Order Times, Build Times, Delays, The Skoda Black Hole Ordering System

What options if you don't mind me asking and which engine, 75, 90 or 105? We have the same on order in 105 and they think it should be August~ish.

Just about the works - the only options I didn't choose were cornering headlamp/fogs, or whatever they are, and a sunroof. Ordered pretty much the rest, including leather. The 105 as well. Was told likely Sept last week. Pete

Ordered Fabia 1.2 Tsi 105 SE Plus estate from Gordon Lamb, Derby, after receiving mysterious letter offering good deals from Skoda UK. Got what I thought was a good deal, and specified various factory fitted options. Given delivery date of 31st July. Asked to have an extra option fitted (ESP) 2 working days after placing order, and dealer says it might not be possible to have this fitted (says Skoda UK has final say!).

Ordered Fabia 1.2 Tsi 105 SE Plus estate from Gordon Lamb, Derby, after receiving mysterious letter offering good deals from Skoda UK. Got what I thought was a good deal, and specified various factory fitted options. Given delivery date of 31st July. Asked to have an extra option fitted (ESP) 2 working days after placing order, and dealer says it might not be possible to have this fitted (says Skoda UK has final say!).

Same thing happend to me, i wanted to add the maxi dot not long after I ordered and he said they would be able to do that.

Same thing happend to me, i wanted to add the maxi dot not long after I ordered and he said they would be able to do that.

I ordered a Fabia 1.2 TSI Elegance DSG on 23rd Jan with optional Elba Alloys, rear electric windows, front under seat storage & sat nav. I was advised by the dealer to expect a 9 month wait due to the shortage of the DSG which would make for an October 2012 delivery. I have been tracking the build week online and it have had an advisory build varying between week 19 to 23 over the last 10 weeks. Last week the build date changed to confirmed and it is due to be built this week and it is scheduled for delivery to the dealer wc 25th June. Well pleased.

This is where I get really confused with Skoda as having ordered more or less the same as Smagoo only it was placed on 16 Dec 11 and I have only recently being given Week 28 by my dealer. The tracking website does not even have this info. I expect Skoda Customer Services on their next call on 6 June will have something different. They did hint to various delays that could be caused by dealers holding back orders to fill quoto's etc.

In the meantime I have enlisted "What Car" help to highlight this sorry saga.

Will update as I get it.

Ray

As an update to this topic I was advised by Skoda UK that my Fabia Estate 1.2 TSI DSG Elegence ordered on 11 Dec 11 now has a build week of 30. Keeps getting later but if it remains at 30 that will suit me. Sept registration. Next update due on 4 Jul so I am not holding my breath. Still do not fully understand how orders placed after 16 Dec can be met months before then.

Ray

ordered 2 weeks ago the saturday just gone and had an update call from dealer saying build week confirmed for three weeks time and should be three weeks after that that i collect my lovely new monte with esp+ and cruise control :)

• 2 weeks later...

Ordered Skoda Monte Carlo 1.2 105ps Manual Gearbox in Corrida red on the 10th April, the car was built week commencing 16th June and is due for delivery to the Dealer on the 18th of July.

Hope this assists

Modorator

Hi All,

I ordered my Monte Carlo at the end of April and was told by my local dealer in Cinderford Glos that it would be 4 months or so due to the spec, so no panic I thought.

Bugger me it is at the dealer now and my salesman rang me tonight to ask when I wanted it!! Due to work commitments I cant get to it for a couple of weeks, total bummer but if I can I might rearrange a few things and get it next week!!!!!!!! C'mon!!!

So near but yet so far!

Dealership has updated the boat will not ship until all spaces have been taken. This includes Audi, VW, and Seat cars sold in UK therefore delivery could be delayed.

Dealership has updated the boat will not ship until all spaces have been taken. This includes Audi, VW, and Seat cars sold in UK therefore delivery could be delayed.

:sweat:

No update on my monte :( though should have a call tomorrow with any info as they get the updates then, dealer said a max of 3 weeks so fingers crossed by the end of the month i will have my new car :D