Fabia refurb underway, project 1.8T

Tech1e

A little change, not your average winter wheels but a bargain from Hitlist on here and I'm pretty happy with them.

9ae7f2da.jpg

182d5ad5.jpg

1698d1f8.jpg

516881f5.jpg

Avus and paradas are being cleaned up and stored. Quite taken with the big deeps though, think once the ****e weather is out the way I'll treat them to a refurb.

I reckon that fabia looks totally hench :thumbup:

That's an expensive little cache of parts you have pictured above, I remember the pain it cost me to replace the front bumper on my fabia With that body kit on my trusty 2.0 after it got ripped off by me hitting a traffic cone on the motorway.

I reckon that fabia looks totally hench :thumbup:

That's an expensive little cache of parts you have pictured above, I remember the pain it cost me to replace the front bumper on my fabia With that body kit on my trusty 2.0 after it got ripped off by me hitting a traffic cone on the motorway.

£62 off eBay for the lot..lol

Picked up another little treat for the car today, thanks to Softscoop.

179951f4.jpg

ecd0b758.jpg

Just need a good scrub up but in pretty good nick, I've seen a lot worse at work that's for sure. Brightens the interior up a little (not that it needed it with a green dash..lol) but much more supportive in the twisties for sure. Funniest part of the day being stuck on a kerb outside Softscoops place, cars that stiff as the back right hand wheel dropped down it picked the left front up and was stuck there with the wheel spinning..lol

what u gonna use to clean your seats with? mine are horrendous atm lol

Bloke at work has the arch extension mouldings on his red fabia VRS, got to be honest I don't like them, they look like an afterthought bought from ripspeed in Halfords lol

Just my opinion, but you never know Techie you may change my mind on them. You never know.

Bloke at work has the arch extension mouldings on his red fabia VRS, got to be honest I don't like them, they look like an afterthought bought from ripspeed in Halfords lol

Just my opinion, but you never know Techie you may change my mind on them. You never know.

I think the car kinda looks like that anyhow so maybe it will work..lol

Toying with doing a two tone Monte style paint job on the arches etc anyhow, see how it goes.

• 3 weeks later...

Fitted the rear brace today, bought from Andy on here (polo6n1600i)

3dd1c39a.jpg

13a81b72.jpg

Makes one hell of a difference, more so than the front one. Had to readjust front dampers to balance the car back as rear end was so planted it was making the front end a little twitchy and I was correcting steering when cornering. A couple of clicks on the front dampers and it's all good. Makes you wonder what it would be like with some power..lol

i mean acid dipping ur wheels to change the colour purple bit to green isn't cheap and it is a minor change. i dread to think of the money being spent when instead a 1.4 16v engine with more power and just the same fuel economy could be dropped in for a few hundred pounds and might give the car enough go to make use of your lovely wide wheels and aftermarket suspension in a corner.

this is no personal rant at yourself and your car, i think it's more me getting frustrated that the VW dub scene is coming over to skoda.....

we all have passion for cars clearly, but in very different ways.... i don't think i've ever spent more than 30seconds admiring the aesthetic value of a VAG group car but i've enjoy hundreds of hours driving them.

i really meant no offence, i happen to think your fabia looks nice

Different people people like to modify their car in different ways.. I personally like the euro scene and as it is a vag then I think it's good to see some going that way.

Glad you are happy with the wheels, I never had them fitted so didnt know how well they would go with a fabia. But i have to say wow they do look good.

Carnt wait to see the rest of the car when its done

Aaron