Order Times, Build Times, Delays, The Skoda Black Hole Ordering System

Update on my vRS estate

I when to see my dealer to day to see what is go on with my new fabia vRS estate as i order it on 25 jan and it is good news my car is being build next week :yes: thats week18 it was going to be build in week 20 so if all go`s to plan i should have it at the end of may :)

rob

Ordered mine 4 weeks ago and just popped into the dealer today to see how its going and there still saying only another 6 weeks. seems very quick going by others on here so im not building my hopes up, just quietly optimistic :)

btw they had the exact same car, minus the few extras that i NEED lol and it looks smart, very smart indeed. i did deliberate long and hard over the colour. previously id only seen red or green in the flesh but i opted for white with black wheels and here was one in the very flesh. even had the grey fleck on the seats as i almost went for the red, and its very smart im really REALLY looking forward to it now ive actually seen one

IMAG0118.jpg just like this one :)

Wow :p glad i ordered candy white with black alloys that looks very nice indeed, still haven't seen one in Birmingham (yet), Ordered mine on 23rd of March and no update so either its going well or theyve forget about it but gave the dealer a email today so hopefully he will update me soon. :D

Hmmm dilemma. I've got finance approved @ 2.25% for a brand new car. However, dealer rang me yesterday and offered me a mint used Fabia vRS Estate (albeit in red) for £13,995 with £400 more in options than I'm having.

Tempting but it's a 60 plate and registered in 2010, 3,000 on the clock.

Even though I could get my hands on it next week, I feel

There are the following caveats:-

1. It's not the colour I really wanted

2. My new order could possibly run into September before collection, so I'd get *possibly* a 61 plate, even possibly the Black Pack for free

Any thoughts?

Well looking at it practically.

Firstly do you want/need an estate.

Secondly how desperate are you that the car be brand new and undriven before you, and also how much are you having to pay for your brand new motor.

I suppose it depends whether you can wait till september and how much you want the black pack.

I personally would wait but there again I was in a different position and was in no rush as I had an Octy VRS to drive whilst waiting.

I can see your dilema though.

I wanted an Estate anyway so other than the colour - this is perfect. I didn't want one originally but as my wife is now having a DS3, so we need something half practical and having seen one I now prefer it.

A brand new car, that would be mine is only £800 more. It's a no-brainer. I'm waiting for my new green one :-)

However, won't stop me having a test drive!

OK a call from the Finance Manager has confirmed that I'll be waiting for the new Green one.

Basically, he says it'll be £20 a month cheaper to have the 2nd hand one (despite being a £1000 cheaper). If I had the cash, then it would have made sense to buy the Red one, it's £1K less and had more options.

Sooooooooo back to waiting 14 weeks, it is then!

just after a little advice please guys.

Ordered my VRS on 13th March and no word from the dealer yet, is it better for me to chase them (say a pohone call every week or so) or just leave them alone and let them keep me informed?

Natural impatience to one side (or at least try) what have you all found to be the best course of action?

Ignore the dealer and ring Skoda UK Customer Service - what I have been doing. They have updated me every week/ten days now :)

Do I need any sort of referance number or just my name / adress etc (think I can manage them :giggle: )

Good thinking - I've just sent them an e-mail.

I'll continue to do so. My dealer was keen to try and get me to think about buying that 2nd hand vRS, but would ultimately have meant £700 more in their pocket through interest and they get rid of a near new 2nd hand car sharpish - (though I don't have to wait 3 months for a new car)

But for the extra £300 I kindly told them that I'd rather wait for the new one :) (i.e. even though it was £800 cheaper than a new one, would only have been £300 cheaper after the finance was finished - they couldn't do the same rate for a used car)

I'm just keen to know that my order has been placed, and I can get my car ASAP. I hate waiting at the best of times. This could be the longest 14 weeks, evar!

Edited by gorebrush

This could be the longest 14 weeks, evar!

I hear you on that one - I am rubbish at waiting..the Wife is still amazed I have waited 6 weeks without ringing the dealers everyday :giggle:

ps - which email address did you use for Skoda cust service?

Edited by Jayw

just had a call from my dealer, he has now said that my order might not be here til the end of july now, thats jumped from 16 weeks to 22 weeks, i'll give it a week or 2 to see if owt changes but if it s still looking like end of july then i think i'll be asking for my deposit back and they can keep the car, ive never waited this long for a car before, if they cant cope with orders then they should'nt be making them in the first place

i have been bugging them e mail to m rutherford (ceo skoda uk)

then prof martin winkerton(ceo vw group )

build week not available yet from order date of 15/jan/11

did have week 21 given by dealer end of feb

think that was to shut me up

i have sine e mailed the factory still waiting a reply

mr winkerton took a fortnight to reply so i asume the factory

will send the email with the car

Anyone with same original build-date as me? Week 8?

Order-date 20-10-10 build week 8, then 14 and after that none build week :( seams like skoda dont want to make my FABIA COMBI 1.2 TSI DSG

Or perhaps they think its funny that I am almost broke after I had to hire a car after my old one broke for over a month ago..

Woundering if an lawyer could help me to sue skoda for unnormal delivery time? some guys in that factory shuld ****in hang high!!

If your Skoda car is late in delivery, at 18 weeks you can get a hire-car supplied or £150 vouchers to spend at the dealer or M&S.

At 25 weeks you get another £100.

I am facing 36 weeks so enquired about compensation.

You get compensation from Skoda if its over 25 weeks. You'd have to confirm this with Skoda UK.

Im not from UK.. car ordered in sweden and the salesman could not give compensation he said to me..

I was thinking of sue skoda in Czech Republic! they are the factory of this mess..

Edited by xcyber

If your Skoda car is late in delivery, at 18 weeks you can get a hire-car supplied or £150 vouchers to spend at the dealer or M&S.

At 25 weeks you get another £100.

I am facing 36 weeks so enquired about compensation.

thats something then I suppose....but how can you prove late delivey?

My order form says "factory order" as the estimated delivery - which was quite sharp of the salesman :wonder:

Had a very nice chap from Skoda Customer Services contact me with these bits of information:

When you place an order with a dealer, the car gets a tag date and a commission (coms number), which then tags the car into the dealers stock.

That order then has what they call a "Status 10" which means that the factory has confirmed that they have received the order. At this point they will try and put a build week number against it, and this then makes the order a "Status 20". However, the build week here is *preliminary* and is subject to fluctuate. I.e. it could be 19 this week, 22 next week, 21 the next week and so on. It is not worth trying to ring your dealer all the time because it'll make you think your car probably isn't on its way as quick as you would like.

However, at some point, the factory will then confirm the build week, and set "Status 30". When in Status 30, this means the build week date is set in stone and the car will be built.

It takes 5 days to make the car, and 3.5 weeks, approximately, to ship it. Therefore, 4.5 weeks from the build week, and you should be sat in the car.

Also, some of you who are experiencing very long delays - he did say that a lack of diesel engines is possibly causing this for some orders.

Hope this helps.

Well had a phone call from the dealer today. Said he still havent got a build date to speak of just yet said to ring back in a week to check, hopefully dont have to wait too long now he quoted we 2-3 months so hope hes right :D (waited a month already not as long as some people on here though)Just hope to god i dont have to wait as long as some others on here its killing me already driving my p.o.s corsa around :(

Edited by FishVrs