from week 26 on (my build week)

a lot of week 26 - 29 orders have been pushed into never never land

Ok, thats very understandable in a way. However it does not explain why my production week 20 (late May) is postponed to August. I would understand if there is clear problems in ramp down - ramp up activities like there usually is something in production environment. The summer holidays must be taken in account before publishing a new 2011 model start week.

V6 4WD wagon with sunroof ordered last week of March (in Oz). Dealer advised me this week that car has been manufactured (week 22) and that I can expect delivery downunder in 12-14 weeks. This is obviously because of the long shipping distance. Thus, my car ordered late March 2010 will be delivered in early September - what a drag!

Tried to change the chosen colour of my car last week but was told it has a build date of this week, so too late. No problem, I like blue, but the delivery date from the dealer is still six weeks away, some time late June.

How long does it take to get from the factory to the UK? This seems like an awfully long trip!

Told my car is in the UK and will be with the dealer next week, 11 weeks from order to delivery against an initial estimate of 12 - 14.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi again,

this is just to update my order status. I visited yesterday my dealer and asked the manufacturing date again. In their database it was said that the planned manufacturing week is still week 20 (in the past) and in confirmed manufacturing week there were put only "FF*". Does anyone know for sure what does this FF* mean? Order forwarded far future?

Anyhow it was also said that there is a big problems to deliver the gear boxes at the moment and my car there should be this dry DSG 7 box. Has anyone else faced the same problem with DSG7 recently or am I the onlyone who's manufacturing week cannot be confirmed?

Told my car is in the UK and will be with the dealer next week, 11 weeks from order to delivery against an initial estimate of 12 - 14.

Collected my car last week, just under 11 weeks from order and everything I'd hoped it would be!

Now for an update to my initial introduction from a couple of weeks ago ("Hi from Sweden").

As I mentioned on that thread I ordered our car the 28 May and was given a preliminary delivery date the middle of September with a very small chance of delivery the middle of August. Last Friday I received an E-mail from the dealer saying that he had now been given a planned manufacturing week, 16-20 August. With 3 to 4 weeks delivery after that I guess the original delivery time still stands. emoticon-0101-sadsmile.gif

Visited the showroom the following day (took my father-in-law to show off the Superb Combi - by the way he was impressed and took a lot of pictures of a V6 4x4 Superb Combi that was parked out in the sun) and was told that the factory would only be closed for 2 weeks instead of the original 3 due to the large number of orders that have been placed and the pressure being laid on from the dealers. He also mentioned that the Superb line was not going to be closed at all - wouldn´t you love to have a spy on the inside? Let´s hope that for us waiting for delivery in September that this should help speed things up although for me he added that the DSG box was a problem as the factory was having difficulty with supplies. emoticon-0106-crying.gif

Hope this information was helpful.

Oh, what did I order? (if you haven´t read my introduction here it is again) emoticon-0100-smile.gif

Skoda Superb Combi 2011 Elegance TSI DSG 7-automatic; and apart from everything that comes standard for Sweden, the following:

Colour: Amethyst Purple metallic with Alcantara leather seats (black/black on the inside)

Business package including 4 spoke steering wheel (multi function), Bluetooth hands free, parking assist, sunset tinted rear windows and Bolero radio system

Trifid 17†alloy wheels

Removable Tow bar

Electrically controlled rear door

KESSY system

Webasto heating system

I've been given a date of early sept for my estate as well (ordered at the end of March!!). I've had the same story from the dealer about a 2 week closure as well, so its probably right.

I've been told that there are delays due to the estate being more popular than anticipated & also delays on the 140CR engine which I've ordered.

I too was told theres a small chance it may come through by the middle of August, but not guaranteed. The sooner the better for me, I can't wait to get it.

• 3 weeks later...

Ordered 18th May - due to be built Week 34 (23rd Aug) to dealer mid Sept. So that would mean 16/17 weeks from order. That seems a lot to me!!

Still as long as it is September I will be happy.

I ordered a Steel Grey 140CR dsg twindoor on 25th May with many extras inc sunroof & heated screen and have been given build week 31, which is early August apparently. I expect to take delivery early September.(I haven't ordered the solar sunroof as I had one on my Mk1 and the guy next door lit a garden fire on a hot day, consequently the fan pulled in the smoke and despite thorough cleaning the entire car was smelling of smoke for many weeks)

Looking forward to September!

Did the deal in February/March, delayed the formal order to late March to wait for KESSY to be listed, took delivery 9 July. Lucky to get the panoramic roof before it was de-listed.

Guest gloves are off

I ordered a Steel Grey 140CR dsg twindoor on 25th May with many extras inc sunroof & heated screen and have been given build week 31, which is early August apparently. I expect to take delivery early September.(I haven't ordered the solar sunroof as I had one on my Mk1 and the guy next door lit a garden fire on a hot day, consequently the fan pulled in the smoke and despite thorough cleaning the entire car was smelling of smoke for many weeks)

Looking forward to September!

How did you obtain build week info? My dealer says it takes ages to get one. Although I ordered the car 3 weeks ago, they still can't tell me anything.

How did you obtain build week info? My dealer says it takes ages to get one. Although I ordered the car 3 weeks ago, they still can't tell me anything.

My dealer said it takes seven days, and I had my date of Week 33 (WB 16th August) given to me after about 10 or so days.

I ordered mine 19th June, 1.8TSi SE in Black Magic

I think the dealer told me the build week about 3 weeks after I placed the order.

I'm told there is a three week holiday period at the factory about now so this is obviously factored into the lead times. Let's hope everyone gets back from holiday fully refreshed and ready to build perfect cars for us!

I enquired with my dealer on Monday about a build date for the car that was ordered on my behalf three weeks ago. I was told that factory is now on shut-down so there won't be any more build dates issued until the factory re-opens; no date given for that unfortunately.

Best regards

David

placed my order on Saturday 5th June, still no build date. This is being looked into as apparently some of the UK codes in Skodas system don't match the factory.

So soemhwre there is a miss-match in one of the following

Skoda Elegance 140 CR 2 litre Estate

Metalic Storm Blue

Rear Curtain Airbags

Full Size Spare

Cream Leather

The dealer fit extras are;

Floor Mats

Mud Flaps (front 7 rear)

Dog/Load Guard

Tow bar with twin electrics (apparently the factory fitted prep kit is incompatible with UK spec towbars plus more expensive)

Anyone else come across this?

It usually takes the factory 7-14 days to allocate a build week, but they are on holiday until 26th June. So I imagine you'll hear something after that.

Yesterday I got my production week: 39 (end of September)

Order placed week 20 (mid May) :(

The car is a Superb 4x4 TDI with a lot of extras

/Mike