REAR DOOR PROTECTIVE FILM FITTED FOR FREE

mellyboy

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Scarlet booked into bodyshop for next Monday to do the stone chippings and foils, they want her for 3 or 4 days to do the work so will have a free courtesy car next week.

To rectify paint damage and then fit the foils under warranty must be costing Skoda an arm & a leg!

Why on earth dont they just bite the bullet & agree to retro-fit the foils if requested by individual customers - before the damage becomes serious enough to require repainting?

Why on earth dont they just bite the bullet & agree to retro-fit the foils if requested by individual customers - before the damage becomes serious enough to require repainting?

I used that theory with them (when I thought my car won't have them) and all they said in reply was "In this case, there is no evidence suggesting that your vehicle would have the (sic) similar issues to the people you have made reference to."

So the housewives running Customer Services just have no idea what the implications of their advice is...

My dealer has said that a bulletin has been issued "advising action to be taken by service partners". My SM is going in for an alarm fault to be investigated on Monday, so they will look at the foils issue at the same time. No idea what the outcome will be at the moment, but there seems to be a theory that some paint finishes are more prone to chipping than others. I dont know if this means metallics v solid, or if some actual colours are more prone.

Edited by speedsport

A bulletin now! must be a wide problem if dealers are getting issued these, I believe that as a bodyshop is used in almost all cases then the standard fix must be a respray followed by fitting foils.

If anyone can obtain the bulletin that would be handy :)

Edited by nokiauk

I have emailed Skoda UK 2 days ago and got a prmpt reply asking me to contact my nearest dealer to sort that out.

Phoned MSB today and told them the problem, it is aparently very common and they need to tak a photograph and sent to Skoda UK before anything could proceed.

I am not sure how likely mine will be fitted as I only have 1 or 2 chip on one side of the arch....

I am under the impression that if it hasn't got any chip then it would not be resprayed and film fitted.

Repsray and Film comes in a package! Will report back when I visit the dealer.

I have emailed Skoda UK 2 days ago and got a prmpt reply asking me to contact my nearest dealer to sort that out.

Phoned MSB today and told them the problem, it is aparently very common and they need to tak a photograph and sent to Skoda UK before anything could proceed.

I am not sure how likely mine will be fitted as I only have 1 or 2 chip on one side of the arch....

I am under the impression that if it hasn't got any chip then it would not be resprayed and film fitted.

Repsray and Film comes in a package! Will report back when I visit the dealer.

I had one very small chip.

Smart repair and foils stuck on. :thumbup:

I've just got back Scarlet back from the bodyshop. The paintwork is fine but one of the foils has a grubby fingerprint on the adhesive so a new foil is being ordered to be re fitted!!

My_Yeti I got Scarlet from MSB and they arranged the repairs with no problems, Skoda have no accepted that there is a problem so I don't think it will matter too much if there are only a couple of chips.

When I posted that Skoda uk had agreed to allow my local dealer to fit the films on my doors at no charge I assumed this meant that meant that that they had recognized the problem and would fit them on all Yetis, I am amazed that there seems to be so many versions from dealers as to the response from Skoda UK to this easy fix problem.

I had one very small chip.

Smart repair and foils stuck on. :thumbup:

Thanks.

I went to MSB today (my nearest) and they promptly took the digital camera to try to take some photoes, but the marks on the affected bit were too small and I was advise to leave it for now and take it back in 6 months time to see if any more chips have developed. Aparently the film will be fitted across the 3 years warranty as it is a warranty matter and may even be extended to the 10 years paint work warranty (not sure about this!)??

Oh, and as mentioned above, Skoda would not fit the film as precautionary measures.

Upon further investigation, aparently most of the respray were done on the non-metallic cars, with Red being affected the most, this is because the metallic has extra laquer?

Anyway, I would recommned any non-metallic owners to check their door and have the warranty work done.

I actually managed to wash mine today and had a close look in the relevant area. :wonder:

Email with an attached photo sent to dealer, as I have a couple of chips and what looks like a pimple at the bottom of the door. :thumbdown: :'(

We shall see what happens. :doh:

Edited by Llanigraham

• 2 weeks later...

