VAG 170 PS Diesel Injector Failures - VOSA action

But of course they are made by the same people. Did you expect someone else to make them? The issue was with oil getting in through a rubber seal and making the injectors short out. This issue has been identified and there are now 2 seals in place to make sure the failure doesn't happen again. I haven't had any problem in finding out what injectors they are putting in. Skoda told me, and told me what the issue was with the failing ones. Are you seeing conspiracy theories my friend? Don’t you believe people landed on the moon?

All the best

It is not a conspiracy issue, but a problem regarding quality. I wanted to check that parts shipped in Romania are the same to the parts shipped into markets that have other quality controls, laws etc. I wanted to check also because here and on a UK VW forum people said that their injectors are not Continental. I think I was legitimate to check (why to be different, right?)... But as I said nobody from here knows what was replace inside their cars.

I hope that the problem was fixed, but from what signals I have here it seems not. Time will tell. You can imagine I am one o the first who wants this problem gone, after I was stalled in a foreign country with small kids in 37 degrees Celsius. Maybe you or other who didn't have any real technical problems with the injectors are really calm and relaxed, but I am not, I am trying to make sure that the yogurt is really cold. I will never want to go with this car through adventures similar to "I shouldn't be alive" programme from Discovery. :)

ps: in other discussion, yes, you are right, I think the people never landed on moon and still can't. :) Maybe if they will change the injectors, they'll do. :)

Edited by geovadim

I have a verbal proof. I spoke here in a VW workshop, off the record. WV Passat 140hp are equiped with Continental injectors, 'S' series. These injectoris already have problems like the old ones. For my car (170hp) there are TX series and no problem for the moment because there are fewer models. This is what a VW mechanic told me.

What you have to do is ask (1) what make are the new injectors - because as I see here nobody knows, it's quite a top secret and (2) ask in service if these new injectors have failed until now.

You can phone to VW Germany Customer Care and ask a connection to Export Department. They can tell you exactly what make are the injectors, if in the UK nobody from the official workshops can tell. It is very strange, don't you think? The phone is +49 (0) 5361 90. I phoned and asked if the injectors for Romania are the same shipped on other markets and they said that are identical. That means that you have Continental (Siemens re-branded), that means that the injectors who fail here will fails also there, like it was until now. I phoned in Germany primarely to find out if the injector problem is only in Romania (maybe because of a lowest fuel quality). They told me that the problem is global.

So, it the problem is global and the new injectors already fail here, I can expect the story to continue (unfortunately).

This is getting quite petty now.

I have read numerous e-mails and forums lately to read they are 'modified' parts. So as far as I'm concerned and probably 99% of this forum, they are all fine!

This is getting quite petty now.

I have read numerous e-mails and forums lately to read they are 'modified' parts. So as far as I'm concerned and probably 99% of this forum, they are all fine!

I agree, the parts are modified. I will now back out of the Romainian's game. I thought he had genuine proof. But it seems it's only by word of mouth. Not worth the paper it's written on then. Maybe he should take this up in Romainia, if he is worried about the parts there being different.

It's looking like a good result for us here so far thanks to the issue being fought by jfarhead and now this site. Let's hope there is a recall in the pipline. It does prove that here in the UK, sometimes things can go our way.

Edited by Deneo

I emailled SUK and they phoned me back within a few hours and told me to book my car into the local dealer so that they can see if I have the injectors fitted to my car that are the ones that need replacing. If they are, then they will change them free of charge. My car is booked in for two weeks time so will let you all know the result.

Latest update.

Had my injectors checked yesterday afternoon at local ( well 30mile away ) skoda dealer. Showing no faults.

Rang Skoda UK this morning to inform them still not happy driving the car. They rang the dealer and now my car is booked in for 4 x injector change next week, all FOC thanks to Skoda : :) Result.

Latest update.

Had my injectors checked yesterday afternoon at local ( well 30mile away ) skoda dealer. Showing no faults.

Rang Skoda UK this morning to inform them still not happy driving the car. They rang the dealer and now my car is booked in for 4 x injector change next week, all FOC thanks to Skoda : :) Result.

Thats kind of the way things went for me. My car is in today to get all 4 injectors replaced, should get the car back tomorrow. I've got a fabia scout 1.6tdi courtesy car with only 550miles on the clock, nice wee car to drive :yes:

Cheers davey g. Im 6"3', dont know if i can squeeze into something that small!! :giggle: Keep us all updated as to how the car goes when you get it back. Was up in Scocland the other week for Tattoo ( excellent by the way) using plenty of the fast lane for the 600 mile round trip. Might not have been quite so keen if I had known about this problem before :wonder:

Thats kind of the way things went for me. My car is in today to get all 4 injectors replaced, should get the car back tomorrow. I've got a fabia scout 1.6tdi courtesy car with only 550miles on the clock, nice wee car to drive :yes:

I saw the scout outside yer hoose! I've missed a call from SUK, someone called Dan? Need to call him back today. Hopefully I'll have the scout next week. I got an email from visa 3 weeks ago telling they would be changed. Skoda have dragged their heels a bit with me.

