New Skoda service plan 'poor value for money'

I have just received a reply from my local dealer confirming that they will sell me the plan for £299 & the £100 vouchers come from Skoda later. (confirm deal ends 31 Dec 2010).

Sounds like I'd be ok to hang on until next month then but think a call to Skoda tomorrow to confirm would help my wallet, at least for this month..

Thanks for your post chaps..

Allams Skoda have confirmed the deal expires end of Dec 2010 and there is nothing in the documentation to say the vouchers are only available until end of November so not sure what my guy was on about! Good news for my wallet.

After emailing them Skoda UK rang me today.

I enquired where my £100 vouchers were.

They told me that the plan is managed by Skoda Finance and due to popular demand there is a back log.

They assured me my vouchers will be sent out soon!

So for anyone else waiting in anticipation prepare to be patient.

I have just received a reply from my local dealer confirming that they will sell me the plan for £299 & the £100 vouchers come from Skoda later. (confirm deal ends 31 Dec 2010).

They avoided confirming the 4th & 5th service/year costs (FYI - car is 4yrs old in Feb, only done 23k & not due it's 4th service until June - as it was on variable when I bought it, but I switched to fixed, as I do low mileage) As tey advised I qualify as long as the car is <4yrs old, < 80k & serviced to manufacturers spec etc etc...

I am seriously considering opting for this plan, as the 4th service sounds like it could be a dear one? The only thing I need to square is whether I'd change the car in the summer...so I can sell it with some warranty left (extended via Skoda to Feb 2012)...My MOT will be due in Feb too...so I guess I should get my money's worth out of the deal...and can transfer the remaining 'service plan' as well as the warranty with the potential car sale. (& >£500 of winter tyres too !)

Find out if their 4th yr service includes the cambelt/water pump change, or if that would be classed as a separate charge. if it does it could save you quite a bit.

Find out if their 4th yr service includes the cambelt/water pump change, or if that would be classed as a separate charge. if it does it could save you quite a bit.

Cambelt and associated labor are not included unfortunately and will incur additional costs.

When I took out the plan around three weeks ago, Rainworth Skoda told me the vouchers would be sent to me around January, no problem not in any hurry.

Did sound like a good deal, and the dealer explained it well, they do treat you like a valued customer at Rainworth.

Just my opinion.

When I took out the plan around three weeks ago, Rainworth Skoda told me the vouchers would be sent to me around January, no problem not in any hurry.

Did sound like a good deal, and the dealer explained it well, they do treat you like a valued customer at Rainworth.

Just my opinion.

I agree totally.

My 3 local dealers all confirmed that they do not operate this scheme as they have their own one in place..

And guess what, their scheme is much more expensive than that offered by SUK. Talk about putting the

poor old customer (mug) first.

So I have found a dealer who is more than happy to offer this package, but, and there is always one.

This dealer is 265 miles away.

My question is - if buy this offer from the remote dealer will my local rip off dealer honour it .

Wonder if the barons at HQ know that this is going on and depriving customers of basically a good deal.

Emailed my local dealer & they have sent me out the details (kindly shown by an earlier poster)...& confirmed the menu costs for the 4th year (40k) & 5th year (50k) services for my petrol Vrs are £300 & £185 respectively...so in theory I'll get my money back after one service...even without the vouchers, which just sweetens the deal further. They advised the vouchers follow from Skoda...but none of the paperwork mentions it.

It is possible I will chop in the Vrs next summer (service due June)...but I feel it's worth it's worth the gamble & along with my extended warranty + new winter tyres, makes the car more attractive to someone...crikey it's starting to make it sound quite attractive to hold onto !!!!

I decided to email Skoda about expiry dates etc, best hear from the horses mouth, eh.

Got a voicemail just now saying deal ends 31/12/10 and if one signs up before then, one is entitled to the £100 vouchers. Phew! :)

I signed up for this deal for both the Fabia and the Octavia. In the case of the Fabia, the first 2 services combined would cost circa £330 - that was the cheapest quote I got from local Skoda main dealers. One quote was nearly £500. The Octavia is obviously slightly more expensive.

