Best Colour for New Vrs

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That looks really good :thumbup:

Are those the chrome alloys too?

Yeh 'chrome' on the blue car (its not chrome anyway, just lacquered alloy), normal silver wheels on the black one.

Ordered mine yesterday, downsizing from the Octy, went for Rallye Green and anthracite wheels. Not sure about the black roof from the pictures I've seen.

Just come across a couple of adverts in a German auto-trader equivalent for an RS (vRS) in green with the black roof and anthracite wheels. Some reasonable good pics; surprised how small those rear disks are.

My link

My link

edit: as above but white

My link

Not the vRS but black SE equivalents with sports kit; have the RS wheels in white plus the white roof

My link

My link

Regards,

TP

Edited by The Plumber

Just come across a couple of adverts in a German auto-trader equivalent for an RS (vRS) in green with the black roof and anthracite wheels. Some reasonable good pics; surprised how small those rear disks are.

My link

My link

edit: as above but white

My link

Not the vRS but black SE equivalents with sports kit; have the RS wheels in white plus the white roof

My link

My link

Regards,

TP

I'm not a big fan of white, but that third one looks really nice. Those red seats; are they standard with the white paint in the UK?

I'm not a big fan of white, but that third one looks really nice. Those red seats; are they standard with the white paint in the UK?

The black wheels seem to look smaller with the white, for some reason.

Guest BigJase88

the anthracite wheels are horrible

that black one on the track is the nicest i've seen, looks quite smart.... possibly because its down 50mm due to body roll :rofl:

but gives an idea of what it COULD look like B)

I think the vrs looks a bit "slab sided" probably because there are no side rubbing strips. Red with a white roof looks good but not an option in the UK.

That's because the vRS is slab-sided. The lack of side rubbing strips doesn't create that illusion. There are plenty of cars nowadays with no side rubbing strips that use clever sculpting to break up the large expanse of metal - see the Seat Ibiza Cupra and BMW 3 series coupe for example. Even a tall vehicle like the Ford Kuga avoids looking slab sided with clever sculpting and creases. If only Skoda's designers had as much imagination.

I saw this one in Mlada Boleslav last week , I like this combination.

460.jpg

461.jpg

Rallye Green , White roof and wheels. Incidentally , I saw a Rallye Green Octavia vRS being built on the production line which also looked great.

I saw this one in Mlada Boleslav last week , I like this combination.

Rallye Green , White roof and wheels. Incidentally , I saw a Rallye Green Octavia vRS being built on the production line which also looked great.

Thanks for the pics, not seen this combination and yes I agree it kind of works :)

TP

• 1 month later...

Aaaaarrgh...So difficult to pick the best color. I have seen so far (live)

1. black estate with dark chrome alloys

2. graphite estate with dark chrome alloys

3. race blue estate with dark chrome alloys(very nice but not for me)

4. white HB with black roof and black alloys

5. black HB with black roof and dark chrome alloys (ABSOLUTELY the meanest looking of the whole bunch)

6. green HB with black roof and black alloys

7. yellow HB with white roof and white alloys

I would consider number 5 if I did not need the space, but I do, so I will probably end up with estate. I am leaning towards silver with dark chrome but there's virtually no pics available of that car. If anyone gets one I would love to see the pictures.

Edited by Aqualizer

I can't think why ANYONE would want a vRS (Or indeed, any car) In green! I recon the person responsible for that colour scheme should be made to drive a pink Fiat 5ooC with the roof DOWN... PERMANANTLY! That will teach 'em! :giggle:

I am a little biased, but for me, if I was buying, it would DEFINATELY have to be black... No second choice, black or forget it!

The wheels would probably have to be silver to stand out as black look too plain on a black car.

You may disagree with me on the black front and that is your perogative but as for green... "leave" that to the grass and trees. :giggle:

I can't think why ANYONE would want a vRS (Or indeed, any car) In green! I recon the person responsible for that colour scheme should be made to drive a pink Fiat 5ooC with the roof DOWN... PERMANANTLY! That will teach 'em! :giggle:

I am a little biased, but for me, if I was buying, it would DEFINATELY have to be black... No second choice, black or forget it!

The wheels would probably have to be silver to stand out as black look too plain on a black car.

You may disagree with me on the black front and that is your perogative but as for green... "leave" that to the grass and trees. :giggle:

We have ordered a green one!!

Why?...Because WE like it AND its different

Ohhhh...and we like grassand trees too!!! :moon:

you've got other cars which have specifically had a special green colour (which has lloked good on the car) like the Focus RS, Scirocco, and Clio RS - so we might be seeing a resurgence in green being a fashionable colour where it suits.

It sounds like there are a growing number of potential customers who cant decide on the colour combinations.

Pity Skoda dont have a decent 'build your own car' viewer on the net where you can change the wheel/roof colours as well as the body colour and have full 360 degree rotation.

Personally hoping there'll be a vRS in Gran Turismo 5 to solve my problem :p