I saw the scout outside yer hoose! I've missed a call from SUK, someone called Dan? Need to call him back today. Hopefully I'll have the scout next week. I got an email from visa 3 weeks ago telling they would be changed. Skoda have dragged their heels a bit with me.

Yeah, it's Dan thats dealing with it now. He agreed for mine to be replaced last week and chathams phoned soon after to book it in. I've actually been meaning to catch you dougie to see if you knew about this issue, glad your getting it sorted too :)

i brought a skoda octavia vrs 2.0 tdi three weeks ago and the second day i had the car one of the injectors went and it cost me £800 to get it sorted. a few days later my second injector went and i lost my steering and brakes while i was driving on the A50 at 50 mph nearly caused me to have an accident. and know i'm having a problem with Robert Eardly the main skoda dealer in my area who is not sorting the problem out went its skodas fault and its a common problem on these cars that needs to get sorted.

Took my car in this morning to Palmers in Watford and it had all its injectors changed free of charge and I had the car back by 4pm. Plus the car feels much more responsive. Result!

Dealers still denying the problem at the Audi forums... nice to know nothing has changed...

The Skoda dealer where I have just had mine changed had no idea about the problem..he was genuinely confused as to why I wanted them changing... I asked them how many other cases have they known of someone making a few phone calls and apparently perfectly working components being replaced without question... across at least 3 of the 4 marques.? I suggested to them if there weren't major issues I would have been told to do one.... they had to agree..

sent via HTC

i brought a skoda octavia vrs 2.0 tdi three weeks ago and the second day i had the car one of the injectors went and it cost me £800 to get it sorted. a few days later my second injector went and i lost my steering and brakes while i was driving on the A50 at 50 mph nearly caused me to have an accident. and know i'm having a problem with Robert Eardly the main skoda dealer in my area who is not sorting the problem out went its skodas fault and its a common problem on these cars that needs to get sorted.

Why on earth did you pay £800 for the repair of a 1 day old car (even if not new to you). Obviously to goods were faulty and if the dealer won't help, I would go and speak to the Citizens advice or a lawyer and also to VOSA.

Why on earth did you pay £800 for the repair of a 1 day old car (even if not new to you). Obviously to goods were faulty and if the dealer won't help, I would go and speak to the Citizens advice or a lawyer and also to VOSA.

Unless it's a private sale, agreed - there's a breach of contract as the goods were not (or failed to remain) of satisfactory quality. There may be an issue if it was not repaired by the supplying dealer though ...

Worth a read yaz 333333: http://www.consumerdirect.gov.uk/after_you_buy/know-your-rights/SGAknowyourrights/

Unless it's a private sale, agreed - there's a breach of contract as the goods were not (or failed to remain) of satisfactory quality. There may be an issue if it was not repaired by the supplying dealer though ...

Worth a read yaz 333333: http://www.consumerdirect.gov.uk/after_you_buy/know-your-rights/SGAknowyourrights/

Indeed I was assuming not a private sale as a dealer was mentioned, but the suggestion I gave only counts if it wasn't a private sale from an individual.

Latest update.

It's on my ramp now ready for the morning :)

@ yaz 333333

VAG should not have charged you and you can get a full refund on this. Once again it shows that VAG are only paying off people who know about the issue and have no intention of ever recalling this. VOSA have only mediated this bribe, since nothing is being sent out to all other owners.

Get your money back. Why not ask them why they hid the fact these should have been done for free?

Anyone else had problems since having their injectors replaced?

The DPF light has come on twice since (never before) and recently the glow plug has been flashing, which the fault code claims is a turbo actuator problem. And the even better news is that you cant get the actuator seperately, you have to buy the whole turbo unit costing a bomb. I've had enough to be honest.

These problems have occurred in the 6 weeks since the injectors were changed. Everything was fine before :dull:

Sorry no, all I had since replacing my single faulty injector with a new injector was a failure of the new injector within 5 months.

I sold my car a month after replacement, I had enough a looong time ago

This is how i feel now. Once these problems are sorted, its going. I've always had VAG cars and loved every one of them. But i'm finished with them now. This isn't just based on my experiences but other people i know who have nothing but problems with the newer cars.

Although, saying that i would buy and older VAG, say pre 2005. I loved the 1.9 PD 130 engine in my Golf, it was bullet proof. The newer 2.0ltr PD's are nowhere near as good imo.