As both the Fabia and the Octavia are on fixed servicing schedules I believe the £299 deal is a no brainer - especially as it protects from VAT and other price increases.

Whats more I've got £200 of vouchers to spend. Either it can go to towards those "extras" the dealer always manages to find during a service - or I can buy some accessories if the voucher end date is reaching the expiry date.

Bit tight finding £598 at present, but its bought me peace of mind for 2 years.

Edited by Minimoke

• 4 weeks later...

I've just signed up for this at MSB Skoda, Darlington (the only dealer in my area who offered it). They wanted to charge an extra 3% for credit card payment, so I paid by debit card to save the £9 extra!

My car will be 3 years old in January, so this works out particularly good value as it will cover my 4th year service, which includes brake fluid change.

The dealer informs me that I need to have the documents from Skoda Finance first before I can have the car serviced, but has penned me in for the 10th Jan.

How long did it take others to get their documents through the post? Did your dealer insist on having them before providing the service?

Glad to have found out about this offer, thanks to Briskoda.

Still waiting for my vouchers / paperwork, I signed up in November!

Had a call from my dealer and Skoda UK after I complained at the delay and they both said it was Skoda Finance who are dealing with it all and they are renowned for taking their time.

They will be getting another call in the New Year if they don't arrive soon, I need some screenwash!

Still waiting for my vouchers / paperwork, I signed up in November!

Had a call from my dealer and Skoda UK after I complained at the delay and they both said it was Skoda Finance who are dealing with it all and they are renowned for taking their time.

They will be getting another call in the New Year if they don't arrive soon, I need some screenwash!

I signed up on 18 November and I only got the vouchers just before Christmas. I spoke to to the dealer who in turn had a go at Skoda Finance and I received the vouchers shortly afterwards. Dealer told me that the take up on the deal had been bigger than Skoda expected so are not geared up for a quick turnaround of the paperwork.

Surely the dealer wouldn't delay a service because the paper work has not turned up from Skoda Finance? After all the dealer has already copped the £299 and would know from their own records who had signed up (or not).

It would be worth going back to the beginning of this thread and reading it through in full.

The pro's and con's are already highlighted.

It seems better value for money if it will cover your fourth 'major' service.

I got quotes of £300 for my 4th service - due in June & £185 for the one after.

Throw in a Brake Fluid Change due in Jan (circa £60-70?) & all the other items it covers (don't have the list to hand) + the £100 vouchers (still awaited, but only signed up on 13th Dec) & it's a no-brainer for me. Even if I sell the car in the summer, I've now got both a transferable warranty & service plan I can throw in, to sweeten the deal.

Like the last poster said, it's worth re-reading the thread from the start & double checking the deal with your local dealer (seems not all are doing it...or some do, but not the vouchers???)

i signed up to this yesterday having been told about it at my last service. Ithought i would wait until the end of the year to do it as it runs out after tomorrow. Had the paperwork from the dealer today so its all in place now. Vouchers will no doubt follow but im not in any rush for them, its just nice to know that my next 2 services are now paid for.

Can someone clarify this for me. I signed up last week as I think it's going to work out good value, but having read the paperwork the plan lasts for 20k miles or 2 years, whichever is sooner. Mine is now getting serviced next for 30k service, so there is a distinct possibility I will technically fit three services in in this time. I know this seems to be at odds with the advertising literature with two services and I signed up for the two services, but if I can get three I'll be even happier.

Can someone clarify this for me. I signed up last week as I think it's going to work out good value, but having read the paperwork the plan lasts for 20k miles or 2 years, whichever is sooner. Mine is now getting serviced next for 30k service, so there is a distinct possibility I will technically fit three services in in this time. I know this seems to be at odds with the advertising literature with two services and I signed up for the two services, but if I can get three I'll be even happier.

I wouldn't count on that! I think the intention is to provide one minor service and one relatively major one, in whichever order it works out.