Skoda Badges - white worm!?

Ziggy

Hi All,

Loving our Yeti (May 2010 1.2SE) but noticed yesterday when I was shutting the boot that the rear badge had some marks on it. Sort of a white worm effect and underneath the laquer. I checked the front and it wasnt as bad but it had one mark and another that looked like it was beginning.

Anyone else had the same problems?

Cheers

Ziggy

Hi All,

Loving our Yeti (May 2010 1.2SE) but noticed yesterday when I was shutting the boot that the rear badge had some marks on it. Sort of a white worm effect and underneath the laquer. I checked the front and it wasnt as bad but it had one mark and another that looked like it was beginning.

Cheers

Ziggy

Yes, 5 month old Yeti, ...dealer said a common problem which will be changed under warranty.

Mine exhibits the symptoms you describe..probably moisture getting under the plastic outer skin.

I think others on this forum have had them changed more than once.

I assume the front badge is prone to same problem (same manufacturing process).

I remember someone reporting a faulty batch with discoloured/tarnished outer chrome ring.

As the 'Skoda' badge you would think they would upgrade it or do a better quality check on it!!! I assume the edges of the badge are not being

properly sealed as outer area mainly affected.

Edited by kibby

Mines going as well, both front and back 7 months old, must have been a bad batch.

Mind you this has been going on for years, Bought my wife a new fabia in 2000, and the badge on that went at about 2 year, was replaced and the replacement itself went agin at 4 years. Left it after that as I couldn't see the point in changing it again at my cost,

Our badge is also whitening as did the one on a Fabia we had. Looks like Skoda need to address this issue!

Edited by survey

i've started a poll to see if we can collate some results.

Tailgate badge poll

harry is suffering from the dreaded white worm too.

he's only 7 1/2 months old

quite badly judging by the others i looked at today.

going to show it to the dealer when i'm in there next and hopefully it will be replaced

Edited by YetiClive

Looks like quite a common problem.

I think that I might wait to claim new ones until I see what the rebranded badges are released later this year. Apparently the corporate logo will change at some time this year.

• 3 months later...

New rear badge fitted this week under warranty, dealer said it's been accepted there is a fault, so get in there and get them changed for free.

P.S. they also valeted the SM as well.

Hi All,

Cheers

Ziggy

Hi All,

Cheers

Ziggy

SWMBO would like the idea of the whole badge being obliterated. Loves the Yeti but can't shift the old prejudices of the Skoda name . Perhaps we should have some YETI badges made of our own!

Bohica

Mine is dodgy but I will wait until it gets serviced in a couple of months to get it sorted. Do they change it to the new Skoda logo or do you get the old style still?

Mine was done very recently and it's the old style (Silver, Black and Green)

On my new car, I noticed that the wheel badges had a clear protective film on them and assumed (always dangerous) they were for transit protection reasons and should have been removed at PDI. The bonnet & tailgate badges had no such film.

Same problem with my rear badge. :'(

Same issue with my rear badge. OK up until end of April then the worm appeared. Getting it replaced under warranty on Wednesday. advised it should be 1/2hr while u wait repair.

Edited by PALIMAN

• 3 weeks later...

harry went to the garage today and now has a gleaming new tailgate badge under warranty.

thanx skoda

A bit like the thread about the wheel nut covers!!

I suppose that if this is the only thing we have to complain about it goes to show how really utterly damned good the Yeti is!!

A bit like the thread about the wheel nut covers!!

I suppose that if this is the only thing we have to complain about it goes to show how really utterly damned good the Yeti is!!

i quite agree :)