Shark Group Buy - now closed

opentoideas

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow what can i say quick turn around Ben, sent my map around 6ish and got my remap at 9:30 and i've just fitted it and by god doesn't it make a difference, Top work guys and i cant thank every one involved enough for making this deal possible :thumbup:

Map loaded and first run to work looks promising, will see after a few fill ups.

Many thanks to you all for arranging, supporting and participating in the group buy!!

And yes, fast turn around :-)

It was a toss up between the bike and the car this morning..... Re-mapped the car and it won. Drove to work, oodles of power round the 2.5k mark, but very sensible MPG when pootling along. Most pleased. A very useful mod. Thanks again!

Ditto - maybe ours are getting special treatment?! :rofl:

:rofl: I dont even have mine yet - but I have got some other bits coming from Ben with it so I doubt mine is coming special delivery.

just hope I get it by the weekend :giggle:

you got your maps quick! I emailed mine at 11am :'(

Ditto - maybe ours are getting special treatment?! :rofl:

Sent mine at 12.30ish so I'm gonna be way back....... :'( seriously not too bothered gone for years without a map sure little longer won't hurt :yes:

There has to be one, and I'm it:

When installing STS it says read ECU before I get to choosing the car part. So, then when connecting to car it says no ECU found, check power, cables and connection...

Help?

Error occurred during

ECU connection

process

03 03 7F 27 37

Connected STS to the PC and erased it, chosen the correct car / ECU, it was setup for pre-FL octy vrs with the TFSI engine and mine is FL with the TSi engine.

Hooked it up and got further but now i have a new error:

Error occurrred

connecting to ECU

01 01

5 hour drive to Mansfield me thinks :) :p

Have you got an aftermarket head unit? The k line i think its called stops the STS gettin throu to your ecu. Doesnt do it with OEMradios. Its one of the wires that comes out the back that needs the snip (this is what ben said i needed to do with mine)

10/10 for shark!! Thanks again Ben for all your help!!

Edited by VRSid

Its alot better than the standard map, so much smoother, none of that huge lump of power coming at once then goings. Its now a nice smooth power all the way through the rev range making the car more enjoyable to drive and alot quicker lol. Another bonus is that i seem to be getting better MPG!!

Its alot better than the standard map, so much smoother, none of that huge lump of power coming at once then goings. Its now a nice smooth power all the way through the rev range making the car more enjoyable to drive and alot quicker lol. Another bonus is that i seem to be getting better MPG!!

that nicely sums up what I am expecting :thumbup:

cant wait to get mine :rofl:

hope the weather holds up so I can have a play :giggle:

Oh and 'Mute' you might want to read this :S http://www.sharkperformance.co.uk/news/article.asp?id=129

Cheers for that fella, I phoned Ben earlier on. Me connecting with the wrong firmware caused the ecu to lock out. 40 mins drive will get the ecu to unlock itself... Going to do that now, and connect with the right firmware next time :-)

Map successfully downloaded from the car... So if anyone else does what i did, wipe the STS, install the right firmware, drive for 40 mins then connect the STS :thumbup:

My stickers came in the post today, thanks Ben :thumbup:

Has anyone apart from d7gum actually received their modified map yet? :S

Not had mine yet, emailed original map this time on 6th. Not had stickers yet.