East Midlands Meet - Tuesday 29th March 2011 - Junc 28 M1

Brimma

The next monthly meet for the East Midlands lot!

Venue: The Snipe at Sutton, Alfreton Road, Sutton in Ashfield, Nottinghamshire NG17 1JE (just off the A38 off M1 J28 heading towards Mansfield) - See here for a map

For those using sat nav - if you put in 295 Alfreton Road, you'll be about 150 yds away from the pub

Date: Tuesday 29th March 2011

Time: 7:30pm

All welcome

Excellent attendance at the February meet - we even had two West Yorkshire folk visit us, when they eventually found it :rofl:

Seriously though, was good to see Chris and Alan making the journey :thumbup:

Ben was on hand, as ever, to share his knowledge and offer help to those in need, mainly Mark again, who managed to prevent Ben attending in January :dull:

And thanks for taking the trouble to check mine out Ben - much appreciated

Impressive torch array on display - John as usual, insisted his was bigger and better than everyone else's, but the jury is still out on that one

Feel free to cut and paste the list if attending

Brimma - black Mk2 Octavia vRS estate

Edited by Brimma

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Impressive torch array on display - John as usual, insisted his was bigger and better than everyone else's, but the jury is still out on that one

The verdict was actually unanimous as Brimma's 900 lumen (in his dreams) £15 effort didn't quite make it to the starting blocks due to it self combusting and WaveyDavey's 270 lumen (chinese) special with additional infra red capability was just a pale effort by comparison. Dave did try to justify his purchase by saying it was half the price though - cheapskate. :wonder:

Oggy did manage to provide a bit of competition (in the short range stakes) but was also outshone in the main event! That just left Brimma with his backup torch which of course was an equal in every aspect - well it would be considering it was another P7 wouldn't it Bryan? :p

The verdict was actually unanimous as Brimma's 900 lumen (in his dreams) £15 effort didn't quite make it to the starting blocks due to it self combusting and WaveyDavey's 270 lumen (chinese) special with additional infra red capability was just a pale effort by comparison. Dave did try to justify his purchase by saying it was half the price though - cheapskate. :wonder:

Oggy did manage to provide a bit of competition (in the short range stakes) but was also outshone in the main event! That just left Brimma with his backup torch which of course was an equal in every aspect - well it would be considering it was another P7 wouldn't it Bryan? :p

Sorry what did all that say?

I started reading, then lost the will to live, but what I did take in seems to back up my original comment :p

I'm on nights for this one so...... See you all in April for what will be the April meet / Ange's birthday. emoticon-0148-yes.gif Apart from those we see at the Yorks meet in March. emoticon-0105-wink.gif

Cheers

Dave.

Mine was brighter B)

With mine being having a larger case & reflector, the light was designed for flood not spot, so to light up the width of a trail as much as possible ;) .

Date: Tuesday 22nd February 2011

Ben was on hand, as ever, to share his knowledge and offer help to those in need, mainly Mark again, who managed to prevent Ben attending in January :dull:

eeerrrrrr Bryan, its Tuesday 22nd MARCH :p

and secondly it wasnt my fault this time it was Ben that wanted to perform open heart surgery in the middle of a dark carpark. I actually had a legit booking at his workshop on Saturday but Ben wanted to re-arrange so kindly offered to do the work there and then. I didnt even know about it till I turned up :rofl: (thanks Ben)

Brimma - black Mk2 Octavia vRS estate

Softscoop - Black Fabia vRS

Vrsadz - fabia vrs

Octimark - Black Mk2 Octavia

eeerrrrrr Bryan, its Tuesday 22nd MARCH :p

eeerrrrrr Mark (and eeerrrrrr Bryan), it's actually Tuesday 29th MARCH :rofl: :rofl:

Alright, alright, so I left the date as 22nd February in the first post :doh:

I did get the date right in the thread title, and in my sig, so you're really both just nitpicking :p

I go to a lot of trouble in my own time to update the monthly meets, all of 5 minutes probably, so stop taking the piss :S

Just for future reference the meet is indeed the LAST Tuesday of the month, not the fourth Tuesday of every month - please bear that in mind, unless you want to 'do a damo' :thumbup:

• 3 weeks later...

I could possibly make this meeting as the contract we was doing has run its time. No more nights away. (in the Gay area of Brighton, Dukes Mound). I have been in the Wagon watching TV when a knock knock on the door, have had women knocking but never men, its scary.

Have booked the day off so will come. Chrisrs might be along too :thumbup:

1,Brimma - black Mk2 Octavia vRS estate

2,Softscoop - Black Fabia vRS

3,Vrsadz - fabia vrs

4,Octimark - Black Mk2 Octavia

5, bluvrs2 ( what it says on the tin! )

Chris is a deffo as well , and Andy, Auric Goldfinger is a strong possibility :thumbup:

3,Vrsadz - fabia vrs

6,ChrisRs - riding shotgun

7, Auric Goldfinger- wifes( although he says its his :giggle:) Fabia 2 vrs

Chris is a deffo as well , and Andy, Auric Goldfinger is a strong possibility :thumbup:

3,Vrsadz - fabia vrs

7, Auric Goldfinger- wifes( although he says its his :giggle:) Fabia 2 vrs

Alan, I let her think it's her's................................It keeps the peace emoticon-0144-nod.gif

I'll add to the list then :)

I also have a nice 1,000,00 candle power torch which i may bring along!

3,Vrsadz - fabia vrs

7, Auric Goldfinger- wifes( although he says its his ) Fabia 2 vrs

8, Sime 1.8t - Race blue Octavia vRS

I also have a nice 1,000,00 candle power torch which i may bring along!

We're also doing the stamina test this month so we'll see how it compares after it's been left on for just 15 minutes then! :p

3,Vrsadz - fabia vrs

9. john999boy - car with tractor tyres maybe - thanks Wavey!

We're also doing the stamina test this month so we'll see how it compares after it's been left on for just 15 minutes then! :p

3,Vrsadz - fabia vrs

9. john999boy - car with tractor tyres maybe - thanks Wavey!

You can come in the bee-em to this one as i'm working down in Stoke next week. emoticon-0105-wink.gif

Cheers

Dave.