Order Times, Build Times, Delays, The Skoda Black Hole Ordering System

• 2 weeks later...

Had message from dealer today about my Monte which is scheduled for build week 36 (Sept 3rd) Dealer said usually 4/5 weeks delivery from then.

• 1 month later...

Just to get my one here as well.

Order placed mid August. Black Fabia vRS with black alloys, heated seats and GSM II Blutooth Build date was week 43, now moved to week 42. Not sensational but better than other way round. Depending on how long it will take the car to make its way from the factory to UK I should be picking it up end of October or first week of November.

I spoke with a friend of mine who is a complete anorak as far as motor industry is involved and he told me an interesting fact about USA market.

There is NO waiting for new cars over the pond. If a customer can't drive away in a car he likes the same day or the next customer goes elswhere. They seem to have a policy of keeping large stock of cars. I also suppose that Yanks are not so picky regarding the exact spec they car has to have :) Jut a guess...

Edited by Jabozuma

I have be in my skoda dealership and ask If there was any update on my vrs and I've got a date when it should come to the uk. They said it be ready the first week in jan 13 could jump forward two weeks, I ordered the vrs in July this year, so I may have a late Xmas present

Ordered my Fabia VRS 6th July and been told I can pick up on 1st Oct.

Loaded with sat nav, bluetooth, parking sensors, arm rest, floor mats, cruise control, climate control & steering wheel with seperate telephone functions.

Colour is green with black roof & black wheels.

Edited by jlt978

Ordered my Fabia Vrs mk2 mid August 2012 and was told first week in November for delivery, I have had a few phone calls from the dealer in Bannockburn with updates and a build date of week 41 with delivery end October, really impressed with dealership as been using them for eight years now. And if the cars late in arriving I know it will be out of their hands.

Rallye Green metallic

Black Roof

Dark Chrome Alloys

Centre Arm Rest

Underseat storage boxes

0% vat offer

Will be really sad to see my Fabia Vrs mk1 go but really excited about the mk2 see the link below.

http://www.briskoda....test-drive-wow/

Got a phone call on 11oct from dealer giving me an update on my car, it has been built and awaiting shipping which could be another 3 weeks. Getting really excited now.

Edited by willie5094

That is one serious bargaining power you have there man!

Not really, priced it up with drive the deal and went in with their price and they matched it. No problem.

Was dealing with the managing director and he showed me their spread sheet, at that price they would make a loss on the car. Not sure if I believe him though.

Ordered my fabia Monte Carlo on 14th August, been given an estimated date of 24th November though been told this could fall back to mid/late December

Still waiting for confirmation of build week

Ordered my fabia Monte Carlo on 14th August, been given an estimated date of 24th November though been told this could fall back to mid/late December

Still waiting for confirmation of build week

They update it weekly so do not hesitate to give them a call once a week :)

Sam at wayside mk said he will keep me upto date with delivery date as much as possible, he will try and advise me on delivery date before the weekend

Just so impatient, never had to wait this long for a car before lol

I feel your pain! My vRS has production week 42 (October 15) and should be with me end of October, first week of November. Waiting times are seriously ridiculous! It it wasn't for the car I'd never'd placed my order with such a metuzalem waiting time - I orderd mid August... so 12-13 weeks waiting time!!!

Keep calling them once a week as all they have to do is to log in to VAG website and check your order status. When order week is set order status is changed to 20. they will be even able to tell you which port is it going to be arriving at :). My one will be landing somwhere in Kent, can't rememebr the name of the place ...

Last time I checked on my status for my new vRS it was an overall 16 week wait from week 33 so hopefully to the dealer for the first week in december! But keep in touch with them to check and it's always the same :( so impatient but I know it will be worth the wait indeed :rofl:

Also ordered my fabia vrs mid August and been given build week 42 with delivery a few weeks later. Just can't wait!

Well after reading the horror stories on here on how long they are taking this doesn't seem too bad. Just got my fingers crossed that it doesn't get put back now.

Also ordered my fabia vrs mid August and been given build week 42 with delivery a few weeks later. Just can't wait!

Well after reading the horror stories on here on how long they are taking this doesn't seem too bad. Just got my fingers crossed that it doesn't get put back now.

Just call your dealer and ask him/her to check if your order status is 20. If so then your build date is cast in stone and will happen unless factory has a problem. They also should be able to tell which port is car going to be shipped into. If he tells you he doesn't have access to the system tell him to go to a PC which has access, don't let the fob you off :).

Test drove a fabia gl2 today ... someone placed a deposit on the car after I arranged a half day test drive but still got to have my extended test drive . Back at dealership managed to secure the last UK car that's currently in transit otherwise would have been a 14 - 16 week wait . Should be at dealers in 2 - 3 weeks.... 14 weeks is a long wait just for maxi dot . Very pleased with today's result.

I've just been told that my car is going to be built week 3....... seriously? Now got to look at getting a second hand car for the time being as there is no way i'm not driving until the new year.

Not impressed!

• 2 weeks later...

I've just been told that my car is going to be built week 3....... seriously? Now got to look at getting a second hand car for the time being as there is no way i'm not driving until the new year.

Not impressed!

Hi,

which engine did you go for :wonder:

Placed an order myself at the end of September for a Monte TSI 86 with options of ESP+, Cruise and Headlight washers. Dealer seemed confident they would have it by end of Jan latest but going on your provisional :wonder: build then it might be a 13 plate :wonder: :wonder:

TP

I went for the 1.6 TDi CR 105 engine - ordered Sept 14th (not Aug 14th as a previous post)

What I was confused about is in the phone call they said just after christmas, or early part of January, but gave me a provisional build week of 3 which isn't either of the two...... the original paperwork I got with the order stated an estimated delivery of November 24th :(

Not heard my weekly update yet, as my salesman has been on holiday, hoping to hear some good news either tomorrow or next week, otherwise i'm chatting to Skoda UK to see what can be done as the original estimate of 10 weeks looks nearer 20-25 weeks. Week 3 would be third week of January, so take into account delivery time of say 4 weeks, then week 7 is almost March, if that's the case i'll just demand it's not registered until March 1st 2013.

Shall wait and see, just starting to get impatient, if I had a date set in stone i'd be much happier but still not got a confirmed build date yet after 4 weeks.

Edited by AdamJMK