My wife "whupped" a Subaru in the VRS

I know my wife is a crazy driver (Police Advanced trained).

But she is working away in Nottingham atm, and i just received a call. In short, some guys were tailgaiting her through a camera zone. They pulled up next to her at some lights, started revving their subaru like crazy.

So my wife being my wife decided to give as good as she got. She apparently beat them by some distance, and when they pulled up at the next set of traffic lights they paid homage to the car.

The passenger in the Subaru apparently was in fits of laughter as his mate had been beaten by a bird in a Skoda...

Feckin liability my wife is! :giggle:

She has only had the car for 2 days..

Edited by Beancounter1980

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Possible,

They did make an Impreza GX which is a slow 0-60 of about 10 seconds and topped out at about 120 mph

but the WR's and STI are sub 7.0 and less

:thumbup:

Edited by korban

I timed my Turbo 2000 (1998 model) which was bog standard and 0-60 was 6.2 seconds.

Everyone wanted to race you, but you'd just blow them away. :thumbup:

I used to give Ford Esocrts a two car headstart to make them feel better. :rofl:

Possible,

They did make an Impreza GX which is a slow 0-60 of about 10 seconds and topped out at about 120 mph

but the WR's and STI are sub 7.0 and more

:thumbup:

I for one did not believe her. I mean a subaru FFS...

No way was it an Impreza turbo... :giggle: I think the guys were either terrible at shifting or it was most likely a slower variant of the range...

I used to own a P1....I know they are feckin fast. A VRS is like a snail in comparison..

But she has no reason to lie. More to the point she hates talking about cars......so this was an odd one..

I timed my Turbo 2000 (1998 model) which was bog standard and 0-60 was 6.2 seconds.

Everyone wanted to race you, but you'd just blow them away. :thumbup:

I used to give Ford Esocrts a two car headstart to make them feel better. :rofl:

My Subaru Impreza Turbo - 1994 vintage - was much quicker off the line than the vRS.

Mind you if you think you had problems with having to do traffic lights Grand Prix with an Impreza, wait till you get an Atom...

I always found my re-mapped (182bhp/295lb) fabia to be slower from standing starts than most performance cars.

1 - Lack of grip, Just wheel spins

2 - First gear is pretty useless

However, from the end of 2nd then onwards she pulls like a train. I think the vRS strong point is mid range from 3rd >

I have a Fabia VRS and yes they do pull well, or they feel like they are pulling well. Hubby has a Standard Scoob 1999 that pulls none stop revs like **** and goes like it also. One big difference is the MPG Skoda FANTASTIC Scoob (where is the next Petrol station), Get the Turbo Spinning and you can get 16 MPG But you get a BIG Grin.

I always found my re-mapped (182bhp/295lb) fabia to be slower from standing starts than most performance cars.

1 - Lack of grip, Just wheel spins

2 - First gear is pretty useless

However, from the end of 2nd then onwards she pulls like a train. I think the vRS strong point is mid range from 3rd >

Gotta love mid range torque,

I just looked at your sig mate, whats with the exact bhp figure of 182."8"? it's like saying ur penis is .8 bigger than the next persons lol, doesnt do anything.

i can play with turbo 2000's

never tried with a wrx though - might be pushing it

On the old ones Turbo 2000 was the WRX in all other countries. Not sure why they didn't use the WRX name here, like they did from about the year 2000 onwards.

It did make it easy to spot an import though.

Guest BigJase88

On the old ones Turbo 2000 was the WRX in all other countries. Not sure why they didn't use the WRX name here, like they did from about the year 2000 onwards.

It did make it easy to spot an import though.

new wrx then :)

I know my wife is a crazy driver (Police Advanced trained).

But she is working away in Nottingham atm, and i just received a call. In short, some guys were tailgaiting her through a camera zone. They pulled up next to her at some lights, started revving their subaru like crazy.

So my wife being my wife decided to give as good as she got. She apparently beat them by some distance, and when they pulled up at the next set of traffic lights they paid homage to the car.

The passenger in the Subaru apparently was in fits of laughter as his mate had been beaten by a bird in a Skoda...

Feckin liability my wife is! emoticon-0136-giggle.gif

She has only had the car for 2 days..

I have to ask, why would a Police Advance Driver Trained person get involved in a traffic light GP???

I have owned 2 Scoobys (including the original one with the alloy bonnet) and can not believe a FWD Furby beat it in a GP. I have driven Shifty’s old Furby and even it would have struggled. I imagine the Scooby either had a wally for a driver (sounds likely given the fact he was revving at the lights), or he had buggered up his clutch. I have owned and driven some pretty quick cars over the years and the Scooby was astonishing away from a standstill if the clutch was OK and the car was driven with a little bit knowledge.

Sounds like a bit of d*ldo waving to me...........

........are we supposed to be impressed? :no:

lol...FFS....you getting all hepped up over a random thread...

Me impress you? Over the interwebz???? Its an open forum. If you dont like the thread....move on..

I own a VRS....but it dont impress me much....thats why its my wifes... B)

Leaking doors and POS standard brakes...no thanks...

Pretty much will be sorting them out on the weekend though..

20.56 to 20.59 - that's a pretty rapid response time - nearly as quick as a police trained driver, though maybe not as quick as those who drive other people's yellow Evos (you'll need to read the thread to follow that) :rofl:

I'm loving the thread BTW - far from hepping me up - keep up the good work :thumbup:

Edited by Brimma

Gotta love mid range torque,

I just looked at your sig mate, whats with the exact bhp figure of 182."8"? it's like saying ur penis is .8 bigger than the next persons lol, doesnt do anything.

haha, I know mate :D Every little helps tho :p It was the printout I got from AMD's rolling road. Couldn't leave off extra horses! lol

i can play with turbo 2000's

never tried with a wrx though - might be pushing it

My dad has a turbo 2000 and he cant pull away from me, and mines a stage 1, i'd imagine you'd be good against the WRX just not the STI. The turbo 2000 only has like 210bhp and a small turbo.