East Midlands Meet - Tuesday 31st August 2010 - Junc 28 M1

Brimma

The next monthly meet for the East Midlands lot!

Venue: The Snipe at Sutton, Alfreton Road, Sutton in Ashfield, Nottinghamshire NG17 1JE (just off the A38 off M1 J28 heading towards Mansfield) - See here for a map

Date: Tuesday 31st August 2010

Time: 7:30pm

Sounds like you all had a great time last week smearing birthday cake on Dan's new wheels whilst looking at Pedobears on your iPhones, with Ben W singing karaoke in the background - at least that's what I gather from Nick's post :o

Please feel free to cut and paste the list below if attending - I'll put myself down in the hope I can make it, just to get it started

Brimma - black Mk2 Octavia vRS estate

Edited by Brimma

And make sure you all come to the open day at our new unit the day before!

Infact, what about meeting at our new unit and then convoying down to the Snipe?

The next monthly meet for the East Midlands lot!

Venue: The Snipe at Sutton, Alfreton Road, Sutton in Ashfield, Nottinghamshire NG17 1JE (just off the A38 off M1 J28 heading towards Mansfield) - See here for a map

Date: Tuesday 27th July 2010 ? ? ? ? ?

Time: 7:30pm

Sounds like you all had a great time last week smearing birthday cake on Dan's new wheels whilst looking at Pedobears on your iPhones, with Ben W singing karaoke in the background - at least that's what I gather from Nick's post

ermm just wondered if you were trying to relive last months for a slice of cake, will bring one along if need be!

hope it is just a typo error lol

good idea Ben by the way

Edited by tishalouise

ermm just wondered if you were trying to relive last months for a slice of cake, will bring one along if need be!

hope it is just a typo error lol

I'd sack the secretary if I were you :S

You just can't get the staff these days :no:

• 2 weeks later...

I hope to make it to my first meet..

Will be in my new Superb Estate :rofl:

vrsadz - fabia vrs

daformah - Superb Estate II 170CR Elegance OR Octavia II Vrs (if the Superb doesn't make it in time)

Edited by Daformah

Count me and the mrs in this month. :)

vrsadz - fabia vrs

daformah - Superb Estate II 170CR Elegance

john999boy - FL vRS

WaveyDavey - Fabia vRS

Cheers

Dave.

Yay. Congrats. You pleased with it?

Very impressed so far. Done 350 miles and loving it. The upgraded sound system is soooo much better than my stock system in the occy. Smooth, quick(ish) and the satnav is brilliant

Feel free to poke around it on tuesday!

Chris

Very impressed so far. Done 350 miles and loving it. The upgraded sound system is soooo much better than my stock system in the occy. Smooth, quick(ish) and the satnav is brilliant

Feel free to poke around it on tuesday!

Chris

I'll try to make this, if I can find it, and looking forward to meeting some of you. I'm loving my newly acquired, boringly standard, vRS PD but the sound system is pants and looking for any advice to get better than the standard Stream on the 07 (Boom -Tiss, Boom-Tiss)

Chris

Anything I need to know?

It's an East Mids ritual that a newcomer buys the first round - that's about all you really need to know :thumbup:

Only joking - they're a good bunch who generally just have a laugh and take the p*ss out of each other :rofl:

With a little bit of car talk thrown in for good measure

Hi, I'd like to come over for my first meet! I will be bringing my Octy MkI L&K, although it sounds like it will pale in comparison to the other cars!

Anything I need to know?

Come on over, I'll be there so at least you'll know someone :thumbup:

Don't be daft about your car, It'll have the cleanest Interior that everyone will envy ;)

Ha, yes, I will make sure I don't drive until Tuesday, and then put plastic sheets over the interior :D

No, it will be cool, all shall bow befors my car's awesomeness! Also hubby will be coming along. I think he really misses his old vRS.

Ahhhh at last I shan't be the only female owner! Avery big welcome to you especially Yunalesca and your hubby. I test drove the new vRS yesterday morning, in the busy hubub of Chesterfield, even got the bumph on it etc. Hmmm pause for thought ;) wonder if that white car will be bringing me again :giggle:

Ahhhh at last I shan't be the only female owner! Avery big welcome to you especially Yunalesca and your hubby. I test drove the new vRS yesterday morning, in the busy hubub of Chesterfield, even got the bumph on it etc. Hmmm pause for thought ;) wonder if that white car will be bringing me again :giggle:

Don't forget you weren't the only female owner a couple of months ago when mrs WaveyDavey was there.... :)

She's there again tonight..... And we're going in her car too!!!!! It's not very often that furby2 goes to a meet you know so you're all honored!!! :rofl:

Cheers

Dave.