Yeti wood dash trim (available ONLINE)

Allams Skoda

Just 'wrong' with the Onyx leather emoticon-0120-doh.gif

I tend to agree with you... it is brown-centric.

Well SBL - I can't possibly write his profile name out - wrapped his in a silver 3M film. And you can wrap the outside of cars these days in any colour your like... so....... why not get your bits of trim wrapped in a black wood effect that will go with the Onyx?! emoticon-0144-nod.gif

Just 'wrong' with the Onyx leather :doh:

Unless you're colour blind :giggle:

IMO it should be Onyx with silver and Gobi with wood as standard. Onyx & wood as with Gobi & silver look like mismatches to me - but each to their own.

Unless you're colour blind :giggle:

IMO it should be Onyx with silver and Gobi with wood as standard. Onyx & wood as with Gobi & silver look like mismatches to me - but each to their own.

+1 :smirk:

If you're going to Hobins you might as well go straight through to the parts dept - they know the' Poplar' trim well! Cost is actually just over £70 as with Allams, either you got a special deal Alan or you only had the large piece fitted and you've still got the brushed metal look around your light switch :giggle: The smaller piece is another £16 plus VAT (unless you go to Allams I guess).

Hobins are good - I got mine there and I live in Kent! (Allams were not selling them at the time!)

Hello, i got both parts of the dash fitted for £50, and no hassle. Thanks for getting back Happy motoring!

Thanks. Order placed.

Ordered from Allams on Wednesday afternoon. Arrived up here in the far north Friday afternoon, and fitted in 20 minutes. Excellent service from Allams, and easy to fit.

As others have said, the Gobi interior looks so much better with this wood trim, and matches the Muscovado exterior colour perfectly.

Edited by tarbat

• 3 months later...

Hi,

I'm interested in getting my (soon to be) graphite trim sprayed white to match outside of car - any tips on how to get the trim off?

Also, can you buy the silver trim. Mine will be all dull black inside (active / S model)

Thanks

Edited by snowplay

Hi,

I'm interested in getting my (soon to be) graphite trim sprayed white to match outside of car - any tips on how to get the trim off?

Also, can you buy the silver trim. Mine will be all dull black inside (active / S model)

Thanks

You can just wrap the trim with 3M (or similar) white film. A member on here (now called pending-change) wrapped his black trim in silver 3M film. It is the same stuff that they wrap the outside of cars with to change their colour.

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/185302-brushed-alloy-interior-trim/

This is FAR easier than spraying it. And if you read what all the people have said that have installed the wood effect trim it is apparently VERY easy to take these bits off.

• 2 months later...

It is very easy to take off and even easier to replace new trim. Does look right with Gobi and Storm Blue. Should I keep the silver trim in case a buyer doesn't like the "wood" :rofl:

Thought maybe this deserved a quick bump, so our newer members can see what this option is like.

It looks great with the Gobi interior... That means you HeffS!!

You temptress! It was on my mind anyhow though! :D

just to tempt you some more......here is Elsie before the vRS flappy paddle MFSW was fitted....

post-36710-0-95999200-1313184495_thumb.jpg

Mike

You've lost me! What are all the buttons below the columbus, you seem to have more then I have seen on demo cars, I know one is for hill asist thing etc but what are the rest.

You've lost me! What are all the buttons below the columbus, you seem to have more then I have seen on demo cars, I know one is for hill asist thing etc but what are the rest.

from the left...park assist, parking sensors, off road button, tyre pressure monitor & Traction control system.....I hate having blanks where buttons should be emoticon-0140-rofl.gif

there is also the heated windscreen above the fan control....

And my new steering wheel has a button on either side to operate the gears which I use loads.....(not shown)

Mike

from the left...park assist, parking sensors, off road button, tyre pressure monitor & Traction control system.....I hate having blanks where buttons should be emoticon-0140-rofl.gif

there is also the heated windscreen above the fan control....

And my new steering wheel has a button on either side to operate the gears which I use loads.....(not shown)

Mike

I know what you mean about having blanks where buttons should be, it brings out the OCD in me! :D

I think you'll find they are, from the right, TCS off, Off-Road, Tyre Pressure Monitor, and a couple of 'spoof' labels.

No doubt Rockhopper will be able to confirm.

PS> Oops; didn't realise there was a thrid page to this thread when I replied. :doh:

Johann's got the best set of buttons!

Awh thanks Graham! I do have the best row of buttons even if I say so myself!

imgp5699.jpg

From left to right:

• The anti DPF button releasing all the smoke gathered over a few months AT ONCE
  • Park Assist
  • Parking sensors ON (when in a forward gear as they come on automatically with reverse selected)
  • Off Road button
  • Tyre Pressure Monitor
  • Anti slip
  • Front passenger ejector seat - you have to press and hold it for 5 seconds to open the Velux first before it will eject the passenger

And then in the HVAC area:

• SONAR is for use during heavy fog
  • MISSILES might sound like weapons but are in fact little CCTV cameras attached to tiny rockets to send ahead and show me what traffic is doing (they beam the images back to the Bolero)
  • And not shown (but subsequently fitted to the button below the fan speed is INVISIBILITY. Which does not make the whole car invisible alas, but makes my number plates invisible (James Bond style) by rotating the real plates away.

:giggle:

You could do with another button for levitating the car given your recent run of bad close encounters! Hope you get them all sorted soon - I've just one VERY small dent (size of a 1p coin) in the driver's door and it annoys me like hell!

• 2 weeks later...

I also have a spare silver trim set........

Mike

Is this still spare or has anyone else got a trim (of any colour) available?

I fancy attacking it with 3M film of some type; either black wood or carbon fibre.

Is this still spare or has anyone else got a trim (of any colour) available?

I fancy attacking it with 3M film of some type; either black wood or carbon fibre.

I have the large piece of dashboard trim. the small one I painted silver (badly)

Please contact me

see

http://web.me.com/mjayland/Hetty_the_Yeti/Hetty_the_Yeti/Hetty_the_Yeti.html

for pictures of the trim which was replaced by the fake wood trim.