" How many Hours a Week do you Work "

Do you Work, Days, Nights, Shifts, Long/short Days or what:-

Me, I work shifts.

I work on a 12 Week roster, sat/sun in with the working Week. Week starts on a Sunday. I get decent time off as Rest Days are grouped together,2days one week, 3 the next = 5days off (Fri, Sat, Sun, Mon, Tues,)

Some weeks work 50+ hours some weeks less than 20

Suits me fine.

Edited by Auric Goldfinger

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Monday to Friday 3pm till about 2am so about 55hrs a week, so much for the working time directive of avarage 48hr week, don't you just love POA's :rofl:

I work 5 over 7 alternating earlies and backs.

Contracted for 7h48 per day 39hrs/week. With local agreement that shifts can be extended to, But not beyond 8h15.

Anything over 7h48 is paid at the OT rate. Either weekday, Weekend or Public holiday rate.

A bonus is there are still a few 7 hour shifts, And a paid break!

One day off and one working rest day per week in a pattern that gives a long weekend (Fri, Sat, Sun & Mon) every fifth week!

5 weeks holidays in a pre determined 10 year cycle plus 8 Public holidays!

I'm contracted for 37.5, but I guess it works out nearer 40-50. As I work from home a lot, I always feel that I need to do more hours to justify it. Sad, aren't I? Working in a big international. IT company, I have the Indians mailing me from 3 am and the Americans until late evening. I sometimes have to turn off my Blackberry to stop myself emailing until bedtime.

Phil

As little as possible if I'm honest ......................

I do 9.30 til 4.45 in the day job unless covering staff holidays which can be up until 8ish in the evening

Then I take on IT work in the evening which can mean out until 10.30 ish and up until 2-3am some nights.

Pays the bills ;)

I work 12 hour shifts, 7am to 7pm, four days on then four days off.

Averages out at 42 hours per week.

Obviously that means I work quite a lot of weekends (exactly half of all weekends infact) but the four days off makes up for it!

I go to work up to 37 hours a week, and refuse any overtime.

My shifts include 4 am starts and 0015 finishes.

As far as working goes I don't actually do any, because I am so good at my job, and so admired, the minions do my work for me.

Varies between 30-39hrs a week, but I'm currently working Sun 10-5, Mon 7.30-1, Tues 7.30-1, Weds 7.30-1 and Thurs 7.30-4.30. I'm on a 30hrs per week contract in retail and only get a 30mins unpaid lunch break

Edited by chrisw880

Monday to Friday 3pm till about 2am so about 55hrs a week, so much for the working time directive of avarage 48hr week, don't you just love POA's :rofl:

Oh yes it makes a complete farce of the WTD!!

Mine varies between 40hrs (rarely happens) - 70hrs per week, but always seem to work out less than the 48hrs WTD maximum :dull:

My working week is Mon to Fri - 9am to 5pm, however:-

1) The latest I've got into the office this week was 8am

2) We don't get an official lunch break as the company buys our lunch and we tend to eat at our desks

3) I take work home and probably average 1 hour a night answering e-mails

4) We have offices in France, Germany, Spain, India, Middle East, Australia, USA all with their own working hours so my mobile can ring at ANY time

5) I still love it and get very well 'looked after' :thumbup:

Forgot to add the time I "work" on this site, numerous hours put in here each week.........Doesn't pay any bills :dull:

Just think of all the respect and adulation you get though :rofl:

I actually work longer hours than I am paid for, unlike many :'(

I hope you're not sleeping with the boss! B)

Oh my god no..................................................he's not my type :giggle:

I've only been with the company since May 2010 but in that time I've had a pay rise, a paid night out for my family and numerous other perks :)

Edited by Jono76

Stop moaning Auric, you know what the railways like! :giggle:

My shift pattern, all 12 hour shifts, Sundays as overtime:

Sun, Mon, Tue, Wed, nights

Thur, Fri, Sat, Sun, Mon, Tue, Wed, off

Thur, Fri, Sat, Sun, days

Mon, Tue, Wed, off

Thurs, Fri, Sat, nights

Sun off

Mon, Tue, Wed, days

Thur, Fri, Sat, off

(14 shifts in 28 days)

then back to the start again,

So longest week is 48 hours, and legally we cannot work more than 72 hours in any 7 day period.