Yeti Owners Google Map. ***Please read***

davehutch

Fantastic thanks for speeding up the delivery of my Monster Dave :giggle:

Interestingly I must have got lost on the way home from York, appear to have gone south rather than east. Long while since I was last in Caen Normandy :rofl: Strange trip that one; long story but it involved D-Day, a Dakota (aircraft and a bar with that name), paratroopers, helicopters, a cocktail party and meeting royalty (unintentionally).

Edit

Oh in the hope of speeding things up with the new Monster I've moved my shiny new Tibetan SM icon to the Kvasiny Skoda factory :yes: :D

Regards,

TP

Edited by The Plumber

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Notice with the new look forum that there's now a Briskodian map tab at the top.

TP

Yep and I've added myself there too! :rofl:

• 2 weeks later...

Well Dave - thank you so much for my squashed Yeti which doesn't seem to have driven off by itself, like some others. Any pain caused by the inept, or even malicious (I sincerely hope not) by moving anything is more than made up for by the usefulness and interest of this, I feel. With all the recent publicity and gathering pace of the extended Yeti family, breeding fast as it is, the map has a limited window of effectiveness really - it is a bit of a measure of our exclusivity. Long live the map!

Well Dave - thank you so much for my squashed Yeti which doesn't seem to have driven off by itself, like some others. Any pain caused by the inept, or even malicious (I sincerely hope not) by moving anything is more than made up for by the usefulness and interest of this, I feel. With all the recent publicity and gathering pace of the extended Yeti family, breeding fast as it is, the map has a limited window of effectiveness really - it is a bit of a measure of our exclusivity. Long live the map!

Thanks for your support. Maybe in time the map will change so it isn't as useful as a "how many of us are there" map, more of a "who has one two streets away from me" map!

There a re quite a few floating yetis on the map that seem to live in the middle of the sea.

Not noticed them when I've been out sailing.

Be pretty cool to see one though!

:yes:

I appear to have been moved off the coast of Cherbourg. I'd love to be there, on a boat going to France. I wish somebody had told meemoticon-0136-giggle.gif

Mike

I appear to have been moved off the coast of Cherbourg. I'd love to be there, on a boat going to France. I wish somebody had told meemoticon-0136-giggle.gif

Mike

Some of them have been "sailing" for a few weeks now, ever since "Micky" moved a load around.

I was just hoping people would check ocassionally and move them back home.

I reckon it's 99% correct

Edited by davehutch

Starting to slow down a bit now, so nudging this thread towards the top again for a while

I got fed up with being moved around so deleted myself last time.

Fred

Dave,

Just added mine, great idea.

Just out of interest how did you create the icons?

Cheers

Ian

as long as you have put your colour the op will place a yeti your colour on your tag

Dave,

Just added mine, great idea.

Just out of interest how did you create the icons?

Cheers

Ian

I did them all in Photoshop. Took a lot of cutting and resizing of the car, but leaving the wheels alone so they stay round

It looks as if someone has moved hmibennett, unless his new Yeti has got lost!

and if you zoom out all the way, Ola's car is not even on the planet!

I managed to find the member's location in their profile and put it back roughly where it belongs!

GeorgeRay

allena

Pete

TJK

Ayrshire1

Bilun777

SK10ODA

stevepk

TG

Val&Tony

are still in the ocean though.

I really can't see why it's so hard for people (some people) to do this, but I'm only spending so much time trying to relocate lost Yetis, it's pretty much up to the owners to have a look once in a while.

I understand if people get fed up with putting their cars back in place, but having said that, there aren't too many out of place.

Edited by davehutch

• 4 weeks later...