Got mine back last week but foils had bubbles all over them, fair due to the garage they admitted this up front as said I was already booked in to have them refitted so no complaints there, of course removal of the foils last week took the paint with it so had to be sprayed again, and new foils fitted, picked up on Friday but noticed in the daylight today there are still bubbles under the driver's side foil, I'm thinking of phoning them in the morning but not sure what they'll say.

Nothing to do with the garage as they have been great but this means another courtesy car, more fuel for courtesy car plus £20 on my insurance policy to cover said courtesy car for 2-3 days, that would be me up to £60 just in insurance admin charges.

I do feel as if I'm entitled to have a bubble free foil however!

Absolutely you do, but would you trust the same dealer to do the job right now if they haven't achieved it with the last two attempts :(

Got mine back last week but foils had bubbles all over them, fair due to the garage they admitted this up front as said I was already booked in to have them refitted so no complaints there, of course removal of the foils last week took the paint with it so had to be sprayed again, and new foils fitted, picked up on Friday but noticed in the daylight today there are still bubbles under the driver's side foil, I'm thinking of phoning them in the morning but not sure what they'll say.

Nothing to do with the garage as they have been great but this means another courtesy car, more fuel for courtesy car plus £20 on my insurance policy to cover said courtesy car for 2-3 days, that would be me up to £60 just in insurance admin charges.

YES YOU ARE!!emoticon-0148-yes.gif

It's not that hard to do. I did my own in about 20 minutes. See this link that I published in the Briskoda Technical Guides section. It is a combination of Skoda's own instructions and my own, with pictures.

May I suggest that you do your own or at least make sure that the dealer is using the "Soapy Water - The Key To Protecting Yetis" (The Skoda fitting instructions).

Hope you have some "Joy" soon.........

THE GREAT YETI

smiley-transport011.gif

Absolutely you do, but would you trust the same dealer to do the job right now if they haven't achieved it with the last two attempts :(

Prob don't have much choice, can't see me being able to go to another dealer now, anyway practice does make perfect apparently.

YES YOU ARE!!emoticon-0148-yes.gif

It's not that hard to do. I did my own in about 20 minutes. See this link that I published in the Briskoda Technical Guides section. It is a combination of Skoda's own instructions and my own, with pictures.

May I suggest that you do your own or at least make sure that the dealer is using the "Soapy Water - The Key To Protecting Yetis" (The Skoda fitting instructions).

Hope you have some "Joy" soon.........

THE GREAT YETI

smiley-transport011.gif

Thanks will print a copy off and see what dealer says.

I am lucky enough to have 2 dealers close by, one literally up the road and the other in Darlington. So naturally, I had a choice to see whom I want to have work done. I am particularly impressed by Pulman. So do you have any other dealers near by?

Scarlet went back to the bodyshop yesterday to have the soiled foil removed.

I've just had a phone call saying that when they removed it they took the paint off with it :'( :'( , so they are having to re do the door and refit the foil.

Scarlet will be finished by 2 today , so I'll see what she's like then.

On the plus side, I've asked them to touch up any stone chips whilst they have the car,and they have agreed.

I don't think that this is not asking too much.

Scarlet went back to the bodyshop yesterday to have the soiled foil removed.

I've just had a phone call saying that when they removed it they took the paint off with it :'( :'( , so they are having to re do the door and refit the foil.

Scarlet will be finished by 2 today , so I'll see what she's like then.

On the plus side, I've asked them to touch up any stone chips whilst they have the car,and they have agreed.

I don't think that this is not asking too much.

Is this MSB at Darlington? If so, I hope they do a good job for you and you may catch a glimpse of my waiting SM when you are there!

Is this MSB at Darlington? If so, I hope they do a good job for you and you may catch a glimpse of my waiting SM when you are there!

MSB use a bodyshop at Yarm so I never got chance to get a viewing of your Yeti.

I've got Scarlet back home but there are still air bubbles in the new foil. Hopefully thses will go in the next week, if not watch this space and stand by for some major fall out!)