Fabia refurb underway, project 1.8T

Tech1e

Extreme cleaning :)

9CF51C04-36CC-410A-921C-6068FC3FCF9F-767-0000005A473D4681_zpscf3763da.jpg

Bleeding hard work but doors all on

944DFC9A-3C16-43E1-B207-768A29505CC3-767-0000005A525445A9_zpsa89a893f.jpg

Couple of small niggles, interior light no longer works off the drivers door. Think it's the catch, of course I have a spare off my old door but the pain is the drivers door wasn't the original door off the 03 plate donor as the regulator is rivited on and the other three were bolted, plus the door was originally black. Also the n/s/r exterior handle seems loose, as before got loads of spares just need to strip the door down but fitting them and swapping over the components on the front was enough for one afternoon.

• 5 weeks later...

where did you get the orange skoda badge from ?

It was custom made.......by me

how did you get these out? and what did u use to spray the interior and exterior parts?

you need to heat the units with a heat gun/hair dryer until the glue gives up and the clear section separates from the main bit.

the insert then comes out and youcan spray it with whatever spray paint you like.

once dry, put the insert back in, reheat/add new glue and stick back together.

• Like 1

It was custom made.......by me

you need to heat the units with a heat gun/hair dryer until the glue gives up and the clear section separates from the main bit.

the insert then comes out and youcan spray it with whatever spray paint you like.

once dry, put the insert back in, reheat/add new glue and stick back together.

cheer thanks :D orange is now under way aha

Great thread, I do have a few questions tho,

Are the Drive shafts standard across all of the models? or are they different lengths to compensate different size gearboxes?

Are you going to use the standard 1.8T engine mounts from an Ibizia Cupra?

Driveshafts are different. There are different thicknesses and different sized CV joints on the gearbox end.

I have mk4 Ibiza engine mountings and a modified Ibiza/Octavia mounting on the gearbox. A Roomster dog bone mounting at the bottom as I had one spare.

• 2 months later...