Anyone seen any mad number plates?

EddGee

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Quite a few spots from recent days.

REE50N on a Mercedes

M4L SU (Mal Su) on a Bentley - reminded me when people had their names on the windscreen!

B2ADY (Brady) on another Mercedes

E 1UCY on a Discovery - from Yorkshire?

R 60OSE on an M3

G1BBO on a Civic

R32 1 FAT on a Golf of course

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, gadgetman said:

WH0A MR O

How the heck did they get to that?!

Just trying to work out what it was, when the registration was legal....

1 hour ago, Wardy said:

Ah right. 

I still care, but probably in the minority. Just think it makes the driver look like a right t*t.....

I don't care for mis-placed number plates  either and I had a conversation with a policeman about it many moons ago, it was a police drop in centre in the local supermarket car park. There anwser was quite interesting.  Most police officers will turn a blind eye, rightly or wrongly, about mis placed reg plates. They can sometimes make it easier to find a car due the plate saying something it isn't supposed to due to mis placed letters and numbers, black/yellow/white bolts etc

Edited by Auric Goldfinger

• 2 weeks later...

Yellow (New) Beetle in south Dublin city (near Ranelagh) last Thursday(6th July) BUG I MAC .  So, BU61MAC.  The 6 was a definite G.  Didn't get to see front of car to check if the headlights were made to look more Bug-eye than usual !

Bootlid and roof was black, so seemed that owner was making it more of a bee than a bug.

Edited by Dithane

9 hours ago, Jim H said:

Not a mad plate, but is this legal? I thought it had to be a certain font.

The only legal font is the Charles Wright font (see http://www.k-type.com/who-was-charles-wright/)

On the basis of wrong font, no BS marking, no identifier of manufacturer and supplier then it's illegal, would be subject to a fine and shouldn't pass an MOT

Apart from that, it's fine...

Looks hideous, and as said - illegal.

Saw on the M6 today - OP11MUM - with two black screws at the top of the first '1' to spell OPTIMUM, with minimal spacing between the groups. 

It was on a Citroen C5 estate which is as far removed from optimum as I can think of, and only serves to make the driver look like an idiot.