Public Holiday on 29th April for Royal Wedding

nokiauk

Time off gratis for Royal Wedding?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Is your employer giving you this date as a public holiday?

• Yes
    • No

Found out today that we are not getting April 29th as a Public Holiday, personally think this is unfair as both Scottish and English government has declared it a national holiday. Apparently though employers are under no legal obligation to give public holidays at all or indeed even pay you for them.

Now I'm not annoyed as I can't see the wedding, not really that fussed but an extra day off gratis would be nice.

So whats other people's employers doing?

Edited by nokiauk

They will be paying me double time to watch the wedding. Or at least watch the crowds watching the wedding

Sounds like you're MPS ;) so you'll get loads of overtime at double time, you lucky blighter!! Where as being in the MDP, I'll either get bugger all, or be standing in Whitehall giving directions to tourists......... :S

I'm taking the 3 days in the middle of that week so that I have 11 consecutive non-working days for the princely sum of 3 days holiday allowance :)

Why good sir, we are both doing the same thing and I'm sure everyone else is who has got the opportunity to! :thumbup:

I do feel sorry for all the good folk whose 5hitty employers refuse to recognise it as a holiday. :'(

I'm taking the 3 days in the middle of that week so that I have 11 consecutive non-working days for the princely sum of 3 days holiday allowance :)

I'm doing the same thing.

Why good sir, we are both doing the same thing and I'm sure everyone else is who has got the opportunity to! :thumbup:

I do feel sorry for all the good folk whose 5hitty employers refuse to recognise it as a holiday. :'(

I am "5hitty" employer who employs 3 staff who couldn't give a toss about a Royal wedding so we will be working that day.

IMHO there are too many public holidays as it is, if we want to get this country back on it's feet we need all the working days we can get

as anybody trying to run a business and keep people in jobs will tell you!

One day off for a wedding that you probably couldn't give a toss about is not a very good option in this economic climate.

If anybody wants the day off either book as holiday or no pay, well see how many people are interested in the wedding then!

Rant over!

We were just discussing today at work (construction site) and considering shutting down for the 11 days. Considering how many people will probably want to take it off not worth running for the drags that are left.

I am "5hitty" employer who employs 3 staff who couldn't give a toss about a Royal wedding so we will be working that day.

IMHO there are too many public holidays as it is, if we want to get this country back on it's feet we need all the working days we can get

as anybody trying to run a business and keep people in jobs will tell you!

One day off for a wedding that you probably couldn't give a toss about is not a very good option in this economic climate.

If anybody wants the day off either book as holiday or no pay, well see how many people are interested in the wedding then!

Rant over!

You should be prime minister taff............... all our worries would be over then as we wouldn't have as many public bank holidays. Our current political powers have obviously got this one wrong, huh, idiots that they are.

And please dont assume that other people don't "give a toss" about the royal wedding just because you don't. :dull:

You should be prime minister taff............... all our worries would be over then as we wouldn't have as many public bank holidays. Our current political powers have obviously got this one wrong, huh, idiots that they are.

And please dont assume that other people don't "give a toss" about the royal wedding just because you don't. :dull:

Because politicians never get anything wrong do they?!

Also I didn't assume anything, I asked my employees if they were bothered.

Edited by taff170

I'll probably take the 3 days in the week, and then I'll be off for two weeks paternity leave, so nearly four weeks in total :yes:

Little girl's due on the 28th April so anytime around then I'll be as nervous as a tomcat on it's way to the vets :o