Photography Thread

Tas

10 hours ago, mrcrow said:

48188816811_2b74faa0c9_c.jpgshere-khan by geof worrall, on Flickr

down in the jungle swinging on a rope...along came a tiger...no joke

ranthambore tiger reserve...india...this one is stalking sika deer right across our path...we are in an open jeep

we stop

i tell the driver...keep the engine running,walla

he says t'kai sahib

Quality shot Geof.

Took this one tonight.

8F5648EF-AEC7-4B29-B3EA-8163757CDF36.jpeg

Edited by B33fy
  • Like 1

On 04/07/2020 at 01:09, B33fy said:

Picked up a 5D4 yesterday. Found a manifold to use as a model and had a quick go..

996FC6AB-D291-4574-BD05-5EF606D86935.jpeg

That's a very nice camera. Any chance of the EXIF data on the shot, or a copy of the original somewhere like flickr :) 

5 hours ago, Lady Elanore said:

That's a very nice camera. Any chance of the EXIF data on the shot, or a copy of the original somewhere like flickr :) 

Thanks Amanda, if you fancy the 90D let me know, after MPB trade in price for it.

Linkage to original here. 

First shot with a 5D4

I used a couple of studio strobes, one with barn doors and blue acetate, the other with a long soft box and grid.

Edited by B33fy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Lady Elanore said:

nice lens too :) 

Thanks Amanda, decided to go for it a little while ago and picked up the 24-70 and 70-200, absolutely no regrets, as you say glass is everything! Can’t get enough of the bokeh, though I’m sure the novelty will wear off at some point. I didn’t bother with completing the trinity with the 16-35 as I tend to go the other way with sports and the 100-400, which gets a lot of use.

Trying to avoid the temptation to get anymore gear, though quite fancy a macro, some battery strobes, a 1DX3.... lol 

Edited by B33fy

I use my 70-200mm with a 1.4tc, which gives me 280mm at f4 on my 5D3 and 448mm (or near enough) at f4 on my trusty 7D2. Its still pretty sharp with the TC on thankfully. I find the 100-400mm isn't fast enough for me in anything other than really strong sunlight.  The new 5R looks very interesting indeed as does the 6R (specs just released in the last couple of days). Way out of my price point these days, but if I can get myself back on track financially once  the world goes back to some sort of normalcy, it might be on the cards :) 

Edited by Lady Elanore
B33fy pointed out my F stop error on the 5Diii figure

On 07/07/2020 at 00:29, Lady Elanore said:

I use my 70-200mm with a 1.4tc, which gives me 280mm at f2.8 on my 5D3 and 448mm (or near enough) at f4 on my trusty 7D2. Its still pretty sharp with the TC on thankfully. I find the 100-400mm isn't fast enough for me in anything other than really strong sunlight.  The new 5R looks very interesting indeed as does the 6R (specs just released in the last couple of days). Way out of my price point these days, but if I can get myself back on track financially once  the world goes back to some sort of normalcy, it might be on the cards :) 

That’s interesting, thought you lost a stop regardless with a converter. I struggle with the 100-400 when snapping the rugby in fading winter light, otherwise it’s good for Motorsport, panning at slow shutter speed mostly, though I prefer the 70-200 if I can get away with shorter reach. Thankfully it didn’t cost me too much to upgrade, MPB are good and new 5D4 was a grey import.

R5 looks good, nice spec too! Probably big price. Might go mirrorless one day, though want to grow into and get the most out of the 5D first. Not keen on changing lenses as well, not sure how well the mirrorless work with the EF system. As you Amanda, COVID came along and messed up my life plan figuratively speaking that is.. I’ve Just retired at 55 and looking to move, so not keen on spending too many penny’s, might have to look to returning to work while the world sorts itself out. All the best with getting through this.

I’ll finish with another shot from Hastings..

Hastings Old Town Beach

Edited by B33fy
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Lady Elanore said:

Sorry I reduced the stop for the 7Dii but not the 5Diii figure, You are correct and I've amended the error in my post 

No worries Amanda, thought I was missing a trick with the 5D.. would stick one on my wish list if so!

Had a chat with a pro snapper at a footie match last night and he was brandishing a 1DX3 and the new 400m. He seriously rated the kit. Said the autofocus was stunning and he wasn't interested in mirrorless, as the viewfinder blackout in cameras like the Sony would stop him tracking the action (the 1DX is pretty short in blackout). I was surprised as I didn't think blackout was an issue with mirrorless? 

He could lift the whole thing with his little finger (hooked around the tripod foot) as the new lens is incredibly light. Don't know if I would have lifted £18K of kit with my little finger to make the point though :D 

5 hours ago, Lady Elanore said:

Had a chat with a pro snapper at a footie match last night and he was brandishing a 1DX3 and the new 400m. He seriously rated the kit. Said the autofocus was stunning and he wasn't interested in mirrorless, as the viewfinder blackout in cameras like the Sony would stop him tracking the action (the 1DX is pretty short in blackout). I was surprised as I didn't think blackout was an issue with mirrorless? 

He could lift the whole thing with his little finger (hooked around the tripod foot) as the new lens is incredibly light. Don't know if I would have lifted £18K of kit with my little finger to make the point though :D 

Wasn’t aware of the blackout issue either, thought the screen stayed on.. Quite liked the idea of a 1DX3 but I’m not a pro and it would be so ATGNI and OTT.

I didn't know of this either, but it's the reason he said he wasn't interested in the new R5 (although I don't know if that suffers from the black put issue?) The weird thing is that DSLR have a blackout already, so it makes you wonder how long the mirrorless on is. He must be talking about using a mechanical shutter on a mirrorless

couple of garden shots taken today with my samsing A20e.

20200709_130858.thumb.jpg.d1f17e63aa4083e0b6f1bf2acb616e92.jpg

taken by my 5yr old, who asked to borrow my camera for a minute, after staring up into the burch for a few mins...

look closely he got a decent shot of a fledging sitting on a branch :)

• Like 4