Had some VCDS changes done this morning!

I guess you will have to do this come MOT time as my understanding is that all new cars in the UK have to have a means of telling the speed in MPH and KPH as a legal requirement.

You have to have the ABILITY to show both, both however do not have to be show .... there is a difference, it takes a couple of seconds on the maxidot to re-enable it anyway :thumbup:

A previous car of mine, Mazda RX-8, has a digital speedo that you could change between mph and km/h at the push of a button, so impossible to have both showing (and, of course, irrelevant). I'd be very surprised if it was an MoT requirement though? Construction and Use regulations perhaps?

Hi guys,

Just taken delivery of new Yeti last week - 2.0 TDI DSG 4x4 and like others here would like the mph showing, would love to have the sweeping needle, and wouldn't say no to the fogs for coming/leaving home lights instead of xenons.

I am in Leicester - had a look at the VCDS map but Hauptmann hasn't been active for quite a while now - can anyone else help me please.

Desperately hoping....

btw car is absolutely gorgeous and blowing my mind!!!

Great to meet you this afternoon. I'm surprised at how straight forwards coding your Yeti was. Not so lucky with tewebacca's octavia :doh:

Happy you're pleased with the changes. I'm so hoping I can get the staging on the Roomster!!

cheers

J5

Hey there J5 you beat me to it!!

Was really great meeting you this afternoon too and very grateful to you for tweeking the Yeti. Good luck with the Roomster - keep me posted how you get on.

J5 was able to get the digital mph display, the needles sweeping (staging), and changed the coming/leaving home lights from xenon to fogs.

J5 is a really charming and friendly guy, and I can recommend him to anyone in the Leics & surrounding area who needs to use his expertise/services.

I shall certainly be asking his advice/help in future, and hope to get to one of the meets to catch up with him and meet other charming skoda owners.

Hi to tewebacca great meeting you too - shame J5 couldn't get your octavia sorted out.

Thanks once again J5

Lest I forget, big thank you to Gizmo68 and all the others for the instructions on this thread and elsewhere on the forum!!! :thumbup: :thumbup:

Where would we be without you all?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Many thanks to simonsheil for doing my Staging, Cornering Fogs, Big MPH and Coming Home (to fogs).

It's absolutely brilliant to find a complete stranger who is prepared to give up some of their weekend time to do something for you (and FOC!).

Really nice to meet you Simon and many thanks again for your help - may have been a little thing for you to do but I am really chuffed!

(and FOC!).

Gizmo68 always gets a bottle of something from me for his time. Sometimes even two. :giggle: So not FOC in my case as I value his time and effort.

If you have the display changed from KPH to MPH do you then have the choice of either display, or do you loose the option of KPH. I have a relative in Aachen so sometimes I do need KPH. Also I am confused about tourist mode. Does it just stop the headlights turning or does it also mean I would not need sticky beam deflectors? :mmm:

You have the choice of either a small KPH or the large MPH.

Tourist mode 'flatbeams' the headlights so you do not dazzle oncoming cars (no beam deflectors needed), you do loose the AFS when tourist mode is activated though.

Tourist mode 'flatbeams' the headlights so you do not dazzle oncoming cars (no beam deflectors needed), you do loose the AFS when tourist mode is activated though.

Had to look up what AFS meant - do you know whether it's the AFS2 system which I've seen mentioned elsewhere in the Forum?

Thank you :thumbup:

• 3 weeks later...

My thanks to Domhnall, a true Gent, for VCDS changes made today:

Fogs instead of Xenons for Leaving / Coming Home

Large MPH Display in Maxidot

Staging (needle sweep upon ignition on)

Seatbelt warning (turn off)

Telephone Connection beep (turn off)

One-touch (comfort) indicators from 3 to 5 flashes

Hazard lights on for emergency braking

Headlight wash frequency changed from 4 to 10 sweeps

Heated rear winscreen & mirrors setting changed from 10 to 15 mins

• Like 1

Well it wasn't enabled on arkaig's. The brake light flashing was but I also enabled the hazards. Nice to meet arkaig too, sorry it had tone rushed in the end but work was calling. Not touched the choccies yet.... Must resist!

What's the coding for that one to check?

Don't have VCDS on just now to check but from memory it is in module 9 and pretty obvious as you go through the long coder

Just done another Yeti (fresh from the dealer) and we discovered that the MPH function is key dependent. ie I enabled it on the car but then if you use the other ignition key it has to be enabled again via Maxidot. The car is still set to be Australian but the units default back to metric and the speedo is not enabled. You need to go back in to maxidot and tick the right boxes again.