Shark Performance STS group buy - get your FREE STS here

shark_90

Now this has got to be by far the best offer we've ever run, and likely to be the best offer that we will ever run emoticon-0136-giggle.gif

CLOSING DATE FOR THIS OFFER: Wednesday 1st September

I think we have gone absolutely bonkers, but what the hell, we're celebrating! emoticon-0123-party.gif

Here's the deal: order an STS from us for delivery after the 1st September and you will receive the STS hardware absolutely free. The good news is you can also use your 10% Freedom discount on the price of the map.

So, order your STS and pay for the map, and get the STS (worth £150) for FREE. If you are a Freedom member you will save a further 10% off your order, that's got to be the best £12 you've ever spent!

All orders are subject to P&P at £7.99.

Please note:- As this is a group buy no units will be delivered until the group buy has closed and the units are ordered and in stock. This could potentially take 7-10 days.

If you'd like to join this group buy, please enter your name in this thread and call us on 0871 2211 281 to make your payment. Any payments received after 1st September will not qualify for this offer and so the closing time for this offer is 17:00 on Wednesday 1st September 2010.

Details of the map prices can be found at http://www.sharkperformance.co.uk - select "Performance Tuning" and select your vehicle.

Some example prices are:

1.9TDI including Fabia vRS Mk1 = £275

2.0TDI PD including Octavia vRS Mk2 TDI = £299

1.8T including Octavia vRS Mk1 = £299

2.0TFSI including Octavia vRS Mk2 = £399

This offer is open to people outside Briskoda and therefore if you have friends with other vehicles or on other forums, feel free to pass the details on!

Participants:

Edited by shark_90

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Provisionally put me down for SWMBO's Leon, will chat to her tonight and call you tomorrow if she wants to proceed, although wont have monies until end of August!

Just to tidy this up a bit

1. vRSCarl - PD140 Octavia

2. Softscoop -

3. daz_pd - Seat Leon (provisional)

If people could copy and paste this list into their replies and add what type of vehicle etc just so Ben has an idea of what maps he needs to load etc :thumbup:

Does it work for the CR170 yet? (2010 car)

No, I'm afraid not on the 2.0CR. If you have a 2010 car then your ECU will no doubt be protected meaning it would have to come out to be tuned. Perhaps a visit to the open day/grand opening to take advantage of whatever offer might be on for the day, would be in order?

Sounds great, where are the map prices please - will this work with the Octravia FL TSI?

Editr - just seen above re 2010 cars - does this apply to 2010 petrols as well as diesels? And if the ECU does have to come out to be tuned does this mean that both maps can not be loaded onto the STS?

Edited by arbs

Sounds great, where are the map prices please - will this work with the Octravia FL TSI?

Editr - just seen above re 2010 cars - does this apply to 2010 petrols as well as diesels? And if the ECU does have to come out to be tuned does this mean that both maps can not be loaded onto the STS?

I am yet to come across a 2010 petrol VRS that's protected, so I'm quite sure you're safe. If you do have a protected ECU then the STS will not work with your car unfortunately.

Of course if there's a problem then we'd be happy to refund or carry out the tuning for you at the workshop.

You can find the map at www.sharkperformance.co.uk and click on "Performance Tuning" on the navigation bar.

Think I've got the wrong end of the stick here as I can see no prices. If I wanted one for my 07 plate TDi VRs ( Octavia ) how much is it going to cost me.

Ok I confuse easily

Map prices are available at www.sharkperformance.co.uk and the map for your car is £299.

Don't know if this is the right place to post this so apologies if it's not and can a Mod please put in the right place

Thanks

Right here goes,

When using one of these self tuning systems is there a chance that the system might "freeze" during the installation (like a computer when it locks up) and you end up with engine that's got only a bit of the map on it

Can you control, alt, Delete and start again.

Am I right in thinking that you send out the STS already with the new map installed and the buyer self installs.

sorry for all the Questions.

Hi ben,

How much is stage 2 software and could this be loaded on ready for when i get that decat bud?

We'd need you to pop back down with the car as the car needs to be standard before the STS can be set up with the car, but the upgrade to stage 2 is £100 and is compatible with the STS, no problem :)

When using one of these self tuning systems is there a chance that the system might "freeze" during the installation (like a computer when it locks up) and you end up with engine that's got only a bit of the map on it

Can you control, alt, Delete and start again.

While that's technically possible, if you follow the instructions as provided then you won't have any problems. Even if a problem does occur then 9/10 the STS can recover successfully however please don't go testing that feature unnecessarily.

Am I right in thinking that you send out the STS already with the new map installed and the buyer self installs.

Not quite, but close. The STS is sent out readily set up for your car, you plug the STS in and read the standard map from the car. You then plug it in to your computer (Windows only) and send the map to us. We modify the map for you, and send it back to you. You then write it to the car using the STS unit. Simples :)

The user guide is available here if anyone would like to view it.

I'd like to know more about the diagnostic parts of the sts unit, what can it do and not do also what cars will it work as a diagnostic unit? Ie. Could this be used on another mk2 octavia and a mk1 superb?

Matthew

Edited by matt@theforce