Forecast delivery dates vs. actual from recent orders

As a follow up to the slow delivery thread - and in advance of joining the Mk2 register thread - I wonder if it is worth putting in new Superb order dates and 'expected' delivery. New owners can then update the thread with their actual delivery date. Think this thread can apply equally to saloon or estate orders.

I'll start....

Skoda Superb Estate 170CR manual Elegance (with a few options added).

Order placed 1st March (via Lex-Company Lease). Estimated delivery 17th May.

Will try to get a better delivery update in late April.

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Stitchie, Almost snap here

Skoda Superb Estate 140CR manual SE (with a few options added).

Order placed 25th Feb (via Lex-Company Lease). Estimated delivery (to dealer) 14th May.

Skoda Superb 3.6 V6 4x4 DSG Elegance (with every option except the sunroof)

Order placed 17th Feb. Estimated delivery to dealer 9th May.

Update from dealer on 12th March - Estimated delivery to dealer 24th May

Skoda Superb Estate 3.6, Black on Black ( Yes,I know, A hearse :rofl: ) with most options! Ordered 18/3/10 with delivery early July. Ordered through James at Allams and dealt with very politely and efficiently.

Apologies for the intial confusion - not used a forum for a while.

Does anyone have any bad experieces with broadspeed? I got a quote, which I accepted for a Superb Estate 170 DSG SE with metallic paint, 4 spoke wheel/bluetooth mats etc 2 weeks ago. We paid our deposit (albeit 4 days after confirming order cos no-one call us) and since then despite emails and phone calls we have heard nothing about eta for delivery or the dealer who will be supplying the vehicle. General searches do not dig up anything negative about this broker, but their lack of communication is beginning to worry me. Any advice/comment?

• 4 weeks later...

Skoda Superb Estate 170CR manual Elegance (with a few options added).

Order placed 1st March (via Lex-Company Lease). Estimated delivery 17th May.

Will try to get a better delivery update in late April.

Just checked yesterday, still estimated delivery of May 17th.

Ordered end of March. No delivery date yet. Dealer told me that they have a huge amount of orders and all orders since end of march are planned for model year (do you call it here also?) 2011. New production week for me in two weeks or so. :o

Ordered estate 4x4 TDi last week, told at the time very likely end of July delivery - dealer rang today saying panoramic roof option will delay it to mid September at the earliest - that's about 5 months. :( 3 months wait was going to be tough enough but 5 months?

Ordered estate 4x4 TDi last week, told at the time very likely end of July delivery - dealer rang today saying panoramic roof option will delay it to mid September at the earliest - that's about 5 months. :( 3 months wait was going to be tough enough but 5 months?

Bugger - I was hoping to order an estate with panoramic roof.. that is a long wait!

Superb hatch cr170 elegance with a couple of options ordered through company scheme second week March, delivery date given 28 May - 11 weeks - sound right ? By the way I think it's a bit cheap asking for extra for auto-dimming rear view mirror when according to Skoda dealer it's standard on some Octavias.

Superb hatch cr170 elegance with a couple of options ordered through company scheme second week March, delivery date given 28 May - 11 weeks - sound right ? By the way I think it's a bit cheap asking for extra for auto-dimming rear view mirror when according to Skoda dealer it's standard on some Octavias.

I think thats rediculous considering the dimming mirror is standard here in ireland on the ambition (SE) and elegance

Ordered end March and checked today - still quoting end May and that is with Panoramic roof. It is the petrol - wonder if that helps?

Agree that auto dimming mirror should be standard, but £55 not too bad!

I ordered my replacement Superb Elegance Combi in Storm blue 2Ltr 170 Diesel DSG Paddles and a number of extras at the end of February. It was delivered to the Dealer on Friday 23rd of April. This is around the Delivery date expected as I was quoted 8 to 10 weeks. My current Superb is 18 months old and has completed 35000 milesof trouble free driving pleasure. The trade in offer was too good to refuse :)

Have just been told that it is available from May 12th - will be delivered to me on 13th - can't wait! :)

Grrr, Now I'm starting to get upset. I ordered mine about the same time as yours & given a similar delivery date. As the lease was changing from a 3yr to 4yr I had a bit more money to play with, so I checked with the dealer that adding a couple of options (Columbus & BT) wouldnt change the date & he said no. New/replacement order submitted around the 18th Mar new delivery date - early August!!! Aparently once the order is in, even thought the car hasn't gone to build, you cant change it, you need to cance & re-order. If I knew that I wouldn't have changed the order and I'd be as excited as I'm sure you are now. I need to wait until next week before I get any idea of a date when it'll be ready.

Enjoy it when it comes :)

Hi guys, I am new to the forum but have been lurking for a few weeks whilst I decided on whether to order a new Superb estate or not...

Anyhow, duly ordered a 170 Elegance DSG with some extras, but yesterday (10 days on!) I received a phone call telling me that I can't place an order for a car with a panoramic roof. Reason given was that Skoda can't guarantee a production slot, so I either remove the roof from the order, or I cancel. I have said to the broker that I would be willing to wait (car only needed by October to accommodate growing family) but no date could be given.

I am not particularly keen to cancel, but the panoramic roof was quite a selling point of the car for me, I'm afraid. As I had kind of set my on the car with the roof, I'm a little disappointed, but the price is really keen and I'm not sure I can repeat the deal elsewhere if I pull out.

Just wondering if anyone else was having similar experiences, or whether I am having the wool pulled over my eyes?

Thoughts appreciated....

Just wondering if anyone else was having similar experiences, or whether I am having the wool pulled over my eyes?

Well, there are definitely long delays on production slots for vehicles with panoramic sunroofs! I hadn't realised they were no longer taking orders though!

Panoramic roof looks fantastic and I imagine quite a lot of orders have been placed. On the down side I have read in some car magazine about the soaring cost of replacing glass in cars due to heated screens etc. this could cause insurance premiums to rise on certain vehicles. Rest assured that insurers wont be too slow in loading cars with panoramic roofs etc due to the increased cost of repair and the high probability of damage in an accident. I would place the order without the roof if I were you and just enjoy the car as it is .

Received a provisonal delivery date for my Superb Elegance 140CR, July 5, order placed on 8 Apr with estimated wait of 12 - 15 weeks so pretty much spot on, if it's on time!

Ordered a V6 Superb Estate on 18 March and actually had a gander at it today at the dealers. Should get it next Tuesday. That makes it just under 9 weeks!7.gif Hope they haven't left anything behind! :no:

Received a provisonal delivery date for my Superb Elegance 140CR, July 5, order placed on 8 Apr with estimated wait of 12 - 15 weeks so pretty much spot on, if it's on time!

Tried to change the chosen colour of my car last week but was told it has a build date of this week, so too late. No problem, I like blue, but the delivery date from the dealer is still six weeks away, some time late June.

How long does it take to get from the factory to the UK? This seems like an awfully long trip!

• 2 weeks later...

Dealer said today that current lead times are ~14 weeks.

How long does it take to get from the factory to the UK? This seems like an awfully long trip!

It's normally ~3 weeks from the date it's built to the date you take possession.