furby-le

Tyre  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Which brand of tyre for 16" vRS spiders

• Toyo T1-R
    • Yokohama parada spec 2
    • Pirelli Pzero nero
    • Other-please specify in post

Now ive got some 16" octavia spiders i need to sort some good tyres!

Im not sure wether to go for 205/45 or 215/45??

Also which tyre?

Toyo T1-R

Yokohama parada spec 2 ( current tyres in 17" which are VERY good!)

Pirelli Pzero nero

Other

I want a decent tyre with good all weather grip and good wearing, but dont fancy spending £400+ for a set. I do mixed driving, about 10k miles per year, motorway and country roads, any advice is appreciated. :)

Edited by furby-LE

If you did some research in this section, you will find you have missed 2 of the common tyre choices.

Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD3

Uniroyal Rainsport 2

I'd say them or Toyos.

I have Michelin Pilot Exaltos. Pumped up to 34 psi and very good they are too. Really help grip and push the car hard. Have been used to Peugeot 306s gtis + a Rallye. Mind you the car came with these tyres and they are supposed to last longer than the Toyos I used to buy for the French motors.

Falken ZE-912.

Currently using these on my Fabia they give good grip levels on a 14'' wheel

I had these on in the summer and was happy with them. Found they have a soft sidewall (even in a 195/45 profile) and seemed to spin up under power quite easily though.

Currently got UniRoyal RainSports2 - very happy. :yes:

Edited by TriggerFish

Ive had a little look on camskill and tyretraders at prices, but the tyres i listed were the only ones ive seen mentioned or know about, which is why im open to sugestions. I know my parada spec 2's are brilliant around the lanes.

Im also looking at which width too as some tyres are harder to get or more expensive according to the size.

I had these on in the summer and was happy with them. Found they have a soft sidewall (even in a 195/45 profile) and seemed to spin up under power quite easily though.

+1.. using them since autumn - power out = understeer..... :dull: Im sure I'll have more fun with them when its dryer conditions.

Currently got UniRoyal RainSports2 - very happy. :yes:

I've got a set of Ziex 912's, they replaced my Uniroyal Rainsport 2's, not had a problem with the Falkens if anything they have a stronger sidewall then the Rainsports.

But the Rainsports absolutely blew the Falken 912's away in terms of wet grip!

My vote - Uniroyal Rainsport 2's

Another vote for Uniroyal Rainsports - their popularity seems to have made them very hard (and expensive) to find now in Fabia size. I have a pair sat on a pair of kerbed alloys which need checking out for impact damage but if they are OK they'll be back on when I need to change.

Currently have Barum Bravuris on front after insurance repair work, a mid-spec tyre and these are impressive - great value and really can't fault them too much on both wet and dry grip. Think they are Continental's value brand?

Just bought a new Pirelli P Zero Nero to match the rears as one wheel had the original Conti on the back. Seem to do the job fine on the back, was less impressed when I had them on the front but then they were quite low on tread when I had them.

To be honest unless you're really flogging it any mid-high spec tyre is gonna be fine, it's just wear and noise levels that are useful in my opinion. I would never stick budget tyres on a decent car though.

Friends of ours are into racing and the name that always seems to come up is Avon so I did a little research and found that the Avon ZZ3 is the tire recommended for the Fabia MK1 VRS. I some did research on that specific tire and only heard good thing. I purchased a set of 4 and definitely won’t be going back to the standard Continentals, the road noise is less the ride seems smoother and the increase in grip is great in the dry i have given it some stick around roundabouts and I haven’t had it un-sticking. In the wet the tires are even more impressive again giving masses of grip. Although the car will still wheel spin it has great grip in corners.

Edited by Fabia_VRS_988

Toyo's are super sticky... but they just don't last.. at all!

I've got Toyo's on the front (they were on the back when I had 4)... but now on the back I've got Khumo 31's, and TBH, haven't noticed a difference yet and they're a tenner cheaper and will hopefully last longer.

That, and they're quieter than the Toyo's.

I've had Pzero's on the front of the Fab and I really like them (and they seem cheaper than Toyo's at the moment). They grip well and have a stiff side wall. I had Eagle F1 asymetric on before and found the sidewalls very soft and not confidence inspiring. I've had Toyo T1R's fitted all round on the Octy and I'm not that impressed with the grip levels provided.

Michelin, mine have been on for about 20k now and still about 3-4mm left all round, if you buy cheaper ones you will just replace them twice as often, and with the better grip that Michelins have they are a no brainer

T1-R's on my Ibiza, running 215/40 on standard wheels.

I have no issue with traction with 380lb.ft in the dry.. 0-60ft times of 2 seconds dead, and my 0-60mph time would seem to agree...

As above, dont last long... ive destroyed the outside walls around Cadwell in under 200 miles before :/

Ive just gone for the hankook evo 12 too i think they are quick good i only went for them as i@ve always toyos and the hankooks are ment to last a bit longer but we'll see

Edited by big_sarg