Oil advice and recommendations here!!

oilman

• 1 month later...

Guy,

Welcome to Briskoda. I'm an existing customer (previously owned a S1 Elise and currently own a GC8 Impreza and an Octavia II 1.9Tdi PD 105).

Looking on your website I see you are selling Fuchs Supersyn LL Plus 0W30 at a discounted price. Would this oil be a better bet than the newer (but slightly more costly) Fuchs GT1 Longlife 5W30. The oil is for my Octavia, however, in a few months time I will be taking delivery of a new Superb II equipped with the same 1.9Tdi PD 105 engine as in my Octy.

I travel 30k miles per year, mostly on motorways.

The Octy is on a variable servicing regime, normally requiring a service every 18-19,000 miles.

Guy,

Welcome to Briskoda. I'm an existing customer (previously owned a S1 Elise and currently own a GC8 Impreza and an Octavia II 1.9Tdi PD 105).

Looking on your website I see you are selling Fuchs Supersyn LL Plus 0W30 at a discounted price. Would this oil be a better bet than the newer (but slightly more costly) Fuchs GT1 Longlife 5W30. The oil is for my Octavia, however, in a few months time I will be taking delivery of a new Superb II equipped with the same 1.9Tdi PD 105 engine as in my Octy.

I travel 30k miles per year, mostly on motorways.

The Octy is on a variable servicing regime, normally requiring a service every 18-19,000 miles.

you have to be careful if the car is still under warranty

0w-30 probably will not be 504.00 507.00 approved as its the older type of variable oil

every vag engine that was using variable 0w-30 LL2 has switched to 5w-30 504.00 507.00 apart from a couple of engines like v10 diesel

it's probably on offer because eveyone is buying ll3 oil

you have to use the 5w-30 504.00 507.00 type in both the octavia and the superb

i'm presuming that the oct is still under warranty

you have to be careful if the car is still under warranty

0w-30 probably will not be 504.00 507.00 approved as its the older type of variable oil

every vag engine that was using variable 0w-30 LL2 has switched to 5w-30 504.00 507.00 apart from a couple of engines like v10 diesel

it's probably on offer because eveyone is buying ll3 oil

you have to use the 5w-30 504.00 507.00 type in both the octavia and the superb

The Fuchs TITAN SUPERSYN LL PLUS 0W-30 is VW 506.01 spec, which as Guy confirmed is fine for variable service intervals in a PD Superb.

The Fuchs TITAN SUPERSYN LL PLUS 0W-30 is VW 506.01 spec, which as Guy confirmed is fine for variable service intervals in a PD Superb.

you'll have to check in your manual when you get the new superbII

i think it will almost certainly be 507.00 only as the 506.01 is now not used in the modern skoda engines

Edited by wonkydonkey

Does VW507/VW506.1 offer better protection than the VW505.1 oil?

If cost is not an object is there then an advantage to using this on fixed services such as reduced engine wear?

depends on what driving style you have mate

have a look at this link and decide what plan is best for you

Volkswagen Servicing Plans : Volkswagen UK

505.01 is for pd engines on fixed 10000 intervals

507.00 is for pd engines on variable or for the fixed 10000 interval pd engines with particle filters

• 3 weeks later...
Can you advise me what the OEM oil is please?

I can get oil sampling done for free and the more info I can give them on what they are sampling, the better the report is.

Engine is the latest 118kw 1.8T Octavia

thanks

Shell is 100% first fill supplier to VW's most important engine plant in Salzgitter

https://www.volkswagen-media-services.com/medias_publish/ms/content/en/pressemitteilungen/2007/12/30/the_volkswagen_plant_in_salzgitter.standard.gid-oeffentlichkeit.html

dont know whether your engine was made there but there's a fair chance

best regards

Have 1.2 HTP 70 H/Back 7500 miles-am thinking about asking for an extra oil change in the Spring and changing from the current semi-synthetic to a full synthetic oil(at the dealer's).Which oil would be best?:confused:

Any fully synthetic that's 502.00 approved will be perfect

Motul VW specific 5w-40 is a good one

best regards

hi,

I got a 2006 Fabia Classic 1.4 tdi pd, this is my first diesel and I'm not a car-person, I'm just another driver... A week ago, the flashing "Oil" warning appeared on my speedometer display, then I kind of panicked and went to the nearest gas station, and the guy over there recommended me 10W-40 Shell Helix Plus Diesel. So I agreed (it was the most expensive oil in the shelf:

Edited by Arda

Hello,

It might be a simple question but can you help me find the right oil.

Car 2004 Mk1 VRS Octavia combi with 120k on clock.

Service interval QG1, oil spec VW50300.

I see from the table that I should be able to use Castrol 0w30 fully syn, but my local Skoda said should it be 5w30??

Please help!!

Best regards

Ant.

Edited by sandyland