Fabia vRS MPG

81 members have voted

1. 1. What (real) economy do you get from your Fabia vRS - Please, please, please do not include figures from trip computers!!!!

• Less than 40 mpg
    • 40-45 mpg
    • 45-50 mpg
    • 50-55 mpg
    • 55-60 mpg
    • Over 60 mpg (I drive like a granny!)

To settle a raging argument going on in another thread, could we have a poll of the real economy that Fabia vRS drivers are getting.

The figure that we are interested in is the calculated economy not any taken from the trip computer.

Edited by 'Little' John

To settle a raging argument going on in another thread, could we have a poll of the real economy that Fabia vRS drivers are getting.

The figure that we are interested in is the calculated economy not any taken from the trip computer.

Had the car for a week. Never got less than 44mpg thus far...

And the car has been hammered in some cases :giggle:

I'm SAD and work out economy every tankful using a spreadsheet.

I normally get 45-50 mpg, and occupationally slightly over 50 in summer. ATM I'm getting 49mpg using VPD. The best so far is 57mpg average, but that was from a 300 mile motorway journey, (Kent to home).

I'm SAD and work out economy every tankful using a spreadsheet.

I normally get 45-50 mpg, and occupationally slightly over 50 in summer. ATM I'm getting 49mpg using VPD. The best so far is 57mpg average, but that was from a 300 mile motorway journey, (Kent to home).

I'm SAD too! My figures would pretty much agree with yours, although I did manage to to 60mpg on one particularly boring journey from Yorkshire to Surrey and back! Over three years and 32K miles I averaged 49.7mpg before getting rid of the car.

Just about averaging 55 mpg over a week with a daily commute of 44 miles each way mainly over reasonable but twisty country roads / through villages (30 mph please!). And it always seems to take 1 hr 17 mins no matter whether I think I driving faster or slower than usual once 'out of town'! (yawn)

Do a search - you'll find that it doesn't! Hence the restriction on using calculated figures.

it doesnt really bother me aslong as im using less fuel than my last car, i am, and save myself £15 per week so thatl do for me, the trip comp just gives me a ruff idea emoticon-0148-yes.gif

Edited by MarkMac

i dont calculate it, trip comp will do for me.... and its better than my last car so thatl do

It's worth at least doing one brim-to-brim calc, if you don't want to do it every time. You'll then know how accurate the onboard computer is.

It depends on the individual car; some are more accurate than others. Some have even been found to be pessimistic.

Steve

Oddly enough, my trip meter is, if anything, a little pessimistic. It also astonishes me just how much variation different driving conditions give.

A few months ago, I was living around 18 miles away from work, mainly old A roads, or B roads, and 50 mhp limit for much of the daily commute. It was also a drive which I could often make without stops, or with no more than one or two short stops. At that point, I was getting 60 - 65 mpg quite reliably (measured, not from the trip computer).

Now I'm living nine miles from my work place, and the road is almost all 70mph dual carriageway. Not to mention that I frrequently have to stop for several minutes two or three times during the journey. My fule consumption is now (again measured) around 50 mpg or a little less.

It seems to be the stopping that really kills the economy, though getting almost straight onto high speed roads doesn't help.

:) Still a lot better than my last car - the Fiesta Zetec S used to get around 320 miles to a 42 litre tank. With the Fabia, I get around 430 - 440 before the low fuel indicator comes on.....

Paul.

:) Still a lot better than my last car - the Fiesta Zetec S used to get around 320 miles to a 42 litre tank. With the Fabia, I get around 430 - 440 before the low fuel indicator comes on.....

Paul.

I know that feeling. I was looking at about 300 miles to a tank in my 52 plate Fiesta Zetec S, and that was on a good run, but I always felt the need to be flat to floor (leadfoot style) in that! I really loved the car, but the fuel economy was making me bankrupt, and the suspension was killing my back on long journeys!

Much prefere the Fabia to be honest. My trip computer says I average about 52 mpg, so maybe 47 or something IRL?

Edited by Bezzy

Mrs R59 is getting 48-50mpg, and generally does 2-3mile runs. When we go out for any distance (dual carriageway/motorway running), the little beasty will head towards the.... 60mpg zone.

Went to the NEC on monday, hurled it up the A1, along the A14, then M6, and when we got there the computer was showing 64.9mpg, and I'd say I was cruising at NSL +10% most of the way.

It's certainly better than the 29 that she was getting out of the 1.8 Zafira!!

45 - 50 with lots of stop start, and accelerating in straights.

Funny place to drive, Cornwall. Can go from a major dual carriage way to a single lane dirt track in the blink of an eye...

I know that feeling. I was looking at about 300 miles to a tank in my 52 plate Fiesta Zetec S, and that was on a good run, but I always felt the need to be flat to floor (leadfoot style) in that! I really loved the car, but the fuel economy was making me bankrupt, and the suspension was killing my back on long journeys!

Much prefere the Fabia to be honest. My trip computer says I average about 52 mpg, so maybe 47 or something IRL?

Hia mate,,,, was this in a 1.6 tdci zetec s ????

• 2 weeks later...

last few full tanks i've managed 400 miles each tankfull, works out at about 53.5 mpg,

Really? At 40 litres per fill up and 400 miles covered, that'd be 45 MPG. Unless you're only putting in 35 litres or so at each fill up.

J.

chalk me up as another saddo who records milage done and fuel used after each fillup

on an individual takful it's been as high as 55, and as low as 42

average over the past 3+ years is at the 48mpg mark, tho I have about 4 months worth of recipts in the glovebox which I haven't put into the computer yet :doh:

Edited by Wet Kipper