• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

56 plate petrol vrs

Both mirror glasses replaced due to heating element failure

Fuel pressure sensor

* fuel pressure regulator

* in tank fuel pump

* fuel filter

* Only replaced due to the dealer not diagnosing the faulty fuel pressure sensor dispite me giving them information on Golf GTI's with the same issue!

59 plate Estate TDi 2.0 PD

5000 miles to date.

1. External door protection strip (drivers door) - glue failure [4 weeks ago]

2. External door protection strip (passenger door) - glue failure [this week]

This is interesting. My MFSW buttons, paddles and cruise control packed up before I'd even done 750 miles in my new car. Took it to the dealers whose computer couldn't find the problem. They're going to change the "convenience ECU", or some such,which means leaving the car with the dealers (who didn't supply the car). That means I'll have to hire a car off them.

Will Skoda UK pay for that do you think?

dill

• 1 month later...

2004 Octavia Ambiente 1.9 TDI PD owned for 3 years from new: None - the best car that I've ever had (in 35 years driving)

2007 Octavia Elegance 1.9 TDI PD owned for 3 years from new; 'dead' electrics (faulty fuse installation), new lid for storage tray in dash (chrrome peeling), bump stop on rear suspension (missing), 4 wheel alignment (I had to pay for this one - rear tyres champhered), new rear wiper motor.

2009 Octavia Elegance 1.9 TDI PD bought S/Hand 7.5K 1 year old owned 2 weeks!; going back today for headlamp wash inoperative and rear parking sensors not working correctly.

Are Skodas getting less reliable?

2007 / 56 2.0 T-FSI vRS Estate:

1 Clean throttle control module (orig warranty)

2 Replace accelerator pedal (orig warranty)

3 Replace front ARB (orig warranty)

4 Replace rear door speaker (orig warranty)

5 Replace rear delaminating screen (orig warranty)

6 Replace front lower control arm bushes (skoda extended warranty)

All completed with no issues whatsoever. I am a fussy b*gger and I make sure I claim for everything. Hoping that the Teves ABS/ESP will fail soon so that I can get that done whilst the extended warranty is still valid !!!

2009 Octavia Elegance 2.0 PD TDI Estate DSG

1. External door protector (drivers side) - fell off - 1500 miles

2. External door protector (passenger side) - fell off - 3000 miles

3. Handbrake not relasing freely due to defective trim - 5000 miles

No arguments from Skoda about any of these claims

Edited by Minimoke

New turbo + intercooler + EGR valve + intake piping

New DMF + clutch

New rear suspension arm

New indicator and wiper stalks

New tandem pump

New injector seals

New EGR supply pipe

All of the above under warranty

New cylinder head

Ended up costing me £868 after a long fight with Skoda, should have been over £2000

2004 Octavia Ambiente 1.9 TDI PD owned for 3 years from new: None - the best car that I've ever had (in 35 years driving)

2007 Octavia Elegance 1.9 TDI PD owned for 3 years from new; 'dead' electrics (faulty fuse installation), new lid for storage tray in dash (chrrome peeling), bump stop on rear suspension (missing), 4 wheel alignment (I had to pay for this one - rear tyres champhered), new rear wiper motor.

2009 Octavia Elegance 1.9 TDI PD bought S/Hand 7.5K 1 year old owned 2 weeks!; going back today for headlamp wash inoperative and rear parking sensors not working correctly.

Are Skodas getting less reliable?

Update 20/09/2010: Headlamp washers now OK - dealer said that the problem was a blown fuse, Rear parking sensors worked when I picked the car up (on Friday) - dealer said that the problem was loose connections - however, the display in the centre console did not switch to the "rear parking display" when I selected reverse after a 25 mile drive in the rain on Saturday morning. The 'bleepers' worked and the radio volume dropped but the display didn't change. This morning all (including the display) appeared to be working again - has anyone had a similar fault?

Regards

The 'bleepers' worked and the radio volume dropped but the display didn't change. This morning all (including the display) appeared to be working again - has anyone had a similar fault?

Regards

Sept 2009 Octavia RS TDI Wagon.

Yes, very occassionally the display has not shown even though the radio volume drops and beeping sounds OK. Hard to have rectified when it only happens once a month!

Only warranty claim so far has been one 18' alloy, which had no clear coating. It was rough to touch and the brake dust was staining the wheel. REPAIRED without any problem although I would have preferred to have it replaced.

2006 Elegance 1.9TDi bought used at 1yr old

- New windscreen (delaminating)

- Radio aerial

- Handbrake button (chrome peeling off)

- Rough area of paint at bottom of rear n/s door - repainted

All done without question by DM Keith, Bradford (taken to Leeds for paint job)