Warrenty Claims - What have you had?

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got a few bits on my motor that I want the main dealer to address under warrenty. I am very interested to hear what items you guys have managed to get replaced or fixed under warrenty. I am also interested to hear what bits you have had refused. I have the following issues:

1) Drivers wing mirror base plate cracked from folding in mirror

2) Gear knob silver has worn off

3) Alloy wheel centre caps pitted.

Please update the list with any items you may have tried.

Also what do you think my chances are?

Cheers

George

Hi,

My 2006 Vrs is still under its extended warranty and I have had the following work carried out under it :

1. New ECU

2. Drivers side wing mirror indicator

3. Rear wiper motor replacement

4. New front suspension bushes.

Needless to say i am going to extend it for another year!

Paul

Hi,

My 2006 Vrs is still under its extended warranty and I have had the following work carried out under it :

1. New ECU

2. Drivers side wing mirror indicator

3. Rear wiper motor replacement

4. New front suspension bushes.

Needless to say i am going to extend it for another year!

Paul

How much was the extended warranty? Was it from Skoda Direct?

Edited by GeorgeL

2007 56 plate Octavia Estate 1.9 PD Manual 38'000 miles

So far on Skoda 12 month used car warranty:

Syncro on 1st to 2nd

Air Con Compressor

Rear Suspension Bush

Cruise Controll Arm

(Possibly reverse gear sensor switch) going in tomorrow.

Long winded process with all but sorted eventually.

I reported on here a while back that I was experiencing a synchro problem on 3rd gear (9 month old vRS manual, 20k on the clock). The car's been in twice, first time they replaced something in the clutch mechanism, and second time they changed the gearbox oil - neither made any difference. I am now waiting to hear what Skoda UK tell the dealer to do next, and the service manager reckons it will either be a replacement gearbox or stripdown and fix job. Either way I'm looking forward to having the bl***y thing fixed once and for all!

Bob.

I wonder if my clunking could be from the steering rack? Looks like a few have had them replaced. What are the common faults with these then?

Try replacing the droplinks on either side and see if that helps. Fairly cheap fix.

On my 2007 Octy currently @ 74k :

Front Windscreen - Delaminated

Rear Windscreen - Delaminated

New N/S Xenon Headlamp unit - Replaced due to beam to high because the reflector gave the wrong pattern

N/S Mirror Puddle/Indicator unit - Intermittently failing

Handbrake sliding cover - Making the handbrake hard to disengage

Engine Acoustic cover - Old one was rattling at idle

Rear Shock Absorber Bumpstops - The Dealer reported that both the old ones had split

Rear Screen washer jets - Jets kept moving each time the boot was shut

Front Grille - Replaced due to chrome peeling

Wheel centre badges - Replaced due to water ingress under badges

Thats about all I can think of at the moment

On my 2007 Octy currently @ 74k :

Front Windscreen - Delaminated

Rear Windscreen - Delaminated

New N/S Xenon Headlamp unit - Replaced due to beam to high because the reflector gave the wrong pattern

N/S Mirror Puddle/Indicator unit - Intermittently failing

Handbrake sliding cover - Making the handbrake hard to disengage

Engine Acoustic cover - Old one was rattling at idle

Rear Shock Absorber Bumpstops - The Dealer reported that both the old ones had split

Rear Screen washer jets - Jets kept moving each time the boot was shut

Front Grille - Replaced due to chrome peeling

Wheel centre badges - Replaced due to water ingress under badges

Thats about all I can think of at the moment

cj,

Could you describe what condition your windscreen was in when it was replaced, the reason I ask is that my octavias screen looks as though someone has gritblasted it and my dealer is looking into whether or not it can be replaced under warranty.

the car has just shy of 40000 miles on it and only a couple of stonechips on the bonnet/front end - i am hoping it is - Delaminating?

Paul

I had a problem with my Multi function steering wheel. When the car was cold (as in below zero), last winter, none of the functions worked (DSG paddles, trip computer, stereo controls). Once it'd been running for 5 minutes, everything worked fine.

A difficult problem to demonstrate, by the time i'd driven to the dealer, it had warmed up. Eventually after 4 visits they found a fault and replaced something under warranty.

I do wonder a bit if the problem went away because the weather got warmer, rather than due to the dealers actions. We'll see when it gets cold again.

Anyone else had this problem?

I had a problem with my Multi function steering wheel. When the car was cold (as in below zero), last winter, none of the functions worked (DSG paddles, trip computer, stereo controls). Once it'd been running for 5 minutes, everything worked fine.

A difficult problem to demonstrate, by the time i'd driven to the dealer, it had warmed up. Eventually after 4 visits they found a fault and replaced something under warranty.

I do wonder a bit if the problem went away because the weather got warmer, rather than due to the dealers actions. We'll see when it gets cold again.

Anyone else had this problem?

My right stalk often looses the plot! The intermitent wiper speed adjuster stops working and so does the button to navigate through the trip computer. Sometimes the reset button flicks through the compter instead of from trip 1 to trip 2. Wipers are most annoying when its spitting with rain and they default to the slowest setting.

• 2 years later...

On my 56 plate L&K, while it was under warranty (I bought the car 3 years old with just 8600 miles, and purchased a Skoda Extended Warranty for 3 years), the siren expired, and was replaced under warranty. The cruise control buttons went wrong, and the stalk was repaced with a new design that allows the On/Off button on the top edge to incorporate a Cancel function without actually being slid to Off.

My right stalk is a bit problematic: sometimes the Reset button presses are treated as Down button presses, which can make navigating the MFD Setup Menus a bit challenging. However, it is out of warranty now :-( but at only 33,000 miles, I like to think there is plenty of life left in it.

2010 1.8TSI DSG L&K

- new DSG gearbox at 7 months

- new wheel bearing at 8 months

- new DSG clutch pack at 24 months, approx 47,000 miles

- new tailgate aperture gasket at 27 months, trying to solve mysterious flooding of spare wheel well in the boot

- new sunroof at 29 months, solved mysterious flooding of spare wheel well in the boot

Unresolved:

- oil consumption at 0.2-0.3L every 620 miles since 50,000 miles

- bluetooth unit cover under driver seat lose

- interior trim on B pillars - cosmetic/grey discolorations

- odd one - ticket holder on front windscreen shot off flying across dashboard this month, don't look like windscreen stress, I'm presuming sudden temperature change or something

- odd one - ticket holder on front windscreen shot off flying across dashboard this month, don't look like windscreen stress, I'm presuming sudden temperature change or something

I'd call poltergeist on this one. Did your bolero screen change over to white noise when it happened?

I'd call poltergeist on this one. Did your bolero screen change over to white noise when it happened?

You are alright with this as long as your passenger's head did not swivel through 360o at the same time!

Only the one claim on mine so far - but it has taken over 4 weeks to get it sorted. Central locking fault that has been traced back to faulty wiring in the main fusebox.

3923d1094252491-osnn-irc-channel-irc-freenode-net-holythreadresbatman.jpg

My VRS is five and a half years old.

In the three years it was under warranty I had zero claims.

Since then I've had to clean the cruise control contacts and....nothing else.

Ok I've changed the wipers once and I think the driver's side mirror heating element has packed in but that's it.

Car probably on fire now I've written that.