What Fabia vRS wheels would you choose?

pipsyp

Hi All,

Just trying to get an idea of who likes what when it comes to the Fabia vRS wheel choices. It's quite cool to have the choice of 4 different wheels of the same design, doesnt happen often!

I have to say without doubt I would have the Dark Chrome Gigaros. The standard wheels look to plain, the white ones plainer still (though probably suit a lairy colour option) and i'm really unsure of the silver rim on the black ones; initially i loved them but the more I look at them in the brochure i've gone off them.

The dark chrome wheels are in the same vain as the Charleston Shadows on the 2011 GTD Golf, think they are a lovely wheel, nicer than the Monza Shadow on the GTI

It would have to be silver! Problem with the dark chrome wheels is that as soon as the laquer is chipped water gets underneath and then they go cloudy :thumbdown: costly to have them refurbished in the same way too.

jdskfars89_4bff625ad15d6.jpg

jdskfars87_4bff625a87266.jpg

jdskfars52_4bff62568ad65.jpg

jdskfars35_4bff62531f6fe.jpg

I would go for Silver.

Having seen the Black ones on a vehicle on this forum I went off them, the polished rim ring (IMO) makes them look cheap as they are not all black with black tyres. You have a silver bit showing in between.

People not in the know will think you've kerbed all your wheels. ;)

Just my 2p.

I've opted for black on my blue vrs.

The car at the dealers was blue with black wheels and I thought it looked smart.

Don't know about other wheels as the dealer didn't have any other cars with different coloured wheels so can't comment.

Have to say looking more closely at the above pictures the standard wheels dont actually look too bad on the car. Completely understand that they would be easy to repair in comparison to the others too.

If we get a vRS it will be on a 3 year PCP and I doubt very much that we'll opt to buy it at the end (when the warranty is exhausted and it needs MOTing). I'm hedging my bets that Skoda would swap them under warranty if they corrode during the 3 years anyway, as it would essentially be a manufacuturing defect. I think the black wheels would actually look ace on a black or white car but I really dont like the white wheels; very BMW Mini and not my cup of tea at all, much like the black and white roof options. With the estate i'm planning to get cant have the roof option anyway.

On a slightly different note does anyone know if there is a decent remap out for a vRS yet? I would imagine Revo have one, or at very least is a work in progress?

Hi i must be the only one who likes the white wheels ive ordered rallye green black roof white wheels, rally car style

The white wheels are nice, test drove red with white roof and wheels looked very nice but will be a pain to keep clean.

I ordered Green with black roof and wheels in the end

Hi i must be the only one who likes the white wheels ive ordered rallye green black roof white wheels, rally car style

I do too. Rallye Green, white roof and White wheels on mine. Defo a rally car look! Look forward to seeing pics when you take delivery.

Candy White, Black roof, Dark Chrome Alloys... B)

Looks like we're getting a candy white estate with black chromes! Just got to wait 17 - 23 weeks for the bugger to be built and delivered!

• 1 month later...

Picked up my new Fabia vRS yesterday. Candy White with dark chrome wheels. All 4 of the wheels have corrosion under the lacquer. Brand new car. I am planning to keep the car for a few years, going to try and see if they can be replaced with black gigaros. Otherwise it's an awesome piece of kit.

Problem with the dark chrome wheels is that as soon as the laquer is chipped water gets underneath and then they go cloudy :thumbdown: costly to have them refurbished in the same way too.

Doh! That true? They were gonna be my choice but you've worried me now. :(

ive gone for the Dark Chrome, they look more anthracite than "chrome" in my opion.

I havnt seen any vRS with the Chrome wheels in the flesh yet, apart from mine sitting at the dealership waiting for me to collect it.

Black was a close second when i ordered it.