Order Times, Build Times, Delays, The Skoda Black Hole Ordering System

• 2 weeks later...

Just got told that it now has a provisional build date and is expected mid July!!!!! James I have stolen your sig!

Ha! No problem. I'm starting to get the impression I'm near the front of a very long queue... I'm keeping my fingers crossed for some good news tomorrow. We'll see.

Delivery is normally 3-4 weeks, so I would expect your build week is around W24. You may still even get yours before mine. At least you're not waiting on a DSG box.

Judging by monte's sig, I should hopefully get a build date allocated in next couple of weeks, as I ordered my vRS at end of Feb.

Downside is I've ordered a vRS = DSG = long wait. :-(

Update, of sorts.

My car still has no build week. SUK are estimating it will reappear as potentially W22. So that's at least a further 4 weeks.

That's TEN MONTHS from order to delivery... assuming it doesn't slip even further.

I've asked for it to be raised to Executive level. We're considering involving the regulatory body, and my wife is a journalist - and we're speaking with some magazines. How can it be possible that you can make a whole person quicker than Skoda can deliver a Fabia estate?

• Like 1

Update, of sorts.

My car still has no build week. SUK are estimating it will reappear as potentially W22. So that's at least a further 4 weeks.

That's TEN MONTHS from order to delivery... assuming it doesn't slip even further.

I've asked for it to be raised to Executive level. We're considering involving the regulatory body, and my wife is a journalist - and we're speaking with some magazines. How can it be possible that you can make a whole person quicker than Skoda can deliver a Fabia estate?

I will be available for interviews about my story ;-) Seriously though it is a joke, personally i think the comms from the dealership to customer are really bad, and maybe even from SUK to the dealerships.

I suspect from Skoda in general out the way comms are going to be bad. Funny how when its all going wrong they keep quiet, and don't bother with the likes of you and me. Like a lot of people I find it incredible that you can make a person faster than a car at present, and when we got our Touran, I ordered it end of June, delivered mid Sept, and at the time I thought that was quite long (most estimates then were 8 weeks). But this is beyond ridiculous now. My thought is that orders should not be accepted until the backlog is sorted, or inform people first of the wait.

I'm thinking cancelled orders might get things moving again.

I have now cancelled my order for the vrs estate as they couldnt give me anything firmer than maybe late june/early july which given that i ordered in december just wasnt acceptable, ordered another car now (not skoda), the skoda dealership didnt seem to care but their customer service people did, they must be getting bombarded with irate people on a daily basis, so thats me done with skoda folks, never got started really, v poor dealer service, great cars but major manufacturing issues at present it seems at least fabiawise

• 2 weeks later...

Enquired about a VRS new yesterday at a dealer - was warned of 7 month lead time. He claimed its a shortage of DSG gearboxes across the whole VAG group. He checked stock though, and could have sourced one of three models built, unallocated (cancelled orders perhaps?) and due in the UK in 3-4 weeks. Best deal was £17500 for it - it had cruise control, metallic and rear parking sensors so list would have been £18k and a bit.

I've found an ex-demo, six months old but literally *57* miles on the clock (at least, before the missus and I test drove it today), so brand new really. £14.5k and I can pick it up next week. Coupled with reasonable part ex, I'm happy.

Anyone think there is a possibility that dealers holder back orders to meet quarterly targets??

Obviously Skoda had a busy start to the year because of the VAT Free offer, etc. So they have a load of orders in, and the first quarter figures are amazing, or the 2nd quarter figures if that's when the sales go through on delivery. So the dealers hold back some orders pushing some sales into the 3rd/4th quarters??

Any thoughts?

Edited by monte

21 weeks from order and still no build date ..... yep DSG box on an Estate :-(

Seriously though given it says mid March on the order form it's going to miss that by a mile. M&S vouchers isn't it you get?

M&S vouchers???

I've been led to believe that Skoda have some scheme by which you get an amount of vouchers depending on lateness which can be spent at Skoda dealers or at Marks and Spencers.

25 Weeks £150 35 weeks £300 - something like that (not sure on exact figures).

I think it's usually money off now. It's supposed to be M&S vouchers but the dealers were struggling to be reimbursed by Skoda.

Crunch time is coming for mine. It has a build week of 20,which means it should be confirmed next week... I have absolutely everything crossed!

Keep us updated, I'm getting close to cancelling already, and I only ordered in Feb! When did you get your build week?

I got one within a couple of weeks but it's a waste of time to be honest. Mine has, so far, slipped back by 5 months. As it stands, mine will be 9 months in total.

Hi all, I've joined this forum to have a bit of a moan and do some research! I ordered a Fabia Monte Carlo on the 24th March and was told week 18, as there was one on the production line that they have 'tagged' for us and now am being told week 20. I wouldn't be at all surprised if it was moved again. My parents ordered a Fabia 105 TSI Elegance a week before and they haven't got a build date yet. After reading many of the posts it seems frighteningly common. I'm not a patient person and the tax runs out on my mini end of May (which they're taking in px) and I'm not prepared to pay out for that just cos they can't get their act together! :hi:

Same thing here, ordered mine 3rd March and was given a build date of 30th April, then 14th May and thats still not been confirmed. My MOT runs out a week after that so i will be giving my car to skoda early so i dont have to spend out on a car i no longer own (px).

Hope i dont have a long wait until delivery without a car.

ChrisandLou: Going by my experience, your parents won't see theirs much before Christmas. My dealer is now quoting 8-12months for 1.2 DSGs.

My tax also runs out at the end of the month. If I DO have to keep it, then I'll buy it and get a refund but I'd really rather not.

Your Monte SHOULD come through a bit quicker, as it's the DSGs that are causing the problem. HOWEVER, if you believe what you hear on t'interweb, then it sounds like Skoda's priority level for UK Fabias is really rather low.

mossop: If you haven't already, open a case with Skoda UK. If it goes over a certain time, you'll be owed the first level of compensation - I can't remember what this is as I'm well past that point by now! In SOME cases, they can arrange a courtesy car in lieu of compo. What have you ordered?

Really not likeing reading this I orderd a Fabia Montie carlo 1.2 tsi 86 red Maxidot airbags headrest electric windows to the rear on the 14th of april and been told late august early sept :/ This is a Joke I got fed some rubbish about build quality and how they have to make sure its right this is why it takes longer -__-

If you ask me its all rubbish this has put me off getting a new car again. as this is my first time buying a car New or old i think i might just keep using my mothers mk 1 vrs

Rant over.

Forgot to add I paid 12,000 How does this compair to other people ?

Thank you.

Well, just had an update of sorts. It's slipped again.

All I know is that they anticipate I will get it at some point in the next model year.

Absolutely fuming.

I hope all others with similar specs are taking note. I ordered EIGHT MONTHS ago.

Ordered Monte Carlo 10th April and be advised delivery 'August' 1.2TSI 105PS 5spd plus some extras

Still waiting for build date anybody else an ideas on delivery for a factory build?