Photography Thread

Tas

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

A couple of mobile phone shots.

The interesting thing about this first one is that it was taken through glass and it was so dark that I could only just make out the gateway!

No editing other than auto stuff from the camera.

Night.thumb.jpg.a2dc3bbeb0ce76a9f665cc3ed7b6980d.jpg

This one was taken looking towards New Brighton lighthouse with the Liverpool 2 Container Terminal cranes poking through the fog.

Lighthouse.thumb.jpg.4668bc03cb4e73c7524bc9c5b5394ee4.jpg

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, john999boy said:

The interesting thing about this first one is that it was taken through glass and it was so dark that I could only just make out the gateway!

Night.thumb.jpg.a2dc3bbeb0ce76a9f665cc3ed7b6980d.jpg

This one was taken looking towards New Brighton lighthouse with the Liverpool 2 Container Terminal cranes poking through the fog.

Lighthouse.thumb.jpg.4668bc03cb4e73c7524bc9c5b5394ee4.jpg

Where was the top one taken John SWMBO wants to know?

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 20/01/2020 at 20:36, john999boy said:

My daughter has a huawei P30 Pro and has put her very good digital camera aside in preference....what method do you use to put your results online and/or keep them stored off of the phone?

On 20/01/2020 at 20:36, john999boy said:

1 minute ago, mrcrow said:

what method do you use to put your results online and/or keep them stored off of the phone?

As I use a Google phone I've got unlimited Google storage. Sadly not in the native resolution since the 4's came out but at least they're still in HD.

The other reason for choosing this phone was to try and get some Milky Way photos which it supposedly excels at. Only if the stars line up though regarding location and conditions lol. :o

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Zlin said:

Taken over at Arbroath yesterday.

Arbroath-a.jpg

Nice shot, something about fishing ports, seaside shots. I sometimes go out togging with a mate and invariably end up by the water somewhere.

• Like 1

Today was spent mucking around again with the Canon EOS 400D that I bought last year, it's 14 years old and the 1st digital SLR I've owned. I haven't used it a lot really but noticed that the colours were a bit dull/dark compared with images from modern digital cameras and phones. I had a bit of a look on google and found some folks saying that they thought the images produced with this type of camera seemed a bit underexposed. I found some settings that people had settled on, so I experimented a bit this morning and tweaked them a little more to get something  I'm happier with. So the photos are of a local Pictish standing stone - hope you can see the circles carved into it, and some photos taken in Perth in the afternoon. (The images don't seem sharp as they are shown below, but if you click on them, the image comes up in another window and is a bit sharper. Not sure what I'm doing hahaha.)

IMG_0907.JPG

IMG_0930.JPG

IMG_1049.JPG

IMG_1077.JPG

IMG_1097.JPG

Edited by Zlin
  • Like 4

Good efforts particularly like the last shot. My 760D tended to be a bit overexposed. Messed about with the settings used shutter priority rather than full auto which improved things. Also tweaking post processing to enhance the shot helps

• Like 1