Briskoda.net vs Seatcupra.net Rolling Road Day JKM 13th November 2010

muckipup

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I'd be up for this, probably with two cars - the Octavia and the MX-5, but maybe 3 if I can find someone willing to drive the 205 down as well. Hope it's alright to bring the interlopers!

No worries :thumbup: I am sure JKM would be happy to take your money twice over too :giggle:

I will check out with JKM if the MX5 can jump on the dyno straight away or if it will need to wait to the end so they can set the dyno up for a rear wheel drive (as they do with the 4WDs)

Edited by muckipup

No worries :thumbup: I am sure JKM would be happy to take your money twice over too :giggle:

I will check out with JKM if the MX5 can jump on the dyno straight away or if it will need to wait to the end so they can set the dyno up for a rear wheel drive (as they do with the 4WDs)

Happy to wait until the end if I need to. Not a problem.

I'd like two runs in the Octavia please - I'm going to bring my STS down, so will do one run first off to get a baseline figure, then a run with the remap done and see what the difference is.

Just one run for the MX-5 though, although still looking for a driver to take it down there for me.

I'm still interested but I think I should probably get my cambelt and water pump done sooner rather than later as its due in the spring and don't want to cane the engine in the meantime!

If I have the money to get the work done in early November then I'll still be up for the RR.

I run NOS on another RR of the same brand so not sure why it's so frowned upon? Its not like there's any risk of a fast & the furious style explosion. Nitrous on a diesel just doesn't do that :D

I went back and confirmed with JKM that nitrous was definitely a no-no in their eyes. Not sure why.

I'm still interested but I think I should probably get my cambelt and water pump done sooner rather than later as its due in the spring and don't want to cane the engine in the meantime!

If I have the money to get the work done in early November then I'll still be up for the RR.

No probs, I'll keep you on the list for now ;)

I know all too well how people drop like flies when it actually comes to showing up / paying on the day?

i remember the last jkm day i didn't get home from work till about 4am and i think i was still awake from the night before when i rolled up late :D

You going to think about taking deposits to gaurentee attendance as I know all too well how people drop like flies when it actually comes to showing up / paying on the day?

It's a good point but I think we'll just have to take the risk that we will still have a viable number on the day. I was planning to PM everyone a week or two before to ask/appeal to those who can't make it be good enough to drop out and allow others to take their place