Shark Group Buy - now closed

opentoideas

Just keep out fingers crossed the sts devices arent made in japan :o

Coming from Italy emoticon-0144-nod.gif

Patience people. I know it's difficult, but after partaking in the first GB of these, I know Ben will do his utmost to get these out to you as quickly as possible.

Hang in there, it's worth the wait emoticon-0148-yes.gif

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coming from Italy emoticon-0144-nod.gif

Patience people. I know it's difficult, but after partaking in the first GB of these, I know Ben will do his utmost to get these out to you as quickly as possible.

Hang in there, it's worth the wait emoticon-0148-yes.gif

I dont doubt Ben will do his best, I'm not complaining. I just know that where I work is having difficulties at 70% of the parts we use come from japan. I know where the sts devices come from ;) , but what about the parts inside :p

....... but what about the parts inside :p

awww now that was just cruel :rofl: as if its not painfull enough without thoughts like that :giggle:

with a 2 week turnaround from a supplier in Italy they must have the components on the shelf..... :S

its never fun to wait but it will be so good when it comes. :thumbup:

Any idea if (and when!) there is likely to be another group buy?

I take it I am 20 days too late to join in with this one! (?)

Yeah, plus one!

Not been on the forum for some time, came to have a look here for group buy potential and blood missed it!

I gather there were no drop outs and all the spaces were filled?

Yeah, plus one!

Not been on the forum for some time, came to have a look here for group buy potential and blood missed it!

I gather there were no drop outs and all the spaces were filled?

there were a few drop outs but the buy was held open until all the payments were in - I think we ended up with about 45 in the end.

since all of the payments have been made and the units are going to be shipped any day its unlikely that anyone would want to back out now.

there were a few drop outs but the buy was held open until all the payments were in - I think we ended up with about 45 in the end.

since all of the payments have been made and the units are going to be shipped any day its unlikely that anyone would want to back out now.

No worries, completely my fault for not keepin an eye on the forum!

What sort of assortment of stickers do you/they have? Want couple on side panels if poss. :D

not a clue I'm afraid, Ben did say he was sending stickers with them but not sure what exactly. I have mentioned your question so hopefully he will clarify.

I know Ben has been chasing the manufacturer as they were late on the last group buy and he didnt want the same this time and built in extra time to make sure it wasnt an issue....

It seems tht the manufacturer have had some faulty screens which is why the delay.

I know that Ben is frustrated as he gave us these timescales in good faith and it makes him look bad when he is let down by a supplier especially when its not something he can control.

it looks like they will be in to Ben on Monday/Tuesday.

hang in there and I will let you know when they are in. I know it is a pain but its not like these are off the shelf items. I am sure everyone understands :thumbup:

Theres a remap poll in this thread guys, Very shark performance orientated on this forum, others forums seem to have their favourites

My linky

Or is that just indicative of those who have replied on here? :)

Or is that just indicative of those who have replied on here? :)

Well it’s about a year old so I would guess it is heavily influenced by the last STS group buy :)

It’s interesting to see how popular Shark are here though. You expect a slight bias but it’s fairly polarised on that survey.

When I was searching around for a map the thing that struck me was the number of people that had several different maps before getting one from Shark and keeping it :giggle:

If you just want the biggest number on a dyno printout to show your mates down the pub then there seem to be better options but I am looking forward to getting this map as the consensus I found was that for usable power and drivability the Shark map was top of the pile :thumbup:

any update of if the units have arrived yet :p im buzzin for it :p

tell me about it!

they should now be on the way to Shark after the delay mentioned a couple of posts ago.

I will let you know when they come in but they are expected Monday/Tuesday. once they come in Ben is sending them out special delivery so you should start getting them sometime through next week.

I will keep the thread upddated with new information as it happens :thumbup:

I have had notification of shipping and they should land in the office on Monday. Therefore, expect delivery through Wednesday and Thursday.

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank you all for your patience and we can get down to some serious mapping next week!!

I've just had a thought - do you need Windows to use the STS?

I had always imagined the STS would just come up as an external storage device for you to copy the files to/from, but looking at a video of someone using it on YouTube, it looks like you have to use some proprietary software to communicate with it...?

I use Ubuntu at home, and at work, and don't easily have access to a Windows machine...

I don't live far from Mansfield, and was planning to drive down there to get it anyway, so hopefully it won't matter... I guess that once it's set up you don't need to plug the STS into your computer at all?

Man i remember when Linux was a niche, now everyone uses it :-) It's all good.

If it needs to be run in Windoze, WINE probably isn't up to the job right now (although i know USB support has been checked in for a while now). But, it's pretty trivial to load up a Windows image in virtualbox and USB works mostly fine from there.

I doubt linux users will have to struggle too much. Now what about Solaris users on SPARC workstations... :-P

I've got a sun 4 solaris box somewhere and intel still use them for semiconductor design :-).

I'll virtualise a tinyxp and pass USB then from slack or puppy.

I have had notification of shipping and they should land in the office on Monday. Therefore, expect delivery through Wednesday and Thursday.

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank you all for your patience and we can get down to some serious mapping next week!!

just to let you all know - they did arrive today as planned :party: :party: :party: :party:

this is going to be a good week :thumbup: