Roomster Sunroof Blinds

vroomy

Hi

My wife's Roomster 3 has a sunroof with mesh blinds that pull together, closing in the centre of the roof. We have noticed now that the weather has warmed up, that the blinds sometimes fly open by themselves. On Sunday in the afternoon heat, they opened and set the alarm off.

The lack of a clip to hold the blinds closed is one of the very few flaws in what is otherwise a brilliantly well designed MPV.

Has anyone else had this?

Does anyone have any ideas for creating a fix for the problem?

Thanks

Hi

My wife's Roomster 3 has a sunroof with mesh blinds that pull together, closing in the centre of the roof. We have noticed now that the weather has warmed up, that the blinds sometimes fly open by themselves. On Sunday in the afternoon heat, they opened and set the alarm off.

The lack of a clip to hold the blinds closed is one of the very few flaws in what is otherwise a brilliantly well designed MPV.

Thanks

Mine has never done that in 2 years, just occasionally they will work their way about 2 inches open while driving but even that is rare. I think yours may be faulty.

Mine has never done that in 2 years, just occasionally they will work their way about 2 inches open while driving but even that is rare. I think yours may be faulty.

+1 except they've been OK for 3 years!

Fred

There is a clip (or at least mine has!) but its not all that effective, though as the others have said if it does work loose it only opens by an inch or so...

i be picking my roomy on saturday and i will look at this clip can they fit a new clip on theses blinds to stop them from opening pete

There is a clip (or at least mine has!) but its not all that effective, though as the others have said if it does work loose it only opens by an inch or so...

Mine doesn't have one.

We have had the panoramic roof blinds open by themselves on our Roomster. I had thought the cause was a result of the warm temperatures and the catches (located on the rails) loosing their "spring" in the warmth. It is only a problem when the alarm is set off by the movement. easy way around this of course is to leave the blinds open in the warm weather.

We have had the panoramic roof blinds open by themselves on our Roomster. I had thought the cause was a result of the warm temperatures and the catches (located on the rails) loosing their "spring" in the warmth. It is only a problem when the alarm is set off by the movement. easy way around this of course is to leave the blinds open in the warm weather.

just been to my dealer to to give them my tax pick my roomy on sat i ask about the blinds they had no problems with the blinds yet

but i will keep a eye on mine eny problem it will be in right in

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

Thanks

I have same problem with blinds - my car is still under guarantee and should be repaired tomorrow.

I think the problem is the small plastic clips at each side which the blinds lock into.

will let you know how I get on!

I have same problem with blinds - my car is still under guarantee and should be repaired tomorrow.

I think the problem is the small plastic clips at each side which the blinds lock into.

will let you know how I get on!

i just keep mine open lets all the light in great car

• 2 months later...

I am having exactly the samwe problem with my 3 month old Roomster 1.6TDi. If I get on a bumpy road or brake a little sharply they slide open. There is a clip but it looks pretty ineffective so it looks like I will be taking in to the dealer to get it sorted. I have had a couple of incidents of the alarm going off and never thought that it might be the blind sliding open but with hindsight that definitely is the cause....good call. Other than this it is a brilliant motor and I just love it.

Edited by roomsterfan

• 1 year later...

Fixed this problem on mine with a magnetic cabinet door catch from B&Q, with keeper glued on one side of the existing handle and the catch glued to the other with "Evil stick". Doesn't look brilliant, but had zero problems since I did it, which is over three years ago.

• Thanks 1

My dealer has fixed this under Warranty today with a very neat installation of two small magnets above each blind face to hold them together. They cannot be seen from the interior and are genuine parts so Skoda UK must know about this problem and are happy to

fix under Warranty.

• 2 weeks later...

Now that explains it......

My dealer has fixed this under Warranty today with a very neat installation of two small magnets above each blind face to hold them together. They cannot be seen from the interior and are genuine parts so Skoda UK must know about this problem and are happy to

fix under Warranty.

Must go to my dealer and get him to sort it out .

• 2 months later...

So my new (built June 2013) Roomster SE has this problem - the sunroof blinds will open when driving along. Obviously I'll get this fixed under the warranty, but I'm surprised this problem still exists & that they haven't added the magnetic catch or something similar as standard (or maybe they have & it got missed on my car).

I took a picture of the catch that's in the blind runners and is the only thing that holds the blinds closed - it seems pretty insubstantial, and going over any bumps causes the blind to be knocked out of it. The blind moves quite freely along the runners, and seems to be slightly sping loaded to open - which obviously doesn't help things.

I wonder if anyone can confirm that this is what holds the blind closed on theirs?

post-102722-0-10003400-1374791854_thumb.jpg

I wonder if anyone can confirm that this is what holds the blind closed on theirs?

attachicon.gifP1030800.JPG

I have clips like that on mine that are designed to hold the blinds closed.  Don't know how well they work as I have them permanently open!